Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default MCSP Newbie Q & A Thread

If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Day BY Day

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,093 Posts

How many different sny yards are at Mule Creek?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhishands View Post
How many different sny yards are at Mule Creek?
Mule Creek has three yards that are SNY. The only mainline inmates are Level 1"s that are housed at a different location from the main prison but on the same property.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:02 PM

Hello Ladies!
Since I couldnt post on the Winter Chit Chat thought I would ask. My guy is up for transfer and we would like to know how this prison is. From visiting if there is a carline. Are they strict, do they terminate easily. I've heard good things about Mule Creek actually. So we want to find out if the things are true lol. Any info is very much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to WeAreArt<3 For This Useful Post:
maritorres (02-17-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Donation Award 

Default I'm wondering the same thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt<3 View Post
Hello Ladies!
Since I couldnt post on the Winter Chit Chat thought I would ask. My guy is up for transfer and we would like to know how this prison is. From visiting if there is a carline. Are they strict, do they terminate easily. I've heard good things about Mule Creek actually. So we want to find out if the things are true lol. Any info is very much appreciated.
I would like to know the same thing as my friend will be moving soon. Also, how are the local hotels? I hope someone answers soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to clacord For This Useful Post:
maritorres (02-17-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 01:57 AM

You park in the visitor section walk up to the visiting place you can start lining up around 8 not before it opens at 8:30. They are pretty laid back on the clothes as long as its under the dress code. Most the staff members are great. They have 3 visiting yards all have areas outside or just walk around. Food is not to bad they do try and get stuff you like. They have games and coloring stuff for kids. Sometimes you can get terminated not very often. We like it here. Its better then other prisons we have been at.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waiting18years For This Useful Post:
jwil130 (06-12-2014), maritorres (02-17-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting18years View Post
You park in the visitor section walk up to the visiting place you can start lining up around 8 not before it opens at 8:30. They are pretty laid back on the clothes as long as its under the dress code. Most the staff members are great. They have 3 visiting yards all have areas outside or just walk around. Food is not to bad they do try and get stuff you like. They have games and coloring stuff for kids. Sometimes you can get terminated not very often. We like it here. Its better then other prisons we have been at.
Thank You I appreciate you sharing this. Every little helps. So it sounds like a great Prison for guys to do their time. Wow, outside areas, I am highly impressed. Lol We currently have no outside space nothin really and I would love fresh air. So walk up to processing like 8:30am? Would Skinny Black Jeans go through? I know prisons are very strict with those.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM

Not everyone can go outside but they guys know if they can. No on the skinny jeans nothing skin tight,white shirts,co-green, and any blue those are the biggest things that I see women do. Yeah its okay for a prison. You can hold hands the whole visit. We love that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waiting18years For This Useful Post:
WeAreArt<3 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 PM

Oh sorry, if you don't mind waiting outside you can go to processing at 8 but they don't open until 8:30. Also sometime if its cold they do fog count, so, they won't let the guys out to visit until they do a whole prison count. It sucks if you are there at 8 cause sometimes it will take them a few hours. By the way most the lady's that come every weekend are good people. You can ask them if you have any question. If you need anything else just ask I'll try to answer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waiting18years For This Useful Post:
maritorres (02-17-2013), WeAreArt<3 (01-31-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Oh sorry, if you don't mind waiting outside you can go to processing at 8 but they don't open until 8:30. Also sometime if its cold they do fog count, so, they won't let the guys out to visit until they do a whole prison count. It sucks if you are there at 8 cause sometimes it will take them a few hours. By the way most the lady's that come every weekend are good people. You can ask them if you have any question. If you need anything else just ask I'll try to answer
You mentioned in a past post that visits outside are not for everyone, who gets the okay for those. I'm coming from the bay and was doing my little research with Mapquest and GPS Navigator and it does not give me a location. What address did you use to get there? That's nice to know that there are very nice ladies @ Mule Creek. It's good when people are nice and friendly. Are there any stores around like clothing stores? Incase something or your outfits dont pass?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM

