Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINGBREED View Post
HI , i was there this saturday and it was a mess, can u tell me , are we allowed to wear sandals and i mean like cute sandals ? to my understanding we are NOT allowed to weare shower sandals or flip flops . i had some cute sandals and CO Fairhaven made me go back and change my shoes , he was on one he made so many girls change and made them turn around b4 he even dicided that it was ok to let them in , he kept checking our buts to see if our pants were to tight , , some girls were ok to were white pants and some were not .
What kind of sandals did you wear? Did they have a back? It is my understanding that no matter what, if the soles are anything that appear to be foam that they won't allow them- sandals or not. Also- if they are sandals that have thin straps at the toes and don't have a back- they seem to cause a problem. What was the reason he gave you. You can always ask to speak to the Lt if you want it clarified.

I saw him checking out pants- it was borderline unacceptable to me what he was doing if you ask me- we will need to keep an eye on it.

Last edited by comehomesoon; 02-26-2013 at 08:01 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
LOVINGBREED (02-27-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
HI , i was there this saturday and it was a mess, can u tell me , are we allowed to wear sandals and i mean like cute sandals ? to my understanding we are NOT allowed to weare shower sandals or flip flops . i had some cute sandals and CO Fairhaven made me go back and change my shoes , he was on one he made so many girls change and made them turn around b4 he even dicided that it was ok to let them in , he kept checking our buts to see if our pants were to tight , , some girls were ok to were white pants and some were not .
Oh and the problem with white is that "most" white clothing items are see through to some degree and of course that is not allowed. I stay away from white...
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
LOVINGBREED (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
What kind of sandals did you wear? Did they have a back? It is my understanding that no matter what, if the soles are anything that appear to be foam that they won't allow them- sandals or not. Also- if they are sandals that have thin straps at the toes and don't have a back- they seem to cause a problem. What was the reason he gave you. You can always ask to speak to the Lt if you want it clarified.

I saw him checking out pants- it was borderline unacceptable to me what he was doing if you ask me- we will need to keep an eye on it.

tHANKS , they did not have a strap on the back they were thick sandals , thanks now i know not to take sandals with out a strap , he told me when he saw sandals you arent going in with them you need to go to wallmart and buy some new ones , the one girl with white jeans did not go in BUT the girl b4 her had white capri pants the thin material with a long shirt and she got in . but like u said is better to stay off the white thanks what really got me mad is that he kept asking the female Cos that were checking in ppl for there opinion on the pants. its like if u cant tell whether is acceptable or not then he shouldnt be there in the first place.

Last edited by LOVINGBREED; 02-27-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Hi ladies I just have a question can they terminate your visit if you've only been there an hour?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs View Post
Hi ladies I just have a question can they terminate your visit if you've only been there an hour?
Although I thought we were guaranteed at least one hour, all Title 15 says is first in, first out due to overcrowding:

(a) The official in charge of visiting may deny an approved
visitor access to an institution/facility, terminate, or restrict a visit
in progress for the following reasons:

(9) The maximum capacity of the visiting area has been reached
and to allow others to visit it is necessary to terminate the visits of
those persons who have been visiting for the longest period of
time.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon

Although I thought we were guaranteed at least one hour, all Title 15 says is first in, first out due to overcrowding:

(a) The official in charge of visiting may deny an approved
visitor access to an institution/facility, terminate, or restrict a visit
in progress for the following reasons:

(9) The maximum capacity of the visiting area has been reached
and to allow others to visit it is necessary to terminate the visits of
those persons who have been visiting for the longest period of
time.
What I got mad at was the fact that there was several others already there before he even came out and I was terminated and we had just started eating. I do understand that there is others waiting as well But they do have to be fair about it
Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM

i been goin to donovan for 8 yrs now and i have always taken sandals without a strap they are concern with the bottom of the sandal being not form not even platform form.

Quote:
tHANKS , they did not have a strap on the back they were thick sandals , thanks now i know not to take sandals with out a strap , he told me when he saw sandals you arent going in with them you need to go to wallmart and buy some new ones , the one girl with white jeans did not go in BUT the girl b4 her had white capri pants the thin material with a long shirt and she got in . but like u said is better to stay off the white thanks what really got me mad is that he kept asking the female Cos that were checking in ppl for there opinion on the pants. its like if u cant tell whether is acceptable or not then he shouldnt be there in the first place.
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
LOVINGBREED (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 AM

there been times when i have been terminated after say 2 and half hours cus of overcrowding but no one is waiting for a table and the processing room was empty in this case go to visiting lt. and complaint because there is no reason for termination.

