Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:14 PM

Default Questions About Very Close to Parole Date Concerns

My son called upset today because it was his understanding that he was on "S" Time from his job because it is less than 15 days before he is released and he was notified that if he didn't go to work he could be written up. It's not that he didn't want to work - he loves his job. He went there and his boss doesn't know why he hasn't been put on S Time either. Another prisoner was already scheduled to take my son's job. His boss looked up my son's record and it still says November 28, 2017.

He also is concerned because he has to sign "parole plans" and hasn't been called to wherever to do this.

There have been no issues/write-ups to delay his parole. I spoke to his counselor a couple of weeks ago and she too discussed my son's upcoming parole date.

He's wondering if some irregularity is occurring because he had been endorsed twice to MCRP this year and the facility is still not finished due to permit issues.

I'm wondering if an irregularity is occurring because he is scheduled to be paroled 13 days earlier for good behavior due to prop 57.????

Can anyone shed any light on this? Are his concerns valid?

I sent his dress out clothes a couple of weeks ago and they were accepted - he was notified they had been received.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...just when it was appearing this nightmare was coming to a close.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2017, 06:42 PM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,882 Times in 1,919 Posts

As long as the system still states November 27th then chances are good he's on track. It is weird that he hasn't signed finalized papers yet though, but I'm not sure exactly what the final timeline is for that. I know Dee was called in for her initial at 150 days to go (it was also the day we knew her new max-out date after it got moved up.) I can't remember how much time was left when she signed her final paperwork, but I think it may have been in the final 2 weeks that she mentioned it to me. Keep us posted as we get to the date.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
SonsMother (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
As long as the system still states November 27th then chances are good he's on track. It is weird that he hasn't signed finalized papers yet though, but I'm not sure exactly what the final timeline is for that. I know Dee was called in for her initial at 150 days to go (it was also the day we knew her new max-out date after it got moved up.) I can't remember how much time was left when she signed her final paperwork, but I think it may have been in the final 2 weeks that she mentioned it to me. Keep us posted as we get to the date.

-E
He had the initial some time ago - before June of this year. But he was being given everything early I think because of prop 57 and the MCRP program.

I emailed the warden and vmailed the counselor. I'll call her early Monday am.

Would it make sense to call his prospective parole agent? I know where he will be paroled.

Worry is this is a holiday week....geez. Lots of arrangements have been made for his release as you can imagine. And of course he wants to be released :-).

Last edited by SonsMother; 11-18-2017 at 01:06 PM..
Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,300 Times in 14,284 Posts

As strange as it seems, I called parole about 2 or 3 weeks prior to my hub being released. I left a message with someone, giving my hubs name, cdcr# and my name/relationship and phone number. I was given the name of his agent.
He did call me back and was able to give me an idea about stuff he was going to have to do. So it was helpful.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
missingdee (11-20-2017), SonsMother (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
As strange as it seems, I called parole about 2 or 3 weeks prior to my hub being released. I left a message with someone, giving my hubs name, cdcr# and my name/relationship and phone number. I was given the name of his agent.
He did call me back and was able to give me an idea about stuff he was going to have to do. So it was helpful.
My son called today and his counselor advised him that he completed his final papers last December - again this was because of prop 57 and they were preparing for him to be released much earlier than he ended up and also the then plan for him to go to MCRP which never occurred since to this day the San Fran facility has still not opened. The problem with his job was just miscommunication.

She advised him for sure he will be released a week from tomorrow!!!

Thank you all on this forum for all your help and emotional support.
The Following User Says Thank You to SonsMother For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 08:05 AM

Donation Award 

Such good news!!! Congrats to you both!

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
SonsMother (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Such good news!!! Congrats to you both!
One more night!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SonsMother For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-01-2017), sidewalker (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 07:48 AM

Donation Award 

Thats just wonderful.
Im sure you will have a bit of trouble sleeping. lol.
Again, Congrats!

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
SonsMother (11-27-2017)