Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WYOMING Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WYOMING Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Wyoming - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:01 AM

Default Hubby being transferred soon from county to Torrington WY

I am new to all of this and am very scared and feel alone. I miss my hubby so very much. We think, not for sure, that he is going to be sent to Torrington for his "intake/reception" process. Does anyone else have a loved one at the facility? He is serving 7 years and has a year of time served so 6. Seems like a long time
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM

Torrington may or maynot be the end of his journey. "Intake" is where your Hubby goes in to a cell with another person for 22.5 hours and then they get out for 1.5 hours to shower, make phone calls, switch out books, etc. The times that he will be able to call you will rotate and he'll be in about 10 days before he can even start calling. Depending on which case worker that he gets, he could be in "Intake" from 4-8 weeks. They get tested and evaluated and the rational behind them having to be locked up for so long is because Torrington doesn't know anyone coming in and it's a safty thing for your Hubby as well as the next guy. I don't know, that's just what they told me. Don't hesitate to call your Hubby's caseworker if you have questions. He can also give you a correct address. It has to be exactly what they want or they will send it back, The good news is that this is the hardest part of your journey. After this, he'll be able to call you more. Make sure you write him They don't have tv. They have very few books and a whole lot of time on their hands.
The Following User Says Thank You to ttbc For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-30-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 04:33 AM

Torrington is actually a good prison as far as prisons go the staff is fair most of the time and they offer alot of programs you can order books and cd's from amazon but let him know they are coming so he can put in a request for a package Tv can be bought there but they are expensive..and the visitation room is real relaxed and kid friendly if any questions can message me my hubby been in t-town since oct 2011
Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 AM

Default in take point value?

My hubby may go there soon from county.. does anyone know the point system for the intake test? We are trying to figure out where he may be transferred to. Crossing fingers its not max.