Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Donation Award 

same thing here girl, I will hear the recording, and I keep pressing and saying 5, and the recording just keeps on going and doesnt let me accept. Frustrating! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to HisLightShines For This Useful Post:
mlcnkc (02-06-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Very frustrating, and even more for them. He's been telling me also that sometimes it says that there is a block. Has anyone tried to call and complain?
The Following User Says Thank You to adrialuvstriggs For This Useful Post:
mlcnkc (02-06-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs View Post
Very frustrating, and even more for them. He's been telling me also that sometimes it says that there is a block. Has anyone tried to call and complain?
Same problems here ladies. D yard- bldg 16. It actually has been going on since the switch to offender connect. He will call and say he has called for 10 minutes and the phone never rang on my end, other times, I press 5 and it won't connect, sometimes it tells him there is a block, other times it says unable to validate... it is very sporadic- i will be fine for days and then all of the sudden there are problems again...

The phones are bad as it is and then this.. I haven't called yet but we all need too. It is obviously a wide spread problem. I will get the phone number and post it.
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
mlcnkc (02-06-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 PM

Default Offender Connect Contact Information

Phone Number:
1-877-650-4249
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 11:00 pm (CST)

Saturday - Sunday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm (CST)

Closed on major holidays.
Corporate Address:
Global Tel*Link
P.O. Box 2827 Mobile, AL 36652

support@OffenderConnect.com

This of course is general information. I will see if I can get a specific contact person for issues like this and will post their information in the next couple of days- if I can get it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
HisLightShines (02-06-2013), mlcnkc (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM

Well it sounds like we are all having problems. I'm going to call to see what's going on. Its frustrating for all of us!
The Following User Says Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
HisLightShines (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc View Post
Well it sounds like we are all having problems. I'm going to call to see what's going on. Its frustrating for all of us!
Thanks mlcnkc, let us know hwat happens when you call please! It will be interesting to know what they say. I was on a call yesterday and all of a suddenmy husband couldnt hear me, I could hear him but he thought we got disconnected and so he hung up and had to call again. grrr
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Does this happen also in the morning ladies? In my case it's only at nights, even when he sometimes calls me mid-afternoons all the calls go thru but at night time it's when it starts
Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs View Post
Does this happen also in the morning ladies? In my case it's only at nights, even when he sometimes calls me mid-afternoons all the calls go thru but at night time it's when it starts
I have noticed the same thing. I did call yesterday and they put in a "trouble ticket". So we shall see what happens.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM

Has anyone received any calls from C yard? None for me since Tuesday. Worried.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc
Has anyone received any calls from C yard? None for me since Tuesday. Worried.
From what my Fiancé has told me, he says that they are not having program and sometimes even eating until 7pm, so by the time they finish. It's already to late to use the phone. But last 2 days he has called me mid afternoon, hope that helps
mlcnkc (02-15-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 PM

No calls from C since Sunday for me...worried too.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's my heart View Post
No calls from C since Sunday for me...worried too.
I just heard from my hubby who is on D yard. There has been no dayroom program for two days because all of the sudden there is not enough officers to run the dayroom. This happened to us last week too. He wass only allowed out tonight because he was signed up to make his call- otherwise- there is no program and he is locked down.

I find that hard to believe- there are always CO's everywhere!!! But we all know that they can do what they want.

Anyways-sounds like that may be the excuse on C yard too- just not for sure...

Hope that helps.

Just wanted to let you know.
janicesg (02-17-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Mrs. Rivera

I heard from my fiancé as well tonight and yeah it happen last week as well too......he's in C
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM

I have been having the same problem and my hunny is in D yard. I heard from him on Wednesday and he told me he had been trying for a week but I never received any of those calls. He said he was going to call in the morning on Thursday but its Friday night and I still havent heard a thing. I did call gtl and told them about my problem and they said there was nothing wrong with the phones but they would check it out anyway. I miss him and Im worried I need to hear my babys voice. Can anyone let me know if they have heard from anyone in D yard. Thank you
Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Thanks comehome, he called yesterday morning and told me the same thing. 5 minutes into our call we got cut off! He called right back, turns out they got a new clerk and he turned off the phones by mistake. But he daid they aren't getting dayroom everyday :-(.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 PM

Default New phone system installed today!!

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that GTL was at the prison today on D yard installing a new phone system.

It is totally new and updated and so much better. My hubby was able to call right before he had to go in.- the phones were down all day.

The new number that will show up on your phone is 619-671-0054.

Also- the recording is now a ladies voice and it announces it is a GTL prepaid call.

The best part is that the interruptions during the call were way reduced. No Beeeeeppsssss at all.... . Only one time during the call it reminded us we were recorded (and it shorter than the old recording so less call interruption). There was a quick 60 second reminder and then 30 sec reminder at the end.

Also, my hubby said that the phone actually rings on his end now, which is a plus for the guys. Before the phones never rang on their end so they couldn't tell if the call actually connected or now. Now, the phone actually rings- so they know the call went through.

I don't know what yards or buildings they have been to yet- but ti sounds like there is improvement on the horizon...

Now... if they can only keep the program consistent with access to dayroom..... We'll be in business.

If anyone has any questions or unsure on what is happening on your yard building, I can email Lt Logan and get an update for everyone. I assume this change will happen throughout. I know that a lot of yards, buildings are having problems with the phones.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
He's my heart (02-15-2013), HisLightShines (02-19-2013), janicesg (02-15-2013), LOVINGBREED (02-18-2013), mlcnkc (02-15-2013), todayz_darling (02-18-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 PM

It's the 16th of February, & still no calls. Unusual, since I get calls every morning. GTL knows nothing about any upgrading of their phone system. I spoke to the supervisor. Anyone else, still having problems with the phones?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 PM

The sooner I get an answer from someone, the better. What the heck happened anyway? A lock down for the whole facility & if so, why?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:46 PM

Cool GTL Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that GTL was at the prison today on D yard installing a new phone system.