Outside visiting- its all based on the guys custody level or some kind of lable. I will ask him but I really don't know to much on that( the guys are told that info). I just asked him if we could go outside he said yes.
Maps- I would just map Ione. It should pull up if you just put in Mule Creek. Its not hard to fine you will see the fences. It does have a sign but its small. Just know its about 3miles out of Ione.
Clothes- I always bring 2or3 sets. Sometimes one CO will say its ok and another won't let you in. They do have a friends trailer (like 20feet) that has clothes in it. You are about 15mins away from Jackson they have places you can shop. Just know no blue (not even if its mixed with other colors), no white shirt, nothing tight, and skirts should hit your knees, and shirts must have sleeves. Oh and of course no underwire bras. Those are the biggest things I see people do.
Don't stress we have been to other prisons this one is pretty cool. Most CO's are cool if you smile and talk they will do the same.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Outside visiting- its all based on the guys custody level or some kind of lable. I will ask him but I really don't know to much on that( the guys are told that info). I just asked him if we could go outside he said yes.
Maps- I would just map Ione. It should pull up if you just put in Mule Creek. Its not hard to fine you will see the fences. It does have a sign but its small. Just know its about 3miles out of Ione.
Clothes- I always bring 2or3 sets. Sometimes one CO will say its ok and another won't let you in. They do have a friends trailer (like 20feet) that has clothes in it. You are about 15mins away from Jackson they have places you can shop. Just know no blue (not even if its mixed with other colors), no white shirt, nothing tight, and skirts should hit your knees, and shirts must have sleeves. Oh and of course no underwire bras. Those are the biggest things I see people do.
Don't stress we have been to other prisons this one is pretty cool. Most CO's are cool if you smile and talk they will do the same.
Thank You so much! That was great help. I dont really like changing from prison to prison because you have to adapt to things and at times not all the ladies are helpful but you have and I really appreciate it. Are there a lot of Bay Area Ladies there that go often. Well I just want to make sure. My maps says 2hrs but those darn things are not trustworthy at times. Does it snow anywere in that part or does it just get really cold? I'm just being silly making sure I dont look like a weather confused girl lol So Ione is pretty nice. Alright so I gues I have to find jeans that will be a little loose. I have regular jeans that fit a little lose. I'm hoping those will do it Also what kind of programs do they have for them? Like in terms of jobs or classes? I'm just trying to be ready incase. Never to early to know how long does Orientation take? Alright Thanks in advance again. Have a good day everyone

Last edited by WeAreArt<3; 02-15-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM

I'm not really sure where people come from...lol if I ask I don't remember unless its out of state. About orientation it use to take 2-3 weeks but because they have some many guys coming in its down to about 8 or 9 days. I don't really go into Ione unless for forgot to get gas but when I have they are nice. The weather is great there. I've never seen it snow. What you have to watch for in the warm weather is bikes(cyclists) on the road a lot of races. In the winter watch for floods and fog. Summer watch for fires. I hope when you do visit everything goes great.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waiting18years For This Useful Post:
WeAreArt<3 (03-14-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM
truly, madly, deeply

Hi, my husband was just transferred to Mule Creek, got there this past Friday. I was wondering if anyone could give me info on family visits as I have to plan and schedule way in advance at work to get the days off. Is it 2 days? during the week? weekends?
Do we order food from walkenhursts or do the guys order it, bring it in? etc. any info would certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sandra

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

No longer waiting, the date changed.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 AM
truly, madly, deeply

are there not a lot of members in this forum, I've asked for info a couple times with no replies? Is this the wrong thread? if so any suggestions where to put questions about Mule Creek? I tried the family visit thread and no answer there either?

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

Old 03-15-2013, 02:30 PM

Its is slow here. On family visits I I don't know anything. What I do know is it can be a weekend or during the week. I know the guys order the food. I will look through the old posts and find the number and other info. The only thing I can call you to get a faster answer is call the prinson and talk to them.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:04 PM
truly, madly, deeply

thank you waiting. I have called a few times, even left a message. The FV always goes to vm. I'll just keep trying.

