Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 09-23-2016, 02:59 PM

Very sorry for what you're going through. I'm new to this site but hoping it will help with the pain I feel for my baby brother. I don't know how to post so bare with me until I get this all figured out. My baby brother is my best friend and does not deserve the punishment he has gotten. He did commit a crime and he never denied that fact but he was revoked on his probation and was sentenced to 25 years!! A second degree burglary that he already did time for but had no ride to see his probation officer and was revoked. We come a very poor family but we all did what we could to help him, no one wants to hire a "thief" so getting a decent job is out of the question for someone with his label. He did 18 months treatment for the crime along with 3 other charges none of were violent crimes, backup time was 15 years, his charges were all to be ran concurrent but when he was revoked THE PAPERWORK CHANGED!!!! How does it change?? It can't!!! But his did from concurrent to consecutive so my brother, 27 years old, is serving a 25 year sentence for nonviolent crimes. He has two daughters 10 and 2 and is the greatest dad in the world!! Those girls love their daddy and miss him so much. My kids and myself are lost without him. I just keep that one question in my head and I'm doing everything I know to do to prove that the paperwork was changed but it's so hard. My brother is so young! He wouldn't hurt a fly WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SPEND HIS LIFE IN PRISON FOR NON VIOLENT CRIMES??? Again I'm very sorry about what your going through my heart goes out to you. I will definitely keep you in my prayers
The Following User Says Thank You to CrystalB1203 For This Useful Post:
n2lynn (09-23-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2016, 03:40 PM

Default Missing Our Brother So Much!

[broken:QUO TE=CrystalB1203;7567735]Very sorry for what you're going through. I'm new to this site but hoping it will help with the pain I feel for my baby brother. I don't know how to post so bare with me until I get this all figured out. My baby brother is my best friend and does not deserve the punishment he has gotten. He did commit a crime and he never denied that fact but he was revoked on his probation and was sentenced to 25 years!! A second degree burglary that he already did time for but had no ride to see his probation officer and was revoked. We come a very poor family but we all did what we could to help him, no one wants to hire a "thief" so getting a decent job is out of the question for someone with his label. He did 18 months treatment for the crime along with 3 other charges none of were violent crimes, backup time was 15 years, his charges were all to be ran concurrent but when he was revoked THE PAPERWORK CHANGED!!!! How does it change?? It can't!!! But his did from concurrent to consecutive so my brother, 27 years old, is serving a 25 year sentence for nonviolent crimes. He has two daughters 10 and 2 and is the greatest dad in the world!! Those girls love their daddy and miss him so much. My kids and myself are lost without him. I just keep that one question in my head and I'm doing everything I know to do to prove that the paperwork was changed but it's so hard. My brother is so young! He wouldn't hurt a fly WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SPEND HIS LIFE IN PRISON FOR NON VIOLENT CRIMES??? Again I'm very sorry about what your going through my heart goes out to you. I will definitely keep you in my prayers[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure how to use this site. We will, however, continue seeking answers to ALL these unanswered questions. Love you, Sister! #JusticeForOurBrother!

Last edited by n2lynn; 09-23-2016 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: New User
Old 09-23-2016, 03:49 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,040 Times in 13,528 Posts

I'm sorry that you're going this Have you a copy of his original sentencing papers that state the sentence is to be concurrent? If not, go to the courthouse in theh county of conviction and pull his file (its free to read). Once you find that sentencing paper in his file, have the clerk make a copy (minimal charge). Give that to his attorney. Speaking of which, his attorney did not object at the 2nd sentencing/revocation

Welcome to PTO
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
n2lynn (09-23-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I'm sorry that you're going this Have you a copy of his original sentencing papers that state the sentence is to be concurrent? If not, go to the courthouse in theh county of conviction and pull his file (its free to read). Once you find that sentencing paper in his file, have the clerk make a copy (minimal charge). Give that to his attorney. Speaking of which, his attorney did not object at the 2nd sentencing/revocation

Welcome to PTO
Actually, he was never given an Revocation Hearing. I will request copies from the courthouse, however, after numerous calls and questions, I'm fairly certain that those documents have been altered. As stated earlier, we are unable to hire a payed attorney, so essentially, we are seeking alternate solutions as I am certain that there has to be something or someone that could help. Thanks again for your feedback!
The Following User Says Thank You to n2lynn For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-10-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 03:12 PM

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!
Old 12-09-2016, 10:03 PM

Hello all My name is Shenna Machado. I'm new to this group. I hurt Everyday and even writing this I'm in tears because my brother is now in prison. He has epilepsy seizures so I worry about him constantly. I haven't been able to visit with him or talk with him since he went in. He's my only living brother I have left our other brother passed away 2 years ago and now I feel so empty without my only brother.

