Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Correctional Training Facility located in Soledad, California.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrappy818 View Post
and I'm driving from the high desert on the 101N
Call and find out. If he's on a yard they have april 6th/7th and 20th/21st. You also make appontments 3 wks in advance. Not sure what vpass allows you to do, I've never used it. The 101 is longer but a much nicer drive.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrte78 View Post
Call and find out. If he's on a yard they have april 6th/7th and 20th/21st. You also make appontments 3 wks in advance. Not sure what vpass allows you to do, I've never used it. The 101 is longer but a much nicer drive.
I checked VPASS and there are now no available appointments for the 6th/7th and they aren't taking any for the 20/21st. SMH that's just my freaking luck. I'll call tomorrow just to be sure he's actually on A Yard. Ugh...that's so freaking depressing and frustrating! Last time I was set to visit him at Wasco he got moved to CTF that weekend. Then he sat until he saw council, then I made the first available appointment I could...not knowing that the system didn't take into account which yard he is on I feel like a dang fool! I haven't seen him in almost 5 months now.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Mom of Inmate
Donation Award 

My guy just got there. I am already approved and want to know the procedure to get an appt? Do they accept also walk in with out and appt.?
thanks for all the input.

My heart bleeds while he's away!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:26 PM
priority in tx

i'm in the process of completing cdc form 106 visiting questionnaire. lo @ ctf. i found address p.o. box 686, soledad, ca., 93960-0686 online. is this the correct address to mail this form; also, should it be addressed to the visiting sergeant or visiting lieutenant? finally, should it be sent certified mail; registered mail; priority mail; regular mail?

thanks so much if you can help.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priority in tx View Post
i'm in the process of completing cdc form 106 visiting questionnaire. lo @ ctf. i found address p.o. box 686, soledad, ca., 93960-0686 online. is this the correct address to mail this form; also, should it be addressed to the visiting sergeant or visiting lieutenant? finally, should it be sent certified mail; registered mail; priority mail; regular mail?

thanks so much if you can help.
You can send it to the sgt. I sent my form with a letter to my man and they took out the visiting form. When they do that they stamp the envelope which let's your LO know they rec'd it.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:53 AM
priority in tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrte78 View Post
You can send it to the sgt. I sent my form with a letter to my man and they took out the visiting form. When they do that they stamp the envelope which let's your LO know they rec'd it.
thanks for the information.
The Following User Says Thank You to priority in tx For This Useful Post:
shrte78 (05-14-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM

Default Visiting at CTF

Hi everyone-

My hubby is being transferred I think to here. ( he was given no notice today and packed and moved)- I think that he is moving to here.

How does visiting on the North Facility work? I see that they alternate. Do they alternate days or weekends? Why is it that they have to alternate? Why can't they get visits both days both weekends like everyone else? Seems unfair.

Thank you for any help you can give
Old 05-23-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrappy818 View Post
I checked VPASS and there are now no available appointments for the 6th/7th and they aren't taking any for the 20/21st. SMH that's just my freaking luck. I'll call tomorrow just to be sure he's actually on A Yard. Ugh...that's so freaking depressing and frustrating! Last time I was set to visit him at Wasco he got moved to CTF that weekend. Then he sat until he saw council, then I made the first available appointment I could...not knowing that the system didn't take into account which yard he is on I feel like a dang fool! I haven't seen him in almost 5 months now.
How long did he have to wait after he got there before he saw his counselor?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
Hi everyone-

My hubby is being transferred I think to here. ( he was given no notice today and packed and moved)- I think that he is moving to here.

How does visiting on the North Facility work? I see that they alternate. Do they alternate days or weekends? Why is it that they have to alternate? Why can't they get visits both days both weekends like everyone else? Seems unfair.

Thank you for any help you can give
They alternate weeks because CTF is still one of the most overcrowded prisons in California. Also the visiting room has no patio, so maybe the room capacity is lower, I'm not sure.

The other thing they do here is you have to share tables with other inmates and visitors. That totally tripped me out at first, but now I'm used to it. That said, once the staff here know you, they are pretty mellow most of the time.

One nice thing is that a local cafe brings in food you can buy and it's pricy but pretty good. Shrimp cocktail beats vending machine burgers! The guys love it.

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Last edited by qwerty; 06-06-2013 at 10:01 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (06-09-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
They alternate weeks because CTF is still one of the most overcrowded prisons in California. Also the visiting room has no patio, so maybe the room capacity is lower, I'm not sure.

The other thing they do here is you have to share tables with other inmates and visitors. That totally tripped me out at first, but now I'm used to it. That said, once the staff here know you, they are pretty mellow most of the time.

