Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:42 PM

Default California City;Parole Address?

Hello,

20 more days and a wake up left!

Just had a question my loved one was originally going to parole to his parents house so when the counselor had asked him where he was going to go he put their address which this was a couple months back.. Recently the last two months he has decided to live with his aunt. Would he have to change his address/ talk to someone about it now? Or after his release would he update that information? Will they hold him longer now because of this?

Just really worried since time is so close to him getting out.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2018, 05:28 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,114 Posts

Hi there - if he already has the information about a new address, why would he not speak with the counsellor and update that information? After all, his current parole plans are approved with a wrong address now, correct? So when he gets out his parole agent also has an incorrect address?

The conditions of parole state that any move after his release must be approved beforehand - so I would fear that not volunteering this new address at this point could potentially cause him problems right after his release.... what if they will look at it as an unauthorised move?

If someone has different information please feel free to correct me...I personally would just try and avoid any possible problems by being open about all changes to the original parole plans

Please see HERE a copy to CDCR conditions of parole.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,035 Times in 13,748 Posts

If both homes are in the same county it will be less of a hassle. But he's got to be sure he has permission before hand.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-22-2018), xoxness (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Hi there - if he already has the information about a new address, why would he not speak with the counsellor and update that information? After all, his current parole plans are approved with a wrong address now, correct? So when he gets out his parole agent also has an incorrect address?

The conditions of parole state that any move after his release must be approved beforehand - so I would fear that not volunteering this new address at this point could potentially cause him problems right after his release.... what if they will look at it as an unauthorised move?

If someone has different information please feel free to correct me...I personally would just try and avoid any possible problems by being open about all changes to the original parole plans

Please see HERE a copy to CDCR conditions of parole.

Hello!
it’s not that he doesn’t want to tell them he’s just concerned if this situation can possibly hold him longer than his release or the paperwork can be done before then.

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to xoxness For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-22-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
If both homes are in the same county it will be less of a hassle. But he's got to be sure he has permission before hand.

Thankyou !
The Following User Says Thank You to xoxness For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-22-2018)