Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, California.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 PM
hanging in there
Donation Award 

Hi, all, and thank you for the warm welcome and for all the useful information you all have posted. My son is heading for Mule Creek from Antelope Valley - he is a SNY/EOP inmate with 3.5 years to serve. I've been visiting CSP once a month, it's a 4 hour drive each way. Can't imagine how I'll get to Ione, but I WILL (live in South San Diego county). Look forward to sharing info and support with all of you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Lisa Marie

Hi everyone,

My man is going to be transferring to Mule Creek from CCI some time at the beginning of November. Can someone please give me some insight to this prison as how visiting goes and anything in general to this location please

People don't understand how hard it is to have a loved one locked up. It takes a STRONG person to do it everyday until they come home. It hurts so bad
Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 PM

Cool lost

i'm new and don't really understand any of this just lost trying to find my way
Old 12-20-2011, 11:12 PM

Cool lost

i'm new and don't really understand any of this just lost trying to find my way
Old 01-16-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Welcome Guests

We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing our Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) forum, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

Sincerely,

CA Staff
Being a new subscriber, I find no links to the many "abbreviations" regarding the prison system chats and/or blogs. Where can I find these definitions-- SNY- PC, etc etc. Thank you in advance. Walt
Old 02-06-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORKERBEE View Post
hi... just wanted to stop by and say... god willing we will be to mule creek soon do you have to get there early to get into the prison like other prisons and if so how early thanks ladies
MCSP does NOT allow you on the premises before 8:00 AM for visitation. I find it much easier to GET there @ 8:30, then sign in-They have 1st in, 1st out for visitors when it fills up. This way, you're not the 1st out when it gets crowded. Normally, visitor processing takes place quickly. If visitation notified the yards of a visitor(s) it could go much better timewise to visit w/your loved one, instead of going to the yard 1st, THEN they notify the inmate of a visit. But, - this being a gov't run institution, they don't do it for our convenience. This would allow up to an hour LONGER visit.
Also, they do NOT pay attention to how far you drive to visit. If it suits THEM, they can/will boot you out when THEY want!!! I have argued that point, but they always winn the argument.
and your better BEST!

Last edited by 1krazeepolack; 02-06-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
hanging in there
Donation Award 

Default I'm Back!

He finally got transferred. Stupid Inmate Locator told me he was at Deuel (?!) but when I called, found out he's at MCSP. So next weekend, I make my maiden voyage to Ione. I'm currently in way south Southern CA (saw someone else was close to Mexico -- PM me, please! I'm so close my living room has MX cell tower signal).

Never been to Ione, have been to Sacto/Stockton. I'm planning to drive and stop for the night in Stockton or nearby. Any recommendations for cheap quiet places to sleep? Car is an option but it's not the best.

I got the word about clothing; since this is a 600 mile trip, what is the best way to find out fast if there is lockdown or other visit-cancelling situation? I love Cali, but I'd rather not do the drive for nothing!

Finally, thank you all each and every one, for all the good info I have found on this site. It's funny but I feel better already about this transfer just seeing how many family and friends are here writing. Hope to meet you all someday.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

My honey is planning to transfer to Mulle creek (closer to me) I'm trying to find out some information about the SYN yard(s) there. thank you
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM
hanging in there
Donation Award 

it's my understanding the whole place is SNY at this point.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM
hanging in there
Donation Award 

Default long distance visiting

I understood from the desk folks at MCSP that they do give some kind of consideration in visiting scheduling to people who have traveled beyond a certain mile radius from the institution.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 PM

Default Housing questions

My husband is currently in Ironwood and the family is in N. California. We are trying to get him transfered closer to home. Can anyone tell me which prisons in Northern Cali house level 2 & 3 inmates? Right now he is in general population at a very low level 3 and may be dropped to a level 2 at review time. Because of his charges, at some point he may have to go SNY. I know Mule Creek does, what about James Town? Does Mule Creek allow contact visits if he does have to go in SNY? At Ironwood we are allowed contact visits as general population and it's so important to be able to touch without glass between us. Lots of questions, sorry!!!
We live north of Sacramento, so closest to us would be awesome.
Thanks!!!

Tuffwife
Old 06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Donation Award 

Default Is your man still in mule creek?

Hi, my son is in mule creek. done ten has six to go. hard to navigate this site to find the same place twice. I got here through google. write me vixxen7@yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Welcome Guests

We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing our Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) forum, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

Sincerely,

CA Staff
Old 06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Donation Award 

I know james town is a firecamp. very low level. He might go to mule creek or folsom, or solono, high desert...you can request a hardship to get him closer.. a hardship on you that is..tough one...gl..wish you all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffwife View Post
My husband is currently in Ironwood and the family is in N. California. We are trying to get him transfered closer to home. Can anyone tell me which prisons in Northern Cali house level 2 & 3 inmates? Right now he is in general population at a very low level 3 and may be dropped to a level 2 at review time. Because of his charges, at some point he may have to go SNY. I know Mule Creek does, what about James Town? Does Mule Creek allow contact visits if he does have to go in SNY? At Ironwood we are allowed contact visits as general population and it's so important to be able to touch without glass between us. Lots of questions, sorry!!!
We live north of Sacramento, so closest to us would be awesome.
Thanks!!!

Tuffwife
Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Donation Award 

Default you can stay here

If you come up again you can stay here in modesto then we can go together
no lie. my son is there too sisteen years for hitting someone one time no drug offences

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCsMom View Post
He finally got transferred. Stupid Inmate Locator told me he was at Deuel (?!) but when I called, found out he's at MCSP. So next weekend, I make my maiden voyage to Ione. I'm currently in way south Southern CA (saw someone else was close to Mexico -- PM me, please! I'm so close my living room has MX cell tower signal).

