Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row - Friends and Families
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row - Friends and Families Please post here if you are friends with, married to or otherwise involved with a Death Row inmate. This forum is a place to find support, information and understanding.

Old 12-10-2003, 04:21 PM
I played... I've paid..

Default Dean Carter and "Dead Man Talking"

Does anyone know if Dean Carter has any appeals remaining?

Website URL removed per PTO Rules and Policies.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Blessed_Be, I have no idea to be honest with you. His at SanQuenitin right? I just went to that site, it doesnt say much. Can I ask you how long he has been on death row? That might give us a idea about his appeals.

"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them."
Old 12-10-2003, 11:35 PM
I played... I've paid..

Kyla,
I don't know but his column is interesting. I wish these DR people would discuss their crimes sometimes. That would be so informative. I won't/can't write him but I enjoy reading his column.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Registered

Alot of the time they cant discuss there crimes, cause of the way there appeals are being handled in the court. I have to go and read his columns though, I havent really read them, but now you have me interested.

"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them."
Old 10-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Starbucksmate

Post Dean Carter

Dean has some appeals left however he needs some online support to his Website. He is not the whiner that he has been portrayed to be, just an informant on what life is actually like inside San Quentin's DR. It makes any gutter look comfortable. If anyone has any information they would like to share, please do.

Peace
T.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:55 AM
not the one you expect ;)

If he doesn't talk about his murders online, he doesn't talk to his crimes with his penpals, a woman talked to me and told me he sends same letters to anyone ...
This guy uses Amnisty international to stay alive, and so many inmates who are innocent stay in jail, without a good attorney, without any money to pay a good attorney, Dean Carter raped, tortured and killed at least 5 girls, i'm sorry but there is a difference between a guy who uses the rules of the Justice and those who are fighting because they were in the bad place at the wrong moment ....
Old 11-02-2005, 10:03 AM
fluffy ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran2005
If he doesn't talk about his murders online, he doesn't talk to his crimes with his penpals, a woman talked to me and told me he sends same letters to anyone ...
This guy uses Amnisty international to stay alive, and so many inmates who are innocent stay in jail, without a good attorney, without any money to pay a good attorney, Dean Carter raped, tortured and killed at least 5 girls, i'm sorry but there is a difference between a guy who uses the rules of the Justice and those who are fighting because they were in the bad place at the wrong moment ....
Amnisty international is used by anyone who wishes to , they do not judge what you have done only the way you are treated.
I think you will find the codes of this web site say you shouldnt make personal attacks , this web site is to support peole not to be the judge and jury.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:34 PM

i don't judge i just make some observations .... did i judge most of men who are in jail ?
Would you tell me same about Ted Bundy if i was judging him ? Dean Carter seems to have a lot of friends even here ....
Old 11-03-2005, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchypoo
Amnisty international is used by anyone who wishes to , they do not judge what you have done only the way you are treated.
I think you will find the codes of this web site say you shouldnt make personal attacks , this web site is to support peole not to be the judge and jury.

You are very right witchypoo. There are many websites which entertain the denigration of death row inmates.
This excellent website, (PTO) is a support site NOT a hate site.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 AM
fluffy ffs

Quote:
i don't judge i just make some observations .... did i judge most of men who are in jail ?
Would you tell me same about Ted Bundy if i was judging him ? Dean Carter seems to have a lot of friends even here ....

I would say the same about anyone, Ted Bundy, Gacy, Yorkshire ripper, ed gien, Believe it or not there are people who think legalized murder is wrong no matter who it is, even Saddam Hussein , Murder is murder no matter what a piece of paper says.

Amnesty is there for anyone who faces the death penalty, and if Dean Carter wants to send people the same letters that is his choice, if people want to support him thats their choice, if you don't like it tough! you don't have to read anything about him, or anyone else for that matter.

Yes there are victims, and yes I do feel for them, I have had personal experience of Violent crime, so I do know how it feels, Some people need to be in prison for punishment, some need to be in secure units for the mentally ill , some just need to be kept locked up for the safety of the public and others need to know what its like to feel wanted and loved.