One nice thing is that a local cafe brings in food you can buy and it's pricy but pretty good. Shrimp cocktail beats vending machine burgers! The guys love it.
Thanks. Maybe at some point they will send some guys out and we can have every weekend. I hate to not see my hubby every weekend. Right now, I can't because I live to far, but eventually I will move and would like to be able to go every week.

We shared tables where we came from- I don't mind, it reduces terminations.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

I agree about the terminations, I'd much rather share too! Only once we had to ask to be moved because the guy next to us was yelling at his girlfriend the whole time.

Also, one more thing that's cool at CTF is you can special order food from the vendor. I've seen people get cakes and other goodies. I have to have a special diet because of a medical condition, and the guy is great about making me special meals at no extra cost. It's a lifesaver, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat much at all!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 AM

Default Visiting with baby

This weekend I will be taking my 4-week-old son to see his daddy for the first time. I'm so excited about them finally being together but am not sure what I can bring (diapers, wipes, bottles, formula, blanket, change of clothes, etc.) Does anyone know the specific guidelines on what to bring / what not to bring? I'd like to have his "visiting bag" ready before Saturday.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,453 Times in 15,687 Posts

You can check this sticky, it should have the info you need
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538726

also this link
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...02&postcount=5

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
chanel0511 (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Mom of Inmate
Donation Award 

Does anyone know when North B yard has there next visiting weekend?
thanks

My heart bleeds while he's away!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:56 AM
His dimples

Am I just missing the info I'm searching for or maybe it just doesn't say, in the handbook. Anyway my question is about footwear can we wear any kind of footwear weather appropriate? Thank you in advance for any answers.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caresgirl View Post
Does anyone know when North B yard has there next visiting weekend?
thanks
Hi. North B has visiting next weekend, July 6th and 7th. You can also visit on the 4th if you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
Caresgirl (07-18-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella69 View Post
Am I just missing the info I'm searching for or maybe it just doesn't say, in the handbook. Anyway my question is about footwear can we wear any kind of footwear weather appropriate? Thank you in advance for any answers.
Most places don't allow foam sandals or anything that resembles shower shoes. Personally, I stay away from anything that resembles flip flops. I wear open toe sandals every time I visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
Isabella69 (06-29-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
At North facility, they keep changing their minds about plastic flipflops! Some days they are allowed and other days they trip on them -- however, they usually let the visitor in and just tell her not to wear them next time.

The guards have told me sandals should have a back strap on them.

In any case, the less they look like "shower shoes" the better.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty For This Useful Post:
Isabella69 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM

Does anyone know what I can bring in to visit? I have a baby (she's two months) and a two year old.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:52 AM
His dimples

Default Refused visit!!

I'm so upset right now, CTF have refused my visitor request I don't know why yet my LO called me last night to say he had been notified that I have been refused. I am hoping that I made a stupid mistake but that's doubtful as I took my time filling out the form. So my LO is posting me another one today And im going to apply again. Has anyone else been refused the 1st time they applied?? Thank for any advice.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Account Closed

Pumpkin Hunt Winner 2014 

Thanked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts

I would find out the reason first before you just apply again. It could be anything and anyone's guess. I wouldn't think that they wouldn't just refuse a visit just to refuse but who knows.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:11 PM
His dimples

I am waiting for their letter which was posted on 10th it should be here before the new visitor form. Hopefully it is something minor and that can be corrected.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I'm so upset right now, CTF have refused my visitor request I don't know why yet my LO called me last night to say he had been notified that I have been refused. I am hoping that I made a stupid mistake but that's doubtful as I took my time filling out the form. So my LO is posting me another one today And im going to apply again. Has anyone else been refused the 1st time they applied?? Thank for any advice.

My son's was denied the first time because we forgot to put a phone number on the form. Stupid reason I know, but they do what they want. We just filled out a new form and he was approved. Oh, we never knew why, It was my dad who told us. I guess when they gave him the denial letter it had the info on it. You would think that the prison would have explained to us the reason for the denial rather than the inmate.....oh well. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to horse92 For This Useful Post:
Isabella69 (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 AM
His dimples

They didn't tell my LO why but his letter informed him that the reason is in my letter. Post from U.S.A. Usually takes 1 week so it should be here by Wednesday. I'm hopeful it is something daft as a phone number, fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:10 PM

Default North Visiting Schedule

I just read that the North A is on a rotational basis. What weekends are visits allowed. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SonsMother; 07-17-2013 at 02:12 PM..