Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:09 AM
GOTHIKA

what!!!!?????? lol hard to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltf22 View Post
I do not know of anybody else taking their concerns to the lieutenant. I was actually able to resolve my issue with her before I heard back from the visiting lieutenant. I had my FV the weekend before last and she actually helped me pour my stuff into the bottles for me. She had no problem with the Mitchum deodorant that was see through and alcohol-free. She didn't really give me a hard time about anything other than my eye shadow (which, for the first time, I was not allowed to take in).

She was actually quite pleasant and cheerful with all three of us visiting that weekend and I thought some progress was being made until I heard the problems that she was giving another wife the following week. I am hearing so many different messages about a lot of the same subjects and it is very confusing as to what rules are being adhered to and which ones are not.

Tomorrow I am making a list of the issues that have been brought to my attention and will forward it to the IFC to be addressed and clarified. If there are any other issues that you have heard of 3rd party or have experienced yourself, please let me know so I can bring that to their attention in hopes of getting everything resolved. If things are not clarified or dealt with, I will be moving forward with a petition. I believe one inmate is already rallying to get a class action 602 going.

I would just keep doing what we have been doing in the meantime (bringing the clear travel bottles for shampoo and etcetera) being that her rules seem to change week-to-week.

GOOD LUCK!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 AM
GOTHIKA

i am wondering is everybody being called for their f.v date on time or is there some king of delay anyone is experiencing?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
i am wondering is everybody being called for their f.v date on time or is there some king of delay anyone is experiencing?

I heard she went to see some inmates last Sunday.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika
Yes they are I just got my call, however im not allowed a lot I used to be allowed to have and see no big issue as to why I can't bring them now. If that makes sense.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:48 PM

Also she said she was changing things and we would get new rules.... Where are the old guidelines? I,can't find my f.v packet.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:55 PM

Hello ladies!
I am getting married soon and I heard you can request a family visit in advance so that you can get it soon after you're married - is this true?

If you could all clear up the process for me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana1989 View Post
Hello ladies!
I am getting married soon and I heard you can request a family visit in advance so that you can get it soon after you're married - is this true?

If you could all clear up the process for me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

This is not true as you need to be married before because you need to send in an original marriage license and other items to have the counselor and captain of his yard approve the family visit.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggers Wife View Post
Also she said she was changing things and we would get new rules.... Where are the old guidelines? I,can't find my f.v packet.
I have a copy of them. I wonder what rules are changing? And the the rules that are changing MUST BE approved by Sacramento! This should be interesting.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:52 AM

All... I am in the process of drafting a letter to Lieutenant Armenta, as well as the Inmate Family Counsel, with all the concerns that have been mentioned. I am sending it with the premise that these are general concerns by many and that we are seeking clarity due to different messages being given. If there is anything else anybody would like to have addressed, I will hold off on sending these correspondences until tomorrow so you have a chance to get them to me. My friend and I are doing our best to get this resolved for all involved.

I agree with mlcnkc; any rules that are changed have to be approved by Sacramento. She cannot just come in and change the rules to what she sees fit. I will see if I cannot find that in the DOM or Title 15.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ltf22 For This Useful Post:
mlcnkc (03-26-2013), Triggers Wife (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggers Wife View Post
Yes they are I just got my call, however im not allowed a lot I used to be allowed to have and see no big issue as to why I can't bring them now. If that makes sense.
What are you not being allowed??
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 AM

I was told all thr stuff I have been bringing for my kids for years I all od sudden can't have. The same changes I have mentioned before. She's gonna count clothing. I can only have so many diapers. My small children can't have a small single layer blanket my sons on a special diet can't bring his Food in anymore I have doctors notes too but she didn't care.. Some other stuff I have written down at the pad. What's the big deal about a single layer security blanket? It's a scary place for little ones! Told me she didn't wanna deal with my kids on certain days. They are wild ones but so I think that's Rude! I used to be excited now im dreading my visit... My husbands pissed because we have never had a single complaint of issue about fv now all of a sudden we do so do LOTS others. What happened to restoring families, my kids aren't cdcr inmates nor am I! If you don't have little ones then my grips probably don't matter. I am debating calling visiting lt but how far will that get me?... Im curious as well to see this new list of rules... Hubs says everything must go through sac. I was hoping if anyone has a dom or title 15 pm me and tell me what says for kids items please.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triggers Wife For This Useful Post:
gothika (03-25-2013), mlcnkc (03-26-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc

I have a copy of them. I wonder what rules are changing? And the the rules that are changing MUST BE approved by Sacramento! This should be interesting.
You do where can I get a copy? Can't find it online...

Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM

Hi, I am new to this! Me and my husband were married 3-23-2013 and we would like to now apply for family visits for us and our daughter. I know the first step is to have him go with his counselor but what happens after that? And how long is the wait to hear whether you have been approved or not? Thank you so much!! Any answer is appreciated!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
GOTHIKA

i was just informed that yes there is a memo goin around in prison that inmates that have already been approved have to have each f.v sign by counselor and captain to get a date, coordinator is giving dates to the new ones because of course they have to be approved, people checking on the fact if this new rule is valid.
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
Triggers Wife (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Default DOM Updated Jan 2013 re: Contact and Family Visits

Hi Everyone-

Attached here is the pages from the DOM regarding family visits (I inlcuded the section on contact visits as well). You will see that most of what is happening as RJD is not part of the DOM. I am not eligible for family visits but what drives me crazy about this prison is that they don't follow the rules and they make their own do what they want!

