Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM
GOTHIKA

patrick logan is his name and his ext i believe is 7802

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
Hi- Can someone please tell me who the Public Information Officer for RJD is and their extension? Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
comehomesoon (10-05-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 AM
GOTHIKA

yes but not like you think, something about not having plugs in the wall or something, its because it was accomdating reception and those guys did not stay very long, now its accomadating perm level 3 inmate. they are working on it i was told, i have no reason whyyyyyy they did that and open a yard for perm inmates when it was not set up for them. ITS SUCKS I KNOW = (

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
I know that your man is on D yard- building 19. Does he have power/electricity in his cell?

I just heard from my guys- he is in building 17- there in no power in any of the cells. They shouldn't be transferring guys in if they are not ready for them- they should atleast have electricity. He won't even have a lamp after dark- no TV, shaver, battery charger, hot pot. Nothing. This is so inhumane.

Last edited by gothika; 10-05-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 10-05-2012, 07:49 AM
GOTHIKA

Taking the weekend off to see mi pelon, its countdown for us for lockdown so gots to get ready my bag of tricks for halloween theme jijijijiji, getting his calls so it helps to stay strong, blogging his letter and getting letters from him.

Love keeps us strong in this journey that not many can endure

15 years together, 10 years in prison visiting almost every weekend = )

love
Beachhouse (10-07-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Default Anyone in D yard Building 16?

OK ladies-

I will settle down on my posts once my hubby gets situated but we are really having a time right now.

My hubby got transferred two weeks ago and was originally in building 17. I got to see him for an hour non contact on Saturday ( he is in orientation still. but it was still oh so worth it to be able to see him and talk to him!!!

So he found out right before he saw me that he is now going to building 16. Does anyone know if there are phones installed in building 16?

I know that the phones had to be installed in 17 and 19 but I haven't heard anything about the other d yard buildings. I am assuming that they don't have phones or electricity like the others ones but wanted to confirm before I start asking questions of administration.

I will be a few more weeks before he is off orientation but I wanted to at least see the status of the phones- I live in the stockton area so our main source communication is that phone.

As a side note- when my husband left the other prison he was at- a number of the inmates property would not fit on the bus- so it was shipped. He still has not received it. So my husband has been in a cell for two weeks with nothing but the clothes on his back. He doesn't even have any basic personal hygiege stuff- doesn't even have toothpaste. Can't even write me a letter. This transition has been really hard on him- being treated like this. Doesn't seem right how this happens.

I'm working on finding out where his property is and hopefully will have that straightened out tomorrow but I just needed to vent. I can tell that my hubby is in a really bad time right now because of how this is going and I am really worried about him.

We had heard really good things about RJD, as far as prison goes. I sure hope that this is not a sign of how things will be. Everything we heard was that this was a "nice" place to be- all things considered- not so, so far for us.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Comehome- im sorry that his stuff either wasnt sent/he hasnt gotten it yet. I have no idea about moving between places as Donovan has been our only home, reception to now. I have read on here, and other places sound like how I imagined prison would be and donovan still is nice and doesnt sound horrible to us. I hope that he gets electricity soon and that his property arrives, They should at least give them basics until it does. I think once they get it all situated it will be good. I have heard another prison changed their yard around and it was horrible with no visits and no food, etc. So at least your further along in the process and there is food, tables and phone soon. I hope they speed up for you guys and get them all settled in. Im glad you got a visit. I hated those glass visits but so much better than nothing.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM

I got to visit yesterday, nice weather and not a lot of people. I was surprised. There must have been some people out since food took forever and they had less items. The food guy came only like 2 times to our room, all day. I have restarted my weekly countdown for next week. My guy smelled so delicious I didnt want to leave. Cant wait to go back ...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 AM
GOTHIKA

packing my bag of tricks today with halloween treats to be seen by mi pelon = ) goin for a walk today, been doin real good with workouts, my husband and i both work out, he runs i walk, he does his body work and i so my swimming, keeps us healthy and balanced = )

so glad fall is here the weather is very welcome here in L.A

but freakin gas prices are a killer = (
Beachhouse (10-09-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

CHS-so sorry to hear it's been 2 weeks since he has arrived and not got his property. Hope you get your answers soon as to when he will have it. Keep us updated.

