Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Finally!!!!!! I went to see my Fiancé.......it was GREAT!!!!!!!!! My Babe was nervous, and shaking......we've been together 9 years now and cuz of my situation at home I couldn't visit.....so our relationship has been only in letters and phone calls.....it was an unforgettable and memorable day!!!!!! I love him with all my heart and miss him dearly!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to adrialuvstriggs For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (10-07-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 PM

Hi everyone,
My hubby will b transfering there anytime now. Can someone give me the run down on how it all works here. We are coming from Chino so I pray it will be better here. He will be on the level 3 sny. All info greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-20-2012, 08:51 AM
GOTHIKA

went swimming yesterday did my 50 lengths feelin good, keeping me balanced, got calls from mi pelon last nite, good to hear his voice again, gave me good news = ) blogging his letter, almost the weekend back at his side again = )
Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

Welcome mom Ok, so I am only going by what I've seen on TV and read, but I think Donovan will be a better place for your husband then Chino. I suggest you read through the newbie and visiting thread to get an idea of what expect at RJD. Welcome and if you still have questions please let us know!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to his#1 bball fan For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (10-07-2012), momgnewild (09-29-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Hi everyone- My honey is going to be transferred to RJD anytime. Is visiting on D yard still only one day a week (Saturdays) or has it been changed to both days yet?

Also- which Yard is level 3- SNY- I believe it is D yard but wanted to double check.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:40 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
Hi everyone- My honey is going to be transferred to RJD anytime. Is visiting on D yard still only one day a week (Saturdays) or has it been changed to both days yet?

Also- which Yard is level 3- SNY- I believe it is D yard but wanted to double check.

Thanks!
D and B are both level 3 and I think that the visiting is now both days for D.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 PM

I keep reading about an appointment system for visits, called VPASS. Does anyone know if this will really be at all california locations? I hope not but it sounds like it will.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:53 AM
GOTHIKA

it is now saturday and sundays chica and yes d yard is level 3 but someone help me out there, there is another yard that is level 3 also.

Quote:

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 AM
GOTHIKA

yes there is a new apppointment system but chica do not worry yourself its not at donovan. now if you visit another facility thats a different story, thank God at donovan we keeping it the same but then i don't feel we have as many visitors as other facilities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
I keep reading about an appointment system for visits, called VPASS. Does anyone know if this will really be at all california locations? I hope not but it sounds like it will.
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 AM
GOTHIKA

went walking last nite, mermaid status today goin swimming = ) getting change, doin hair tonite, car gassed up, what to wear? gots to go to sleep early be out in the dark driving. can;t wait to be next to his side!

drive safe chicas if you out there in the dark, member you are not alone there are other sisters from other facilities out there with you.

have a nice weekend, goin to DISNEYLAND ON SUNDAY, THEY GOT ONE OF MY FAVORITE HOLIDAYS UP ALREADY " HALLOWEEN "

HAY VOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PELON = )
Beachhouse (10-07-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post

have a nice weekend, goin to DISNEYLAND ON SUNDAY, THEY GOT ONE OF MY FAVORITE HOLIDAYS UP ALREADY " HALLOWEEN "

HAY VOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PELON = )
We love Disneyland for Halloween. I think we are going next month.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:08 PM

Hi- My hubby is transferring to RJD this week, Can you tell me a little about how their program is? he should be assigned A1A status- level 3 SNY. Like- how do the phones work here? Dayroom access? yard time. Things like that.Also- how long are they usually on orientation here?

Are the new people being transferred in getting jobs quickly? I see that there have been a lot of changes here- just like everywhere.

How is the visiting here? I read a lot of good things- our visiting is good where we are at now- but we are looking forward to a change. Are there a lot of terminations?

Thank you
Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Hi- My hubby is transferring to RJD this week, Can you tell me a little about how their program is? he should be assigned A1A status- level 3 SNY. Like- how do the phones work here? Dayroom access? yard time. Things like that.Also- how long are they usually on orientation here?

Are the new people being transferred in getting jobs quickly? I see that there have been a lot of changes here- just like everywhere.

How is the visiting here? I read a lot of good things- our visiting is good where we are at now- but we are looking forward to a change. Are there a lot of terminations?

Thank you
Hi I can reply to some things but not all, since I just dont know.

Visiting is nice I think and have others mention how good it is. Food is good.
Jobs - mine hasnt gotten one yet but hes only been out of reception since jan 1. His roommate just got one.
Phones- for most they seem to get to use them often.
Yard/dayroom - mine doesnt get much but hes not a1a yet.
comehomesoon (09-27-2012), his#1 bball fan (09-25-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 AM
GOTHIKA

getting spoiled with his calls everyday, it took us 10 years but we made it to this level = ) send his blogged letter off yesterday, got one myself. starting to get ready for roadtrip to donovan. plan the time game = )
Beachhouse (10-07-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 PM

