Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:55 PM

Default He was just sent to Shelton. Why hasn't he called?

My luv was sent to shelton friday and i called to make sure he was there. But he hasnt called me. He said he loved me and once he isabke to call he will. But why wouldnt hebe able to call?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2016, 03:28 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,839 Times in 11,078 Posts

Because he may have been a courtesy call, but now needs to wait until they set up an account for him.
GingerM (07-19-2017)
Old 12-18-2016, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,460 Times in 3,301 Posts

Yes, the intake process is not always a fast one. He will have very little time available to him. Getting the phone set up for him is part of the intake process. It may take several days before he has the ability to call you. Typically, intake involves 23 hours in cell, and 1 hour out of cell during which he has to eat, shower, do clothing exchange etc.

His time is no longer his own, and he has no choice about when/if he can call you. I suggest writing him as often as you can while he's in intake - both for his sake and for yours. It's a terrifying and extremely boring process, going through intake. Especially if he's never done it before.

He will call when he can, but he will only have maybe 5 minutes tops to speak with you. After he moves to his "home institution", he'll be able to talk longer.

Please don't read too much into his lack of calling. My dad was only able to call twice during the 6 weeks he was in intake, both calls were under 2 minutes.

Hang in there, you are so very close to being past the worst of it all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
nimuay (12-18-2016), ronsgirl17 (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 02:11 PM

I'm glad I found your answer. My guy has been there for one week today and I haven't heard anything at all.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myluvshade View Post
My luv was sent to shelton friday and i called to make sure he was there. But he hasnt called me. He said he loved me and once he isabke to call he will. But why wouldnt hebe able to call?
If you don't mind me asking, what happened? I have had my guy's account for phone calls on a PIN for a week and have not heard anything. Not even a letter. I'm starting to worry. I have written him 3 times to let him know he has money on the connectnetwork for phones and Jpay for everything else...