Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Faith and courage
Donation Award 

Can I please ask if anyone know the phone number to the mail office at Donovan? It has been 5 weeks and still no letters arriving from me to him. I thought maybe I could call the mailing room and ask if they have arrived at all.....
Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

I think so e has to do with the change in address. Before I was po boxes for each yard and so already slightly separated before having to break iit down into the yards. Now it's all to one address and so they have to separate it into yards themselves before they can then pass it out. I spoke to a co at visiting and she said it would be very slow and she wasn't sure why they even did it.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Woman View Post
Can I please ask if anyone know the phone number to the mail office at Donovan? It has been 5 weeks and still no letters arriving from me to him. I thought maybe I could call the mailing room and ask if they have arrived at all.....

Winter-

I don't know the extension to the mail room but you can email Lt. Logan, he is the public information officer and he will get it for you. His email is Patrick.Logan@cdcr.ca.gov and his phone number is (619) 661-7802.

Also, the lady who makes appt for non- contact visits works in the mailroom one day a week, I've talked to her about the mail before too. She can be reached by calling the main prison number: (619) 661-6500 X 7900. She works in the mail room on Wednesdays so you will be able to reach her at this number every day but Wednesday.

I am sure that they have received your mail- this place is just horribly slow. But maybe you can find out where they are at with passing it out. Who knows! Hoep this helps.

If you find out anything helpful, let us know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
gothika (05-10-2013), Winter Woman (05-10-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Woman View Post
The mail room extension is 5061. I called a couple of weeks ago, and the lady who answered said there are only two of them to sort mail for the entire institution, and at that time they had recently worked overtime for two Saturdays to "catch up." The mail continues to be SLOW.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janicesg For This Useful Post:
comehomesoon (05-06-2013), Winter Woman (05-25-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 PM

I just read we may only be able to send postcards soon. Anyone know more?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post

WHAT?????????????????????? What is that about??????
Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post

Sorry- beach- I think (know ) that I overreacted. I can't find anything, anywhere about this supposed policy except that post. If CDCR is going to make changes to title 15 or the DOM, they have to post the proposed changes and give opportunities for comment. There is nothing about this anywhere. Here is where the proposed changes are posted for the public.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...ons/index.html

I think that this is a mistake is some way. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the CDCR can limit mail to only postcards, in any way. If they could try to, we would have had some notice and time to object.

Last edited by comehomesoon; 05-09-2013 at 11:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
gothika (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
Sorry- beach- I think (know ) that I overreacted. I can't find anything, anywhere about this supposed policy except that post. If CDCR is going to make changes to title 15 or the DOM, they have to post the proposed changes and give opportunities for comment. There is nothing about this anywhere. Here is where the proposed changes are posted for the public.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...ons/index.html

I think that this is a mistake is some way. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the CDCR can limit mail to only postcards, in any way. If they could try to, we would have had some notice and time to object.
I know a lot of county jails are only allowing postcards since we can email them a letter. It wouldn't surprise me if CDCr has something up their sleeve. UGH!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:25 PM

Well the "no appt" for visits thing was said when I originally asked ad now we have appts when we didn't need them. So I'm worried.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:24 AM
GOTHIKA

freakin mail is taking so long to get to them boooooooooooooooooooooooooo going from bad to worst = (
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika
freakin mail is taking so long to get to them boooooooooooooooooooooooooo going from bad to worst = (
I know mine said its takin weeks. At processing they said it would take a long time since they are not separating the mail by yard for
The get go.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:51 AM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

Mail is still going slow. I sent out stamps and paper a month ago and he just got it yesterday

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~
The Following User Says Thank You to lilitalymix For This Useful Post:
gothika (06-18-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitalymix View Post
Mail is still going slow. I sent out stamps and paper a month ago and he just got it yesterday
The kids and I sent my husband fathers day cards 20 days ago, and he barely got two of them yesterday, we sent about 10, I also sent a big envelop, 8x10 with photos 28 days ago, he still hast gotten them.
The Following User Says Thank You to HisLightShines For This Useful Post:
lilitalymix (07-23-2013)
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 AM
GOTHIKA

the mail is freakin crazyyyyyyyyyy my hubby is in adseg and has not rec any mail for 3 weeks goin on 4, what the helllllllllllllll????!!!!!!! thank God we are on our way out = )
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
lilitalymix (07-23-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 PM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

I think mail just came slower by using the main address of the prison instead of the p.o. boxes...it doesn't make since to me. My husband just told me he just got my card the other day and it was post marked in April....YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME???? Communication is what familys need....

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~
The Following User Says Thank You to lilitalymix For This Useful Post:
gothika (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
GOTHIKA

this is true since the change to the 480 alta the mail has been the worst i seen it here in 8 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitalymix View Post
I think mail just came slower by using the main address of the prison instead of the p.o. boxes...it doesn't make since to me. My husband just told me he just got my card the other day and it was post marked in April....YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME???? Communication is what familys need....
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
lilitalymix (07-23-2013)
Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 AM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

Is there a limit on how many letters they can recieve in one day? Example...if I mail out 5 letters in one day will they give him the 5 letters or do you think they will pass it out separtely day by day?

~Helen Keller~
Old 06-03-2015, 10:09 PM

I have sent my son pencils and they said he was allowed 1 pen. So when I talked to him he said he needed both. He said he got a form that the pencils and pen were taken out but he did not get his mail. So I called and I guess new supervisor say no more pencils or pens, and they take it out of the envelope and dont give him my mail unless my son requests it...........Any help please
Old 09-10-2016, 08:55 PM

Default Rjd warden mailing address

Hi,

I'm new at this posting but I'm trying to find the right address to mail a letter to RJD San Diego Warden...Any info will help .... Thanks...