Never been to Ione, have been to Sacto/Stockton. I'm planning to drive and stop for the night in Stockton or nearby. Any recommendations for cheap quiet places to sleep? Car is an option but it's not the best.

I got the word about clothing; since this is a 600 mile trip, what is the best way to find out fast if there is lockdown or other visit-cancelling situation? I love Cali, but I'd rather not do the drive for nothing!

Finally, thank you all each and every one, for all the good info I have found on this site. It's funny but I feel better already about this transfer just seeing how many family and friends are here writing. Hope to meet you all someday.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:07 AM
hanging in there
Donation Award 

Default very sweet of you!

thank you for the kind offer, that was really sweet of you! I think I have the San Ysidro to Ione thing figured out! There's not much in Ione, but it seems like a cute little town ... I'm going up on Saturday and would be happy to meet you for a cup of coffee or something if you're around!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:37 PM

I have a concern and I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same issue. Since the new computer system went into effect at MCSP any CO can pull up information on any inmate and I believe that ~ due to his crime ~ we are being singled out at every visit. My bag of money is gone through by more than one CO at processing AND they want to check my bag when I leave. I have yet to see anyone else being "watched" as closely as we are being watched.

It is really starting to bother me ~ in many ways ~ because there are a couple COs who are so rude and just mean ~ to me and him. There is one female CO who treats me, talks to me as if I am an inmate and unworthy of respect or humane treatment.

There is NO reason for this treatment. My husband has NEVER had a discipline write-up, he sticks to his program and is a "model inmate" it even says as much on his annual review paperwork. He is down to "0" points. YET ~ we both are feeling singled out and the only thing we can pinpoint is that now ALL the COs are privy to his crime / case and are treating us differently because of it.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this or if I am just going crazy and imagining all of it. I don't know ~ but I do not that since the computer system started up ~ we both have been treated differently.

Any thoughts or ideas on what I can or should do? It is driving me crazy!!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinchange
I have a concern and I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same issue. Since the new computer system went into effect at MCSP any CO can pull up information on any inmate and I believe that ~ due to his crime ~ we are being singled out at every visit. My bag of money is gone through by more than one CO at processing AND they want to check my bag when I leave. I have yet to see anyone else being "watched" as closely as we are being watched.

It is really starting to bother me ~ in many ways ~ because there are a couple COs who are so rude and just mean ~ to me and him. There is one female CO who treats me, talks to me as if I am an inmate and unworthy of respect or humane treatment.

There is NO reason for this treatment. My husband has NEVER had a discipline write-up, he sticks to his program and is a "model inmate" it even says as much on his annual review paperwork. He is down to "0" points. YET ~ we both are feeling singled out and the only thing we can pinpoint is that now ALL the COs are privy to his crime / case and are treating us differently because of it.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this or if I am just going crazy and imagining all of it. I don't know ~ but I do not that since the computer system started up ~ we both have been treated differently.

Any thoughts or ideas on what I can or should do? It is driving me crazy!!
There are different levels of access to the SOMS system. Only certain staff have access to the full C-file. Visiting staff would only have access to for example, ability to visit with minors. But that info was available before as well.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Dedicated To My Husband!

Hello Ladies!

My husband is at Soledad and is thinking about asking for a transfer to MCSP. I wanted to ask about family visiting here. I don't know anything about it. Is it every 30 days? Are there privilege groups that get one every six months? I live only 30 mins away from this prison the one he is at now is 3 1/2 hours away. I just wanna know how often regular visiting is and Family visiting. Thank you in advance!!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM

Red face Hello im new here at Mule Creek

Hello my man is doing life at Mule Creek and i am always open to meet new people that are going threw the same thing as me im 27
Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 PM

Talking

Hi everyone! :3

I'm new and have a friend up in Mule Creek; I'll probably be asking you guys about visitation and sending stuff up to this particular prison. I'm in Los Angeles County and don't have a car! So, I'm gonna have to have my mom drive me up there (it's an 8 hour drive! ) pretty soon, and I'm a little nervous about whether or not I'll pick a good weekend to go visit my buddy - could you freakin' imagine if we got up there and the prison was on lockdown or something? *knocks on wood* God forbid. But I tend to have that kind of luck, so... we'll see. Until then, I look forward to "meeting" a few of you and chatting it up. Thanks in advance for any advice or info you may provide!

Hope to talk to you all soon!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 PM

Hi Ladies, mine has another 9 or so years to go & looks like he may be moved before then. Am kinda hoping he's still at Mule Creek for my visit from NZ next year, will just have to wait & see for now I guess.
KiKi I'll have a days flying just to get there!! But all worth I feel
Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prplpaws9 View Post
Hi Ladies, mine has another 9 or so years to go & looks like he may be moved before then. Am kinda hoping he's still at Mule Creek for my visit from NZ next year, will just have to wait & see for now I guess.
KiKi I'll have a days flying just to get there!! But all worth I feel

Oh wowwweeee... Then I hope all goes smoothly for you when you fly in! I always worry about people who come in from out of state or OUT OF THE COUNTRY! Please let us know when you come to California for your visit and how it went! I'd be curious to know how it all turned out!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi1017 View Post

Oh wowwweeee... Then I hope all goes smoothly for you when you fly in! I always worry about people who come in from out of state or OUT OF THE COUNTRY! Please let us know when you come to California for your visit and how it went! I'd be curious to know how it all turned out!

Thanks KiKi I will do so & can't wait to get over there. last time I was in the states was back in the 1990's Long overdue to re visit & now a very good reason to do so!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 PM

Hi everyone I'm visiting an ex boyfriend at the end of November. Haven't seen him for a good 15 years. He's been at MCSP since 2004. Pretty nervous about seeing him again, but excited too!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:30 PM

Hi & congrats on the visit & hope all goes well