BH-you're probably right. Donovan cafe was perhaps short staffed hence the lack of trips to your room. The guy that used to do it before (can't remember his name but was the one who would ride his bike to work) was nice enought to let us know beforehand when they were short staffed in case we wanted to orders for food early.

Well, it's finally Oct and I'm still having to turn the AC on at work. Where is our fall weather I wonder hope you guys are having a good Monday!

The Following User Says Thank You to his#1 bball fan For This Useful Post:
comehomesoon (10-14-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 AM

Im good with warm weather as long as the humidity leaves finally. thats been horrible all summer.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 AM
GOTHIKA

excited that in the next couple of days its suppose to rain = ) packin my bag of tricks today,goin thru checklist before i take off. feelin good with the working outs i am doin. bloggin his letter, getting his calls that i love to get to help us stay strong = )
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 AM

Default RJ Donovan housing inmates who are permently in wheelchairs?

Recently a rumor began that there is rebuilding of a yard at Donovan for the express putpose of housing inmates who are permently in whelchairs. It being a well guarded state secreat, so it appears, information on this subject has been impossible to find. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 AM
GOTHIKA

excited to be on lockdown status next couple of days and its goin to rain oh yayyyyyyy gothika's kind of weather jijijiji, sending off his letter today. goin to nail shop today to get diva up, hair did, packed. = )

everyone have a nice weekend, drive safe, remember you are not alone out there on the road there are other sisters traveling too = )

here i come pelonnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karren Ann View Post
Recently a rumor began that there is rebuilding of a yard at Donovan for the express putpose of housing inmates who are permently in whelchairs. It being a well guarded state secreat, so it appears, information on this subject has been impossible to find. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
I know facility C building 14 is suppose to be converted to this type of building. That's all I've heard though. Hope it helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (10-15-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 AM

So I saw my hubby yesterday for our one hour non contact- . not the same as our contact visits but oh so awesome just to see him and here his voice since no phone calls while on orientation. I will be back next Saturday for more- only5 more days- We too do a weekly countdown. Tick-tock. .

So my hubby finallllyyyy got his property. I had spent the beginning of the week on the phone non stop to find out where it was. Either the former prison didn't sent it or they put it on the slow boat to china to get to SD because it didn't get to RJD until the middle of the week. I can say though thaqt once it got there- RJD got it to him right away. What a relief- I could just see that my hubby was feeling better. Being locked up in orientation is bad enough- the guys get two showers a week and two hours out of their cell each week while on orientation- that's it. That is bad enough- to not have any of your basic property either- is horrendous.

And my hubby wasn't the only one with property that was shipped. Turns out that such a large load left at once- there were a lot of inmates whose property wouldn't fit on the bus- 2 pallets full. There were all told the property would be over nighted to RJD. HA. What a joke- if they would just be honest. Anyways- at least it is there now.

Thank you everyone for your care and concern. To all of you who have guys that just transferred in- I hope that things are going smoothly and they are getting settled. As far as classification goes- and getting off of orientation I am told that they are part way through the guys that arrived in September. Exactly where I am not sure but it is headed the right way.

Hope everyone had wonderful visits! I am counting down to next Sat when I can hear his voice again but on the big countdown to when we can have contact visits again. Should only be a couple of more weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 PM

Default Got a silly question!!!!