So please don't come here and make personal remarks about anyone in prison, these people have mothers and fathers , brothers and sisters , sons and daughters, they come here for support not to read negative remarks about them.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:35 AM

such a shame you didn't read my last post, by the way Dean Carter has no family no one wants to hear from him except persons who didn't know the things he made.
By the way he was judged several, so he doesn't need another judgement, i just made some observations, persons here are so sad to have their husband or son on jail for nothing.
That's all.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
fluffy ffs

Quote:
such a shame you didn't read my last post, by the way Dean Carter has no family no one wants to hear from him except persons who didn't know the things he made.
By the way he was judged several, so he doesn't need another judgement, i just made some observations, persons here are so sad to have their husband or son on jail for nothing.
That's all.
I read your post.
I have no idea what dean carter made ?? sorry i dont understand what you mean by that.

The "observations" you made sounded very much like "judgement"
people are in prison who are innocent and it is sad, but it is also sad for the familys of those who are guilty.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:05 AM
Led by the Great Spirit.

My husband is on the row, for a crime that he did not commit. But, many that I love and have loved in this life were guilty of the crimes that they served time for. Some were guilty of murder. I loved them knowing they took another's life. There is no excuses and yet they are human and as such capable and deserving of giving and recieving human emotion.

I warn anyone who would judge those who love the men and women that society would call outcasts, because you do not know the factors that have taken these people to the points that they have reached. My husband is accused of a heinous crime, but even knowing that he were guilty would not change the way that I feel for the man that I know. Knowing his past leaves me in awe of the strong, caring , compassionate man that he has became, despite so many years in hell.

I do not neccesarily practice Christianity, as I follow more my husband's beliefs, however I feel the statement, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone," would apply to this situation. I do not look at my husband's past or the past of a friend that is on the row. They are both open and honest with me and they treat me with the greatest love and respect. I never once think of the murders they are accused of as I write them, only the wonderful men that I know them to be.

My husband has been declared a monster by the state and those who quickly judge with no real knowledge of the people they look upon critically. Does that make him a monster?Even those like Gacy or Manson are human. They are mentally ill human beings. So what does it say that our society would support the state approved murder of an ill man?

I have no problem with another's opinion. I am opinionated myself, though more often than not if I tend to sound judgemental it is in being overprotective of all the men and women,who face incarceration. I get too well the lives that the vast majority of inmates have faced. After alot of research and consideration I also feel we as a supposed civilized nation have no right to practice state sanctioned murder, nomatter the crime.

As for what an inmate will write, especially those on the row. Many letters come. Often times many proposals of marriage, as well in short periods of time, from those who consider them a novelty for the place that they are in. The letters become a diversion, with few becoming actual friends. My husband said pretty much the same to everyone, until I came along. He said everything to me and is now able to be more open with all, including the other women, who remain his friends. A couple of those women are among us here and I thank them for having the heart to see my husband for the man he is, not the monster that the courts declare him to be.

We are here to provide understanding and support and I have apologized for offering my opinions too strongly, when I feel that someone has possibly brought anguish into the life of an inmate, who already faces incredible anguish. I have no right to judge even them, because once I too believed that my husband must be guilty and deserved to die, for his horrendous crime, if he was on the row. I was wrong, in my opinions, as I have been taught by searching for the truth. I will listen to the opinion of all, but do not try to force me to share them.

God bless all those within this forum and elsewhere, who are wise enough and strong enough to see beyond a person's past, in looking for that same truth !!!!

Last edited by Eldon's wife; 11-11-2005 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: No right to judge
Old 11-11-2005, 04:42 AM

blah blah blah what is the relation with your post and this topic, Carter is a serial killer who still manipulate women asking for some calls everyday ... I can't call my friend who is in jail for one murder he did not commit, and this Carter can have calls from anyone ... such a shame for most of inmates....
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Register
Donation Award 

Keep this thread on topic, it isn't about the guilt or innocence of Dean Carter or anyone else. The original poster ask if Dean Carter had anymore appeals pending.

