Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 06-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess-n-stl
I heard that they are treating the prisoners up there horrible! Keeping them in the hole for excessive times and all kinds of crazy stuff. It must be something that we can do? Talking to the Superintendent Dormier is like talking to Bush- a bunch of sh**t
You can try Jeff City.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Donation Award 

I have info on why SCCC was locked down a few weeks ago.

This is what I heard and I do trust the source 100% as he was there when it was happening. I'm sure others know what happened but don't want to post it for fear of retaliation, so I am going to post it for you all. I have nothing to hide or fear from doing so.

The extended lock down a few weeks ago at Licking was because the inmates were doing a 3 day food strike. There was a lot of participation, and that it was broad participation and they were doing it to protest some of the conditions, the unsafe cellmate matches, the food, the incessant write ups.

They locked the place down after an inmate flyer went out all over calling for segregated housing units in order to reduce violence, and a stop to the unfair disciplines, etc. They said the flyer was threatening and 28 people got put in the hole around it.

So, there is the story as I know it.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Default i heard something different about the lock down

From my understanding a inmate was killed ,two inmates ran in his cell and stabbed him alot of times and it's still under investergation and the weapons still have not been found.I live in Kansas city KS and i was wondering if any one over on my side of town would be going that way to see a love one?if so and you do not mind a rider i would like a rider i am willing to pay half on the trip, thank you and contact me if it's okay.,hey wait i looked at the dates your message was posted i just got this information 3 days ago.

Last edited by Mrs.Reed; 12-05-2007 at 06:15 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

I got a letter today from my hubby and he said that he knows that they are locked down as a result of someone dying. He said that they have NOT found the weapons and that is why they are still on lockdown. He says they are fearing retaliation from the gangs and that is why they will no release them. They have been on brown bags since it happened and absolutely NO coming out of the cell. I feel SOOO bad for him that I cried for an hour after I got the letter. I can hear the sadness in his letter and the tiredness in his voice as he writes. He says that it is so tough...and in the mist of it all..they moved a bunch of cell mates around and now he has a new cellie whom he is NOT crazy about....hooo hummm.....another day of paradise.....God sometimes I just need additional strength. Just when I cant take anymore....I get a call today that his mother has passed away and I cannot even talk to him to let him know. YES I could call the worker and go through all those changes but I dont want him to get bad news while he is locked down and cannot even talk to me or see me to ease his pain....WOW..........I am at my WITS END.........God GIVE ME STRENGTH
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM

i am so sorry to hear your bad news. reach deep down and find your strength. draw on his, he is enduring this awful treatment and needs you to be strong. you can do this for him. pull it together, i know you can!

and he's not leaving!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

Thank you nurse...I am trying...it is so hard...this just feels as if it has been sooo long when I know he needs to know about his mom and I feel as if I am keeping this from him but i dont want to tell him while he is in his casemanagers office on a 2 min phone conversation and then cant talk to him and comfort him and all....God what an awful situation...of all times for this to happen...Please pray for me...I am needing strength
Old 12-05-2007, 06:40 PM

the only other thing you might want to consider, and i am not certain on this.... but if you can tell his caseworker, he might be able to attend the funeral in private for a few minutes. i think i read somewhere that they will bring them back all cuffed up and allow them a private time with the deceased and then take them back. they are not allowed to see or visit anyone else. just something you may want to consider.

and he's not leaving!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Nurse I think they used to do that. When my father died and my brother was in prison. I had to call the chaplin to inform him. He had to know the funernal home's name and number so he could call and confirm before he told my brother. Then my brother got to call home but that is it. This was back in 2002. So I dont know how they would handle it know. I will look on the DOC website and see what I can find.

Fungal, I am sorry to hear about your loved ones mom. My heart goes out to you.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

I did check into it and they said that they could do that but here is the thing. It will cost me 2000.00 for that to happen. He has to be transported from Licking to St. Louis and 2 guards would have to go along and the transportation etc....and then I couldnt even see him there or he couldnt see the family or anything.....like you said...it would be in private for a few minutes...and the funeral is this Friday so...there is NO way that is going to happen...2000.00 can you believe that...to take a man to see his own mother...WOW
Old 12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

Thank you Mrs Phillips for your kindness and understanding.....Please pray for me...I am feeling really terrible and out of sorts right now..WHEW
Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 PM

I scanned the whole information for family and friends they have posted and there is nothing about notice of deaths in the family or attending funerals. Sorry
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM

I will keep you and your loved one in my prayers. I know what it is like to be in your situation. I cant even imagine what he is going to be going through when he finds out. Just hang in there you both will get through this.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

Thank you so much.......
Old 12-05-2007, 08:42 PM

fungal, they said YOU have to pay for it. That is B/S. When I was incarcerated the state paid for services like that. If an immediate family member was on their death bed or had passed away. The inmate's custody level had to be a 3 or lower, I believe. That is so messed up that they said you had to pay for it. Is this coming from the caseworker? If so you need to go above their head to the FUM, then to the Assistant Superintendent, then to the Superintendent. There should be no reason in this world why your husband can not attend his mothers funeral.