Quote:
What I got mad at was the fact that there was several others already there before he even came out and I was terminated and we had just started eating. I do understand that there is others waiting as well But they do have to be fair about it
LOVINGBREED (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika
there been times when i have been terminated after say 2 and half hours cus of overcrowding but no one is waiting for a table and the processing room was empty in this case go to visiting lt. and complaint because there is no reason for termination.
I guess because it was my first time being terminated in such a short time of being there, that day the processing took longer than 2 hrs and the visit 1 hr, plus i drive over 2 hrs, we were both mad specially because I only get to see him once a month or sometimes twice. It's crazy how it is sometimes but happy to see even if it's for an hour
Old 03-01-2013, 08:07 AM

i feel your pain chica i drive two hours myself but i am lucky enough to go every weekend so i just tell him I'll be back but next time chica do not just go pay attention to see if others are waiting or the processing room is empty and question the visiting sgt. or lt. why? they will then start paying alittle more attention to co that is in room to see if its running straight.

Quote:
I guess because it was my first time being terminated in such a short time of being there, that day the processing took longer than 2 hrs and the visit 1 hr, plus i drive over 2 hrs, we were both mad specially because I only get to see him once a month or sometimes twice. It's crazy how it is sometimes but happy to see even if it's for an hour
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika
i feel your pain chica i drive two hours myself but i am lucky enough to go every weekend so i just tell him I'll be back but next time chica do not just go pay attention to see if others are waiting or the processing room is empty and question the visiting sgt. or lt. why? they will then start paying alittle more attention to co that is in room to see if its running straight.
Thanks for your advice, I will do that next time. I've only been visiting a couple of months so I'm kind of new on all of this.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
I also am lucky enough to go every weekend but I agree with Goth. Don't just go, pay attention. I also pay attention to who the regulars are and what "regular" guys come into the visiting room before my husband. The first in, first out rule applies to when the guys get checked in, not to when we get checked in. So just for example, if you got into the room before me, but my hubby got checked in after yours, you would be terminated first and vice versa. This accounts for delays in getting our men into the room. If you checked into the visitng room first before me, but my man got in 30 minutes before yours, it would be unfair to terminate you before me. See what I mean?

So I pay attention so if they would try to terminate us before someone who was checked in before us, who routinely gets visits, I would know and could bring up. I don't stalk everyone and who comes in when- but as Goth said, I just try to pay attention to what is going on.

The reasons I say regulars is that those that travel over 250 miles and have not visited for 30 days are not subject to termination, same with first time visitors- so that may be why you got terminated before others. Don't know for sure.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:

Oh, I know exactly what day you are talking about. We got terminated too.

I must say though that on our yard, it was crazy busy that day. The busiest I've ever seen. There were almost twenty terminations.

Coupled with the fact it took foreeevvvvveeeerrr to get proceessed in. I joked with my hubby that it took longer to drive there and get processed than we got to visit.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon

Oh, I know exactly what day you are talking about. We got terminated too.

I must say though that on our yard, it was crazy busy that day. The busiest I've ever seen. There were almost twenty terminations.

Coupled with the fact it took foreeevvvvveeeerrr to get proceessed in. I joked with my hubby that it took longer to drive there and get processed than we got to visit.
Yes that day took longer to process and it was super busy, that day still at 1pm ladies were still coming in, I will try to pay attention next time I'm not a regular though
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 AM

every one visiting this weekend have a safe drive its pose to be rainning yummy but i hate they close patio it can too loud for me in the room, hopefully less peeps at donovan cus of the rain. = )
LOVINGBREED (03-08-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 AM

visit this past saturday was ok, drive to donovan from lax smooth drive back also. processing was fast, hardly anyone in the room. patio was closed for us and i hate that cus we stay outside all day, it just gets too loud in the room for me, especially with doors closed. special was a steak torta, the meat was nasty = ( 14 dollars for some nasty meat yucks. this visiting sgt is strict with facial piercings so nose rings and tongue rings watch out = )
Old 03-12-2013, 05:27 PM

Hi I'm new to this going for my first visit Friday and I was wondering I have a dermal piercing by my eye and I can remove it it needs to b surgically removed I don't wanna drive all that way just to get turned down? And I was wondering any advice on wat to wear??
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Warmly.Kindly.Sincerely .

I was there last weekend and they did turn a woman away for having a dermal.
The Following User Says Thank You to todayz_darling For This Useful Post:
Games1 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 06:25 PM

Really
I called and the said most piercing go thru , and it's not like I can take it off then n there
Old 03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Warmly.Kindly.Sincerely .

It's only what I observed last weekend with one person. Other times it's been ok though. It can be a Crapshoot!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:52 PM

well hopefully I don't go for nothing.. Thanks tho, I really appreciate the feedback
Old 03-13-2013, 06:59 AM

i was ask by the visiting sgt last weekend when i asked him a question in the visiting room that how did my tongue piercing and nose pierce go thur? so i have a feelin that this weekend they will be on the lookout for those kinds of things = (
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM

They are becoming very tight on these. I wouldn't risk it as they are making visitors take their piercings out except for the ears.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:40 PM

So if we go visit we don't need an appointment or anything just show up and that's all??
Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM

Any advice on what to wear ? Can I wear black skinny jeans?