Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:00 PM

Default Questions about inmate location pending transfer to prison

Hi all. How long does it take for the inmate to get transferred from Lerdo Justice Facility to to a prison reception?My little girls dad is in Lerdo Justice Facility. He's been sentenced to 3 yrs in prison. His inmate location still shows Lerdo Justice Facility but says pending release or transfer. I know he's supposed be going to a CDCR, but he's not in there system yet. I saw that he could still be at Lerdo but in a different holding area there until there ready to transfer him to a reception area?? My daughter wants to talk to him & write him a letter. I went ahead and sent it to the Justice Facility address but I'm not sure if he'll get it or if that's where he is. His last court date was Fri June 7th 2019 & that's the release date it shows also but I'm pretty sure he's just in there waiting to be transferred. Any info is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2019, 07:21 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf<3life View Post
Hi all. How long does it take for the inmate to get transferred from Lerdo Justice Facility to to a prison reception?My little girls dad is in Lerdo Justice Facility. He's been sentenced to 3 yrs in prison. His inmate location still shows Lerdo Justice Facility but says pending release or transfer. I know he's supposed be going to a CDCR, but he's not in there system yet. I saw that he could still be at Lerdo but in a different holding area there until there ready to transfer him to a reception area?? My daughter wants to talk to him & write him a letter. I went ahead and sent it to the Justice Facility address but I'm not sure if he'll get it or if that's where he is. His last court date was Fri June 7th 2019 & that's the release date it shows also but I'm pretty sure he's just in there waiting to be transferred. Any info is appreciated
Hi there. Not sure about where youre at but in Illinois they go into receiving status for on average about 25 days. Sometimes less, more... last time my husband went in it was only 15 this time was 57 days. I sent letters and a small commissary deposit to him upon receiving and even if hes moved it followed him. Receiving sucks, so Id go ahead and write itll get to him.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:43 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,445 Times in 15,685 Posts

I forget how long my hub was in county jail prior to going to reception.
CDCr's website says it can take up to 120 days. Here is a link to the facilities that have reception inmates.
https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Adult_Operat...on_Center.html
Here is a link to the CA forums
http://prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127

As to the letter his daughter wants to send, if he gets moved prior to him receiving the letter it will be returned. (and that will take a while to get back to you)
You can always call the jail and ask if he's still there.
If he's been moved to state prison, they will tell you he's not in custody. (which means he's been transferred to state)
Then it will just take a while to finally know where he lands after that.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 02:01 PM

2-4 weeks, depending on which one of the reception centers in the area, Wasco State Prison and North Kern State Prison in Delano, have room. If he was convicted of a non-violent crime, there's even a chance he may not enter into CDCR custody but rather remain in county for the duration of his term. Check the Kern County Sheriff's Inmate Locator (https://www.kerninmatesearch.org/Ker...te_Search.html) and the CDCR Inmate Locator (https://inmatelocator.cdcr.ca.gov/) to see which one he is at.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,327 Times in 2,359 Posts

Usually it takes 2-4 weeks for a transfer, and he will not show up in the CDCR inmate locator until after he has arrived and been processed in.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by missingdee; 06-19-2019 at 04:23 PM..