Most of these rules allow for the individual prisons to "tweak" the DOM as long as it is not inconsistent with the overall rules. What you are all experiencing is wrong. I encourage you all to write the Lt and then if nothing happens, the warden and then Sacramento. If you don't, nothing will ever change! Please be sure to state why what they are doing is not incompliance with departmental policy. If you read the attached, you will see department policy is what you were used to. They are now making it up as they go.

If there are local rules/memos regarding family visits- then you can ask for a copy. All you need to do is email Lt Logan. Ask for the memo, or local rules regarding family visits. These are a matter of public record. Good luck Ladies!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDCR DOM Updated 2013 - Contact and Family Visits.pdf (271.7 KB, 39 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
gothika (03-26-2013), JVSQUEEN (03-26-2013), LovedbyhisMidget (03-26-2013), Triggers Wife (03-25-2013)
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM

Default Changes to Regulations re Family Visits or other things

Also- forgot to mention.

If Sacramento is proposing changes be made to the DOM or Title 13, they have to give public notice and the availability for comments. Any time there are pending changes being proposed- you will find them here:

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/PublicNotices/index.html

They can't just make changes on a whim.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
gothika (03-26-2013), JVSQUEEN (03-26-2013), LovedbyhisMidget (03-26-2013), mlcnkc (03-26-2013), Triggers Wife (03-25-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 AM
GOTHIKA

now that what i call a sister trying to help out, thank you chica for both threads !

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
Also- forgot to mention.

If Sacramento is proposing changes be made to the DOM or Title 13, they have to give public notice and the availability for comments. Any time there are pending changes being proposed- you will find them here:

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/PublicNotices/index.html

They can't just make changes on a whim.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
LovedbyhisMidget (03-26-2013), Triggers Wife (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 AM
GOTHIKA

THE DOM PAGE 438

Medically Prescribed Diets

Visitors shall be allowed to bring medically prescribed food items to a family
visit under the following conditions
The visitor shall provide a physician's statement to the family visiting
coordinator, which includes a description of the diet, and describes why
the diet must be continued during the visit.
All food items must be vendor-sealed with recognizable labels.
If an inmate is being supplied a nourishment bag and/or food supplements
ordered by a physician or dentist, the inmate shall be provided with th
prescribed dietary additions during the visit

: )
Triggers Wife (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 12:41 PM

Everything that has beem mentioned in this thread, I have addressed in a letter to Lieutenant Armenta, with references to the DOM. I am mailing it today and hope to receive an answer soon. I have also created a Yahoo Group for RJD Family Visiting beint that most of us have our e-mails hooked up to our phones and can be notified immediately of any news, complaints or changes. I don't check PTO every day, so I thought the group might be useful. Feel free to request membership to be kept up-to-date at:

rjdfamilyvisiting-subscribe@***********.com

I will post a copy of the letter sent here as well as the yahoo group created. I really hope there is some resolution - SOON!

*It won't let me put the entire address, but you can PM me and I will let you know what the address is.

Last edited by ltf22; 03-26-2013 at 12:45 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ltf22 For This Useful Post:
gothika (03-26-2013), JVSQUEEN (03-26-2013), mlcnkc (03-26-2013), Triggers Wife (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
THE DOM PAGE 438

I knew you would see this!
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
gothika (03-27-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
now that what i call a sister trying to help out, thank you chica for both threads !
You are most welcome. We have got to stick together chicas.! We all need to help each other any time we can- so "they" don't win. We have to pick our batttles, some are not worth fighting- but some are and we have to speak up when what they are doing is outright wrong so that they know we won't stand for this. If they know we will fight for one thing, they know we will fight for others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
gothika (03-27-2013), Triggers Wife (03-26-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 08:04 AM
GOTHIKA

thank you so very much, i was like hmmm? thats the way its been

Quote:
THE DOM PAGE 438

Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM
GOTHIKA

amen and thats all i got to say = ) we are sistas in the same journey and no one will understand you like another female that has a love one inside the wall. we need to support and help each other and this is an example of how you do it, thank you so very much !

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
You are most welcome. We have got to stick together chicas.! We all need to help each other any time we can- so "they" don't win. We have to pick our batttles, some are not worth fighting- but some are and we have to speak up when what they are doing is outright wrong so that they know we won't stand for this. If they know we will fight for one thing, they know we will fight for others.
LovedbyhisMidget (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valswife View Post
Hi, I am new to this! Me and my husband were married 3-23-2013 and we would like to now apply for family visits for us and our daughter. I know the first step is to have him go with his counselor but what happens after that? And how long is the wait to hear whether you have been approved or not? Thank you so much!! Any answer is appreciated!
If your husband is Medium A, then he will submit the paperwork to his counselor. If the CC1 approves the form, then it will be passed onto the captain (I don't believe the CC2 has to sign off but it may have to go to the CC2 before the captain). Once the captain approves, it will go back to the CC1 for he or she to type up a Form 128 which will be sent to the Family Visiting Coordinator. From there, the FVC will notify your husband and send him an application for a family visiting date. Once he receives that form from the FVC, he should notify you so you can order your food. Walkhenhorst's you can order online for FV packages, but Access you will need to call in. You can call access and ask them to e-mail you a copy of the 2013 FV Menu or your husband can get one from the FVC. It's probably faster to go through Access though.

Please know that it can be a very long process and this privelage is not a priority over annuals, and other necessary duties that the CC1 has to deal with. Be patient. It could take up to 2-3 months.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

So my husband found out why they sent the package back. He needs 2 signatures....Now the only problem is that they currently don't have a counselor in their building.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~