My hubby just got transferred in to RJD. I called records today and found out he is on D yard. Does anyone know how long the guys are having to be on orientation after transferring in from another facility? He did not transfer from reception. He is be in for 8 years now. Just trying to get an idea of when he might be off orientation and able to call. I plan to visit in two weeks. I am hoping he is off orientation so that we can have our contact visits. :-)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 AM
GOTHIKA

excited cus today i get ready to see my pelon this weekend, check list : nails did, hair doin it, what to wear? getting change and getting car gassed up = )

its goin to be hot at donovan yuckssssssssssss

everyone have a nice weekend and to those of you driving,be safe !

ya voyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy pelon! = )
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
My hubby just got transferred in to RJD. I called records today and found out he is on D yard. Does anyone know how long the guys are having to be on orientation after transferring in from another facility? He did not transfer from reception. He is be in for 8 years now. Just trying to get an idea of when he might be off orientation and able to call. I plan to visit in two weeks. I am hoping he is off orientation so that we can have our contact visits. :-)
Sometimes they go thru orientation here and sometimes they don't. I know this yard is just opening up so I'm not sure. This place is a lot different than other places. So sorry there isn't much help with that. You could always call visiting and ask if he can get contact visits and then you can guage if he's on orientation or not. Welcome to RJD!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (10-07-2012), comehomesoon (10-02-2012), his#1 bball fan (10-04-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 AM
GOTHIKA

processing was slow today because of new driver taking his time to go back to pick up visitors, i did mention it to sargent alvarez, it really slowed down the processing. drive to donovan was smooth NO CARMAGADON 405 fwy in L.A DRAMA on the way back, which was cool ! weather on saturday was nice and a bit warm but toterable out in the patio. special was the carne asada giant burrito deliciousssssssss. more tables in our room, no food machines as of yet and no microwave machine either.

its suppose to be 100 degrees in LOS ANGELES what the hell? I HATE HEAT bring on the cold, i am doneeeee with this heat, angelinos do not do well with the heat jajajajaj.

bloggin his letter today, expecting his call tonite, yummy calls yesterday just what i needed to stay strong = )
Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM

Default Trying to get message to my hubby

Hi everyone- My hubby is still in orientation so no calls. I am needing to get a quick message to him. Is there anyone that has a loved one in Building D17 not in orientation (i.e.- you are able to get his calls) that can help me out? Could you PM me please?

Thanks so much!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Go for our 1st family visit this thursday. Eeeekkkk I'm so nervous/ excited! :-)
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM
GOTHIKA

enjoying my phone monster, sending out his blogged letter today, went for my swim yesterday did 54 lenghts, add some for the month of october = ) i notice it got dark earlier yesterday love ittttttttttttt bring on my winter, goin for an evening walk today and mi pelon for sure will be joinning me = )
Beachhouse (10-07-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 AM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

Tocca-oh that is wonderful!!! Enjoy it as it will go by way too fast!!

Goth-did you end up going to Disneyland? Too bad I didn't bump into you. I went later in the afternoon when it was cooler this past Sunday. LOVE that place. CA Adventure looks way better now after the remodel. We really enjoyed just walking and sightseeing.

I am SOOOOO ready for a cool down too. It's Oct time for warm clothes not shorts! 2 more days until the weekend

Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM

Default Urgent! Need to know who the public information officer is for RJD.

Hi- Can someone please tell me who the Public Information Officer for RJD is and their extension? Thank you
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Angry No power in the cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
processing was slow today because of new driver taking his time to go back to pick up visitors, i did mention it to sargent alvarez, it really slowed down the processing. drive to donovan was smooth NO CARMAGADON 405 fwy in L.A DRAMA on the way back, which was cool ! weather on saturday was nice and a bit warm but toterable out in the patio. special was the carne asada giant burrito deliciousssssssss. more tables in our room, no food machines as of yet and no microwave machine either.

its suppose to be 100 degrees in LOS ANGELES what the hell? I HATE HEAT bring on the cold, i am doneeeee with this heat, angelinos do not do well with the heat jajajajaj.

bloggin his letter today, expecting his call tonite, yummy calls yesterday just what i needed to stay strong = )
I know that your man is on D yard- building 19. Does he have power/electricity in his cell?

I just heard from my guys- he is in building 17- there in no power in any of the cells. They shouldn't be transferring guys in if they are not ready for them- they should atleast have electricity. He won't even have a lamp after dark- no TV, shaver, battery charger, hot pot. Nothing. This is so inhumane.

Last edited by comehomesoon; 10-04-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 AM
GOTHIKA

yes i did mamas i was there jajajaja, i lost my voice for 3 days after my favorite ride after space mountain, tower of terror, freakin ride is awesome jajajaja it was my first time at cali adventure and i was impressed. miss you girl and my other girl too, tell her hello for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by his#1 bball fan View Post
Tocca-oh that is wonderful!!! Enjoy it as it will go by way too fast!!

Goth-did you end up going to Disneyland? Too bad I didn't bump into you. I went later in the afternoon when it was cooler this past Sunday. LOVE that place. CA Adventure looks way better now after the remodel. We really enjoyed just walking and sightseeing.

I am SOOOOO ready for a cool down too. It's Oct time for warm clothes not shorts! 2 more days until the weekend
Closed Thread