Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:40 PM

Default Release in approx. two weeks: At what point are release papers signed?

Hello everyone I have a question Id like to throw out see if someone can help me. My husband is scheduled to release in approximately two weeks does anyone know when he would be signing his parole papers there at the prison? Im not sure if they only do that a few days before or how much before they do that. The reason I am asking is because I want to make sure 100% hes going to be released as this is over a 20 Hour Drive for me to make to go pick him up. Thanks for any information in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2018, 05:45 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,993 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk3 View Post
Hello everyone I have a question Id like to throw out see if someone can help me. My husband is scheduled to release in approximately two weeks does anyone know when he would be signing his parole papers there at the prison? Im not sure if they only do that a few days before or how much before they do that. The reason I am asking is because I want to make sure 100% hes going to be released as this is over a 20 Hour Drive for me to make to go pick him up. Thanks for any information in advance.

With only two weeks to go should have already signed them. Doesn't still mean he will not be released on this date in two weeks. He needs to get a hold of his counselor. Ask what is up with his parole papers?
sidewalker (03-20-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 05:49 PM

Yea he is schedule to see the counselor today or said he was going to go wait as a counselor had open line so I’m waiting to hear back from him tonight but I thought I would reach out to see if anybody else knew when they were supposed to sign the papers. Like I said with me driving almost one full day just to get there I will not drive all the way over there unless I’m 100% sure that he is going to be released that would be a huge waste of time and money.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:57 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,015 Times in 13,741 Posts

Well hopefully he was able to see his counselor and get info needed.
I believe my hub signed his about 6 weeks ahead of time, and then again when he actually went in to see his parole officer.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 03-20-2018, 07:25 AM

Got the call from him last night he signed them amen !!!!! Now things are finally turning around. He will release and we’re still praying the state transfer goes through so he doesn’t have to be in California long he can come home to his family
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hk3 For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (03-20-2018), sidewalker (03-22-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:58 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,993 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk3 View Post
Got the call from him last night he signed them amen !!!!! Now things are finally turning around. He will release and were still praying the state transfer goes through so he doesnt have to be in California long he can come home to his family
Great news . Now if he is interstate Compact. to Washington, be sure all restitution is paid in full (if there is any) Otherwise you are wasting your time trying to transfer out of California. Has he already put in for the transfer? or are you waiting until his release and transfer from the parole office? Check out Interstate Compact information. Here I wish you the best on the transfer endeavor
Old 03-20-2018, 11:15 AM

Yes we paid all 8 thousand dollars in fines lol so yes that has all been done as far as the transfer it’s cureenrlt in process so prayers would be awsome. Thanks so much have a blessed day
The Following User Says Thank You to hk3 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (03-22-2018)