Last edited by ShennaM; 12-09-2016 at 10:10 PM..
Old 12-10-2016, 07:13 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,040 Times in 13,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShennaM View Post
Hello all My name is Shenna Machado. I'm new to this group. I hurt Everyday and even writing this I'm in tears because my brother is now in prison. He has epilepsy seizures so I worry about him constantly. I haven't been able to visit with him or talk with him since he went in. He's my only living brother I have left our other brother passed away 2 years ago and now I feel so empty without my only brother.
Hello & welcome to PTO My condolences on the passing of your brother I know that makes having your other brother in prison that much harder Write him often, accept the calls you can afford to, visit if/when you can. Take care of yourself in all of this....you're important too
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (12-11-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 09:33 AM

Sorry to hear about what you are going through as well as your brother. Secondly, if he did not have a revocation hearing, it's because when his PO (parole officer) met with him at the county jail , he (your brother) plead guilty and declined to have a hearing. You need to find out who his PO is and report him to the Ethics Board (after fact checking) sometimes our love one will lie to us, because they don't want to disappoint us, your brother is given original documents and shoild have his original paperwork. Thirdly, there are jobs within your state, city (The Second Chance Program) to which your brother could applied for employment, granted these are not the more glamorous jobs, but a job nonetheless, if he is williing to put his pride aside and and work hard, his trust can be restored within the community. Also, word of advice, His Parole officer nor the State wants to hear he was not able to MANDATORILY report to his parole officer, due to, lack of transportation, besides, they give them free bus card etc. If they don't go anywhere else!!! that's one place they are EXPECTED TO APPEAR W/O ANY EXCUSES. Once an individal is revoked, they (the parole board) make their recommendations on a case by case bases, if he was to serve concurrent, then the Parole Board voted otherwise, that's why it's is important that they do what required and if he was not working, he is suppose to perform community service until he obtained stable employment, in addition to, paying his supervision fees, so all of this is taken into consideration when the Board of Paroles sees his file. Please note that ignorance of the law/information is no excuse, you must understand the parole Board members see/hear all types of reasons everyday, so they are not moved by most stories they hear. If your brother had a job, paid his fees monthly his outcome would have been different and the PO don't revoke you on 1 or 2 missed office visits ( provided there is some type of communication). The job of The Board of Paroles/Parole Officer is to ensure felons don't result back to past behaviors, even if they feel they will be better off in prison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2lynn View Post
[broken:QUO TE=CrystalB1203;7567735]Very sorry for what you're going through. I'm new to this site but hoping it will help with the pain I feel for my baby brother. I don't know how to post so bare with me until I get this all figured out. My baby brother is my best friend and does not deserve the punishment he has gotten. He did commit a crime and he never denied that fact but he was revoked on his probation and was sentenced to 25 years!! A second degree burglary that he already did time for but had no ride to see his probation officer and was revoked. We come a very poor family but we all did what we could to help him, no one wants to hire a "thief" so getting a decent job is out of the question for someone with his label. He did 18 months treatment for the crime along with 3 other charges none of were violent crimes, backup time was 15 years, his charges were all to be ran concurrent but when he was revoked THE PAPERWORK CHANGED!!!! How does it change?? It can't!!! But his did from concurrent to consecutive so my brother, 27 years old, is serving a 25 year sentence for nonviolent crimes. He has two daughters 10 and 2 and is the greatest dad in the world!! Those girls love their daddy and miss him so much. My kids and myself are lost without him. I just keep that one question in my head and I'm doing everything I know to do to prove that the paperwork was changed but it's so hard. My brother is so young! He wouldn't hurt a fly WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SPEND HIS LIFE IN PRISON FOR NON VIOLENT CRIMES??? Again I'm very sorry about what your going through my heart goes out to you. I will definitely keep you in my prayers
I'm not exactly sure how to use this site. We will, however, continue seeking answers to ALL these unanswered questions. Love you, Sister! #JusticeForOurBrother![/quote]