I know this may sound silly, but my friend who may be transferring there is wondering what they get for television channels. Where he's at they don't have much, so he's hoping to get some decent channels there.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM
GOTHIKA

weather was nice on my lockdown, overcast with a wittle rain = ) rested over the weekend, went to magic mountain to fright frest, I LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS JJAJAJAJJ, batman ride is the best at nite jajajja. sending mi pelon a card with pics today. taking my diego car for an oil change, got to keep my prison car up !

its hot again in the city, yucks !!! go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy jajajajajaj
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

Karren-not a silly question. Don't know the answer but I'm sure one of the wonderful folks here might know and answer your question.

Gothica-been to MM before and swear I will never ride Goliath again. Too scary for me!!! Or Superman! LOL other then that I can do the other ones no prob. Lately I can barely handle Tower of Terror @ D-land. I guess it's my age LOL

CHS-glad you got your visit, don't we all know how precious that time is even if it's for an hr and thru glass. Thanks for the update on the property. Helps others that may be going through the same thing. Glad he finally got it!

I can't believe it's going to be Halloween already! Where did time go? Time for me to start stocking up for my Christmas shopping. Yep, I start super early so I only have a few to worry about in Dec. Have a great week everyone!

The Following User Says Thank You to his#1 bball fan For This Useful Post:
gothika (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 07:12 AM
GOTHIKA

lol chica, i am a thrill ride lover, girlllllll batman ride at nite was awesomeeeeeeeeeee in the front it feels like you are flying and being tossed around jajajajaj, i love superman, i love all that stuff, and tower of terror in disneyland to me is second to space mountain love ittttttttt jajaja always want to keep the kid inside of me alive, forget the age chica, i will be 80yrs old and still ride jajajajajaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by his#1 bball fan View Post
Karren-not a silly question. Don't know the answer but I'm sure one of the wonderful folks here might know and answer your question.

Gothica-been to MM before and swear I will never ride Goliath again. Too scary for me!!! Or Superman! LOL other then that I can do the other ones no prob. Lately I can barely handle Tower of Terror @ D-land. I guess it's my age LOL

CHS-glad you got your visit, don't we all know how precious that time is even if it's for an hr and thru glass. Thanks for the update on the property. Helps others that may be going through the same thing. Glad he finally got it!

I can't believe it's going to be Halloween already! Where did time go? Time for me to start stocking up for my Christmas shopping. Yep, I start super early so I only have a few to worry about in Dec. Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 AM
GOTHIKA

yummy call from mi pelon last nite, starting his letter today, sending him mo pics, diego car in car shop. freakin heat needs to go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hate it jajajaja. can't wait to be with him this weekend. = )
Old 10-16-2012, 07:44 AM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

Good Morning Ladies, I was wondering if anyone knows if yard A is on locdown? I havnt heard from my hubby since last week and I am getting a lil worried...just need a peace of mind.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~
Old 10-17-2012, 07:08 AM
GOTHIKA

its goin to be freakin hot in the city today yucksssssssssssssssss go away heat !
= (
blogging his letter today,getting his delicious calls, getting my diego car out of the shop today, half way thru the week, closer to being with him again = )

went for my walk last nite, goin today also, feels good. = )
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 AM
GOTHIKA

blogging his letter, got his yummy call last nite, went walking at my booty busting hill feel good, goin swimming today, love being a MERMAID! diego car being deliever today by my mechanic = )
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM

Default Yards and Levels

Can someone please tell me a bit about the yards there?
For instance, is there an SNY yard that houses all levels, or does each level have it's own SNY?
What yards are for what level? (A for level 1, B for level 2, etc)
Is there a yard just for chronically ill/handicapped inmates, if so, what yard is it?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 PM

Default GP Yard

Has anyone heard that Donovan is getting or have gotten a GP yard? Please advise.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 AM
GOTHIKA

there are 5 yards, 3 sny and they are turning another gp yard into sny level 2 sometime in future, i think the other gp yard is level one if not mistaken, pretty much donovan is a sny prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachosen1 View Post
Has anyone heard that Donovan is getting or have gotten a GP yard? Please advise.

Thanks
Closed Thread