My heart goes out to you and your family right now. This is a BAD time for them to have this craziness going on. Your husband is going to need you and you need him. I just pray they hurry up and end the lockdown so you can be with him soon.....

Old 12-05-2007, 08:45 PM

Fungal,yes i understand your pain my husband is also on lock down and when i received his letter i to was sad,upset and all the above and the bad part is i just got approved to be able to go up to see him this is drving me crazy!GOD will give you all the strength you need to be able to make it through this and when i say make it through this i mean at the end of the dark tunnel you will see the light.i think you should tell him it is his mother just make sure you send him some comforting words and let him know you are there and together you two will make it as long as there is a GOD and you TRUST and LEAN on his ever lasting arm and undying love he will never leave or forsake you GOD BLESS and stay strong.why i think you should him there is no telling how long or if they will tell him with all that is going on up there at this time the staff seems wicked up there in that place

Last edited by Mrs.Reed; 12-05-2007 at 08:58 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 09:18 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

They are wicked and get off on being so....when I called to let them know and to try and be able to talk to my husband-they almost acted as if it was funny. I mean maybe not funny but like oh well, thats just too bad.....And I did talk to the FUM and the assistant superintendent money and they were like NO off campus arrangments with the situation being on lockdown and if they could-then YES I would have to pay for it. The state does not pay for such things they said....NO mention of level 3 or lower but that he couldnt go in the lockdown situation being as it is and if he could then I would have to pay.

I HATE being in this situation...its hard enough to be in this situation PERIOD but then to find out my mother in law has passed away and not being able to let alone tell my hubby about it NOT to mention comfort him and talk to him about it...my gosh...I have been a wreck....I NEED this lockdown to end tonight so I can go see him tommorow and talk to him and comfort him face to face...PLEASE everyone PRAY that it will end tonight and Thanks to everyone for their understanding and kindness

Last edited by fungal70; 12-05-2007 at 09:24 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

ONE last thought on that...or one last cry....Her funeral is Friday and I just thought...my gosh...we may have her buried before he even knows she is gone....OHHHH MYYYYY *BIG BIG SIGH*
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Fungal, I'm so sorry for what all you're going through!! I can't imagine being in your situation! I'll be praying for you and your husband during this stressful time!!! You are proving how strong you are not only to yourself but to everyone around you.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Fungal,i will pray for you and all the family i am praying that this lock down ends soon also but more so for you and your famliy i understand and feel so bad for you all trust in GOD he will make a way it does not seem fair that he should have to pay to attend his own mother's funeral have you tried calling jeff city and going over some heads?it's always more then one way to skin a cat i live in KCK and i'm not sure how it works but over here they allow them to attend their parents funeral just pray to GOD and ask him to lead you and open the doors for you and i will also be praying that the doors are open for you and your husband he should be allowed to see his mother for the very last time GOD BLESS you and yours may he have mercy and show favor in your lives
Old 12-06-2007, 03:20 AM
The 1 luv like NO other

Default Thank You

All very much for your kindness and sincerity.....I know God will guide us through this and the outcome will be whatever his will is in the end.

Much Love
Carla
Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Donation Award 

As for offenders attending funerals, they will usually be better about it when they are a lower custody level. I dont' know about you paying for it, but that could just be an excuse to make you stop asking. Normally, they don't allow it for anyone over level 4.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Donation Award 

Praying for your situation fungal. Please let us know how things go. Remember, you all have endured so far... there will be someting postive come out of this, it just cant be seen yet. PLease give your husband all of our condolences.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:40 AM
The 1 luv like NO other

Default Thanks

Sag...I appreciate your kindness and I will let my husband know...and I feel everyones love and prayers......and Christy..I have a feeling you are right.....I think they are just hoping that by saying 2000.00 that I will freak out and move on...what a way to treat someone who lost the person who gave them life....wow...what a world...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Missouri parent

God Bless You,
Please give me your hubbys name, I need to say a prayer for him.
My son is there too he arrived on the first day of lockdown, he is closer to home but we can't go see him to see how he is doing yet.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:41 PM
The 1 luv like NO other

My hubbys name is Alexander and thanks for your prayers...I will pray for your son as well....