It is totally new and updated and so much better. My hubby was able to call right before he had to go in.- the phones were down all day.

The new number that will show up on your phone is 619-671-0054.

Also- the recording is now a ladies voice and it announces it is a GTL prepaid call.

The best part is that the interruptions during the call were way reduced. No Beeeeeppsssss at all.... . Only one time during the call it reminded us we were recorded (and it shorter than the old recording so less call interruption). There was a quick 60 second reminder and then 30 sec reminder at the end.

Also, my hubby said that the phone actually rings on his end now, which is a plus for the guys. Before the phones never rang on their end so they couldn't tell if the call actually connected or now. Now, the phone actually rings- so they know the call went through.

I don't know what yards or buildings they have been to yet- but ti sounds like there is improvement on the horizon...

Now... if they can only keep the program consistent with access to dayroom..... We'll be in business.

If anyone has any questions or unsure on what is happening on your yard building, I can email Lt Logan and get an update for everyone. I assume this change will happen throughout. I know that a lot of yards, buildings are having problems with the phones.
GTL supervisor said that there was no work on new, upgraded system. The supervisor may have been wrong. Does anyone else know what happened? One has to wonder what occurred on the yards. It's so upsetting when things such as this happen. What a total drag.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 PM

U guys too. I was supposed to get a call yesterday and this weekend n nothing. I first thought maybe I didn't have enough on my account. Then I do and I'm like wtf is going on. I came on here to ask the same question. Crackers n peanut butter. I left one prison that did that sh*t and he went there. And boom again. If any news post pls. Not to be rude but there are some regular posters that don't acknowledge other peoples questions. I say this bc phone calls are important to thoughs who get them. So any info that others have pls post. Greatly appreciated

P.s.
All I can think off is the phones are down of there was a quick lockdown for all. That would be far fetvch though with a lovkdown.
I think now that the phones are down

Last edited by S.o.A.Fan; 02-16-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 PM

Default Phones

Hi all-

I just got home from visiting with my hubby and I can only speak for D yard because that is the yard he is on. I don't know what yard your loves ones are on 77 and Fan.

The phones were supposed to be down for 3 hours on Thursday for the new phone system- I don't know if an actual GTL person was there on not, but the phone system was definitely updated as I put in my post. The calls now say pacific bell when he calls, along with the other changes I already mentioend and I have received a number of calls since.

When he was able to call me late Thursday, only 2 phones were up, then on Thursday night or Friday morning, only 1 phone was working, but my hubby told me that they were there working on the phones all day Friday.

The CO's and the guys are saying that all of the phones on D yard are down except for this one phone in my hubby's building. So if your loved ones are on D yard- I believe that this is why you are not getting calls.

If I hear any more tomorrow from my hubby- I will post when I get home and let you all know.

I will also email the public information officer, Lt. Logan on Monday AM and find out what is going on with the new system and the status of getting the phones fixed. Once I hear from him I will let you know.
todayz_darling (02-18-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.o.A.Fan View Post
U guys too. I was supposed to get a call yesterday and this weekend n nothing. I first thought maybe I didn't have enough on my account. Then I do and I'm like wtf is going on. I came on here to ask the same question. Crackers n peanut butter. I left one prison that did that sh*t and he went there. And boom again. If any news post pls. Not to be rude but there are some regular posters that don't acknowledge other peoples questions. I say this bc phone calls are important to thoughs who get them. So any info that others have pls post. Greatly appreciated

P.s.
All I can think off is the phones are down of there was a quick lockdown for all. That would be far fetvch though with a lovkdown.
I think now that the phones are down
I agree that phones are very important and when they don't call we worry. There is no lockdown- I was at visiting today- all is normal. I hope that I was able to help with my other post. If your honey is not on D yard- pls post what yard so that we can try to help everyone out here with what is going on.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Mrs. Rivera

In C yard also there is a new system. I've received calls from him except yesterday (Friday) he said something went down. But I received calls from him this morning. Can't wait to see him tomorrow :-)
comehomesoon (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone77 View Post
GTL supervisor said that there was no work on new, upgraded system. The supervisor may have been wrong. Does anyone else know what happened? One has to wonder what occurred on the yards. It's so upsetting when things such as this happen. What a total drag.
They should let people know when there is going to be something major like this going on with the phones. I don't know "who" was working on the phones and updating them, but I do know that it happened. I will find out more on Monday. I am also going to see if the IFC knows anything about this. What yard is your loved one on?

Last edited by comehomesoon; 02-16-2013 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: typo...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 PM
K-Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
They should let people know when there is going to be something major like this going on with the phones. I don't know "who" was working on the phones and updating them, but I do know that it happened. I will find out more on Monday. I am also going to see if the IFC knows anything about this. What yard is your loved one on?
My son is in A yard and the phone system has changed for his calls, as well. Some of the changes are the same as described earlier in this thread but others are different. For instance, it doesn't say GTL in the caller ID anymore. The first three calls with the woman's recorded voice, didn't have any caller ID, the number was a different 619 number each time. The call yesterday said Fiesta Pacific for the caller ID, but it was still a 619 number. The connection is worse and we have been cut off twice now. We are only getting one 60 second warning, not cool. I liked having the earlier warning and then the 60 second one.
The Following User Says Thank You to K-Mom For This Useful Post:
Triggers Wife (02-18-2013)