Henry David Thoreau

Old 05-03-2013, 09:29 PM

Default New here

Hi. I have a friend that was just transferred to MCSP yesterday and I hope to be able to visit him on May 25. Can appointments be made or is it just first come first serve? Also, I'm wondering what will happen if he's still on orientation? Will they let me in to see him. (I'm flying out from Massachusetts and I would hate to find out I can't get in to see him once I'm there - flight and hotel already booked and paid for).
From all we have heard (and what I have just read here) about MCSP I think it's going to be a good place for my friend - I would be happy knowing he's in a decent place where everybody just wants to chill out and do their time without drama (I know there will always be drama, but nothing can be as bad as where he was just at).
Old 05-04-2013, 07:32 PM

Frist you DO NOT need to make an appointment. The computer says you do need to make an appointment but you don't. The inmates are usually in orange when they arrive at MCSP for the first two weeks. If he is still in orange that is behind glass visits (your friend should be able to tell you if he can have contact visits). Make sure you check the dress code and to be safe have a few outfits in the car. Also make sure when you come you have them write on your pass that you are out of town that way your visit can be terminated. I hope you have a nice flight and a great visit.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Default appointment

If I don't make an appointment won't there be the possibility of my not getting in to see him until after 11? Being the only day of visiting I want to make sure I'm there as long as I can be.

Quote:
Frist you DO NOT need to make an appointment. The computer says you do need to make an appointment but you don't. The inmates are usually in orange when they arrive at MCSP for the first two weeks. If he is still in orange that is behind glass visits (your friend should be able to tell you if he can have contact visits). Make sure you check the dress code and to be safe have a few outfits in the car. Also make sure when you come you have them write on your pass that you are out of town that way your visit can be terminated. I hope you have a nice flight and a great visit.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:59 AM

Don't let that stress you out. You can show up at 8am and line up the doors open at 8:30 (there's about 20 families that show up early). I don't get there til 9am so I don't have to wait in line. And I found out its only a ten min difference anyway. I'm sitting down visiting by 9:30. Depending on what yard he is on is how long it will take him to get to the visiting room. Just make sure he is not on yard and he is waiting for your visit. If you have any question I'm here.I do try an help.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karren Ann View Post
If I don't make an appointment won't there be the possibility of my not getting in to see him until after 11? Being the only day of visiting I want to make sure I'm there as long as I can be.
my husband was just transferred out of Mule Creek, and let me tell you...the one thing that I will miss about that prison is how fast processing goes....it's the best prison I've been to so far when it comes to processing. i never made an appointment....hell i didn't know you could there! but i would typically show up by 9am, and usually be able to walk up, get processed, and get out to the visiting rooms within about 10 minutes of getting there.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 AM

Hi Everyone,
VPASS will begin this month but, there is no need to use it! We do not have the same issues at Mule Creek like the other prisons do. You don't need to make an appt,just show up! Most families at the prison were against the implementation of VPASS because we don't have long lines or terminations anymore...
Old 05-10-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenson View Post
Hi, my husband was just transferred to Mule Creek, got there this past Friday. I was wondering if anyone could give me info on family visits as I have to plan and schedule way in advance at work to get the days off. Is it 2 days? during the week? weekends?
Do we order food from walkenhursts or do the guys order it, bring it in? etc. any info would certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sandra
The family visits are 3 days long. You can go in on a Friday and come out on Monday morning or go in Monday morning and come out on Thursday. There is a food list that you order from and then your husband would send it to the FV coordinator Mrs. Atkins.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
truly, madly, deeply

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyseesall View Post
The family visits are 3 days long. You can go in on a Friday and come out on Monday morning or go in Monday morning and come out on Thursday. There is a food list that you order from and then your husband would send it to the FV coordinator Mrs. Atkins.
Awesome, thank you for the info. We have to wait a bit now because he got pulled to a county jail to do some court hoops for some misdemeanors he got before he was locked up. Leave that man alone for a minute and he gets years in prison. ugh. Cant wait for the long visit though. We have only had the 47 hour visits so it will be nice to relax a little more with him.

Henry David Thoreau