Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > The War on Drugs - and the results of it
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The War on Drugs - and the results of it A war against drugs, or against families?

Old 04-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,474 Times in 10,031 Posts
Default Mexico contemplates relaxed marijuana laws

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Thursday proposed legalizing marijuana-based medicines, raising the amount users can carry and freeing inmates on minor weed charges, in a major shift amid regional efforts to reboot drug policy.

Pena Nieto, who is grappling with deadly drug cartel violence, said he will send to Congress a proposal to permit the use and importation of marijuana-based medicines, and raise the amount that weed users can legally carry to 28 grams from 5 grams.

The rest of the story HERE.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:47 AM
tired

Thanked 14,155 Times in 3,687 Posts

I'm not an advocating legalizing marijuana but I've seen first hand the benefits of it with cancer patients being able to eat and prolonging their life's. I believe it is a better option then morphine In the earlier stages and making zombies out of people when they could still have quality of life.
Besides that there are just too many people behind bars for it.
Just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,876 Times in 5,338 Posts

(gross generalization about to happen, but...)
We start our days with coffee and a cigarette. We take Tylenol mid-day because our back is sore. We end our day with a glass of wine. And yet, "drugs" are evil.

It's hypocritical that some substances are mainstream and others become a pariah. The soccer mom who has a couple margaritas is fine, but the single dad who smokes a joint is a criminal. I've seen the havoc street drugs like meth can wreak so I'm not blind to the threat they pose. But the further down our noses we look at people who use substances, the worse the damage done. In the Netherlands they have a program that legally dispenses heroin to addicts. In 2002 they reported a stat of "2,000 hardcore addicts" in a population numbering 10 million. It's time to wake up to policy that really works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (06-29-2016), the1usagin (06-09-2016)