Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:46 AM

Default Parole Violation Centers

Since almost all of the PVC centers were shut down mine was sent all the way to Progress CCC (we are near Philly) so I have no idea how Progress works. I know they don't use securus for phone calls. Does anyone have any idea who they use? And does mail go to FL or directly to Progress?

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2019, 02:13 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,847 Times in 13,142 Posts

Here's the Progress CCC resident's handbook, which is something not usually available on the internet.
https://www.cor.pa.gov/community-ree...20Handbook.pdf
Old 09-11-2019, 02:16 PM

Yea I saw that... but it doesn't have the answers I needed.

I did find out the information I needed tho' thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to blossom71 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-11-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom71 View Post
Since almost all of the PVC centers were shut down mine was sent all the way to Progress CCC (we are near Philly) so I have no idea how Progress works. I know they don't use securus for phone calls. Does anyone have any idea who they use? And does mail go to FL or directly to Progress?

Thanks for any info.
Not sure, but I know the one in Lackawanna County Prison is still open...at least as of Feb. 2019 it was still a PVC (part of the jail is designated for this state program)...was this person not sent there because it's too far? Just curious.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlow8385 View Post
Not sure, but I know the one in Lackawanna County Prison is still open...at least as of Feb. 2019 it was still a PVC (part of the jail is designated for this state program)...was this person not sent there because it's too far? Just curious.
No that would have been better then where they sent him. This took place just Aug/Sept. where the DOC cancelled contracts with the county prisons. So, he was shipped from Philly area to Progress at Greene. Not sure where else is a PVC at the moment.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:59 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,286 Posts

The PVCs (under Act 121) still exist. As of September 30th, there were 1,862 TPVs in centers. (This includes the Halfway Back diversion.)

Progress is one of the few totally secure centers. They have two housing areas for TPVs.

It is on the grounds of SCI Greene. As such, it is even more "secure" than other, locked facilities. All staff are DOC (no outside contractors). Meals come from the adjacent prison. Medical care is handled by the prison.

I toured Progress a couple of years ago. It was once a prison housing unit and it still feels like one. I spoke with dozens of TPVs who were there -- some from eastern PA -- and many had been in other centers for prior violations. My sense was that the DOC sent some of them out there because of special concerns.

The good news is that Act 121 is a brief recommit with a finite end date.