Remember PTO is a place for support.

• PTO Community Purpose:
The purpose of the Prison Talk Online community is Prisoner & Family Support, Information and Assistance. While we welcome people with other view points seeking to learn more, anything beyond friendly questions will NOT be tolerated. PTO is not a forum open to debating whether or not anyone should be in prison, should prisoners and their families have rights, etc. Anyone who is hostile to our purpose will be immediately blocked from the community and all of their posts will be deleted. This will be the ONLY WARNING and no notice will be given.

Read all our Rules and Policies here
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23755

softheart
PTO Super Moderator
Old 10-15-2016, 10:39 AM

Default Dean carter -where is he??

Hello! First I apologise it's simply I aint American. In reply to Eldon's Wife. Well, you say you're not necessarily Christian. Well, in Dean's case his whole case started because of that, very indirectly, by the indecent comments of his very "christian" stepfather 'You're bastard, you're bad fruit'. Many inmates carry abuse from former life. I'm actually a Jehovah Witness and who is he to tell a child he's filthy? he's ugly and put him in shackles, even alone at night hungry , cold, crying? Since Jesus death illegitimate if regretting also becomes 'clean'The 1st Christian congregation had also polygamists, homosexuals, criminals..all the colors. LONG TERM ABUSE HURT ANY PERSON! Dean had bottled up agony hearing this all his young life. MOST INMATES HAS either been poor, or came f rom broken families has drug problems. etc
I now comment to the others. What brought me here is this man's last letter where he stated that his privileges will be taken off since he'll either move or be executed! I consider him a friend regardless what he did/not did. Irrelevant to this site according to the rules. This particular inmate is the most loyal, sensitive intelligent and kind and I promised to stand by him as a friend and I do try to help and will always stand by Dean. If anyone in this forum knows him, could you tell me if you know where he'll move? What I felt between the lines of his letter is that 33 years he is waiting and well for the first time he used the word F- "I don't care what they do so long they do something..." and he actually means he is tired of this life. This is terrible. I am intuitive and knows to read between HIS lines anyway and this is what I read Dean said. He do not need anymore problems and his friends as one above said is all he got. it is true. DEAN DO NOT USE Amnesty. He never said he do. perhaps he did but not now. His siblings denies him. I won't be the one to turn away, in case he cannot write. His friends should not let him live his pain alone if he is unable to write. The man has enough to deal with. Well, I have another penpal in jail also in death row but he will be released soon. I wish there was hope for one more guy - Dean who has gotten far enough pain in his life..I hope for comments. Thanks
Old 10-15-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyla View Post
Blessed_Be, I have no idea to be honest with you. His at SanQuenitin right? I just went to that site, it doesnt say much. Can I ask you how long he has been on death row? That might give us a idea about his appeals.
33 years this year..Almost 34..
Old 10-16-2016, 11:01 AM

Default Dean Carter and "Dead Man Talking"

You are replying to a post from over 10 years ago which is strange. The November election and results from it have a lot to do with the confusion going on with California death row inmates. It is a time of great unpredictability and stress. This is not a problem only for your boyfriend because this affects all of the inmates on the row. The system is not out to get him or cause any problems just for him. Regardless of which proposition goes through, 62 or 66, it will mean big changes to everyone. Most death row inmates in California will either be transferred, made to share cells, given life without parole or executions will speed up. Google the propositions! As for believing friends will suddenly stop writing, that will never happen. There could be a period of adjustment where letters and communication need to be held off and privileges are withheld for all inmates, but once the prison system makes their decisions and moves are made if necessary, everything will get back to normal. As normal as possible for the inmates. As for your question as to where he is being moved, no one at this time knows the answer, not even San Quentin administration. There are 2 things you should have being involved with an inmate, knowledge through facts and recognizing what is truth and what is conjecture.