Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,011 Times in 7,140 Posts

If you read the post right above yours, there's a very quick and dirty guide to using the site.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
David (07-19-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2009, 08:55 AM

Congrats is right i found this site just by luck and had no idea about it and glad i did its one of the best sites for those who need it its hard enough dealing with the situation and to have the site to fall back on its a blessing. So much to get from the site thanks for all the work that eveyone shares to make the site a great place to visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to medina05 For This Useful Post:
David (03-07-2017)
Old 07-19-2009, 02:21 AM

My fiance was in boone co. jail kentucky on a 90 day mistameanor p.v. He was then shipped to casey county jail in kentucky,but i did'nt think county inmates were shipped to another jail.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:25 AM

Default casey county

Does anyone have a loved one in casey county jail in kentucky?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:57 AM

my son is headed to prison he violated his probation and had left 5 years i guess he will spend about a 3rd of his time is that right do you know
Old 07-20-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy View Post
I join this site a month ago.And I have really injoyed it.Iam stell learning.The people on here have really bend helpful.And Ithink the Lord for letting me find PTO.

Hello to you and everyone I have just joined up,I have been here b4 to read post but not as a member,my son is at Augusta State Medical Prison here in Augusta,and yes I admit it is so very hard on moms to have anyone in prison,but I am glad to be included on here thanks

Last edited by rainbow200967; 07-20-2009 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: username rainbow200967
Old 07-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Default New to the sight

I just joined today and so far I haven't been able to tear myself away. I am 33 years old, the mom of 3 beautiful children and a wife to the most intelligent,loving,caring,gorge as man. He has been incarcerated for 2 months now and we have no idea for how much longer. I haven't seen or held him in so long my heart aches. Nobody understands how hard it is to wake up every morning and put a smile on my face for my kids when all I want to do is cry. I am slowly dying inside and have been holding the hurt in for all these weeks. I keep telling myself I have to be strong for him and the kids but often wonder who will be strong for me. We as woman take on so much and it is taken for granted because "that is the way it's supposed to be. I am only one person taking care of 4 not including myself. I have anxiety, depression ,ptsd and panic disorder. I have been working on it for years and come to terms with it but am afraid if I hold much more of this in I will loose all those years of finding myself and rising above it. I have come to far to loose it all now. I just need someone, anyone with an open heart who is going threw this also to share this experience with. It would help me to know it's still going to be okay. Thanks to all who took the time to read this and please feel free to lean on me, as I am a great listener.
The Following User Says Thank You to sadwifey For This Useful Post:
rmdoc (03-28-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 02:20 AM

Smile chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintath View Post
Thank you David for showing me a world I never knew existed, people who thought of inmates as human beings who should not be forgotten. Thanks to PTO, I have made friends, inside and out, all over the world.

Now I need a support group for those who are addicted to PTO.
this looks like a good support site. It happened to pop up when I was searching for a flame retardant blanket. I have been wanting to join one of these sites. Looks like david has done a great job with this site. I am sure I will benefit greatly so thank you to david.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazygoodcook For This Useful Post:
David (03-07-2017), fbopnomore (01-13-2016), TLC2 (01-17-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 07:07 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,585 Times in 10,031 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm glad you joined our forums.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Donation Award 

Default Its been three years for me without holding .. how are you now . ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadwifey View Post
I just joined today and so far I haven't been able to tear myself away. I am 33 years old, the mom of 3 beautiful children and a wife to the most intelligent,loving,caring,gorge as man. He has been incarcerated for 2 months now and we have no idea for how much longer. I haven't seen or held him in so long my heart aches. Nobody understands how hard it is to wake up every morning and put a smile on my face for my kids when all I want to do is cry. I am slowly dying inside and have been holding the hurt in for all these weeks. I keep telling myself I have to be strong for him and the kids but often wonder who will be strong for me. We as woman take on so much and it is taken for granted because "that is the way it's supposed to be. I am only one person taking care of 4 not including myself. I have anxiety, depression ,ptsd and panic disorder. I have been working on it for years and come to terms with it but am afraid if I hold much more of this in I will loose all those years of finding myself and rising above it. I have come to far to loose it all now. I just need someone, anyone with an open heart who is going threw this also to share this experience with. It would help me to know it's still going to be okay. Thanks to all who took the time to read this and please feel free to lean on me, as I am a great listener.

Its been three years for me without holding .. how are you now . ?
Old 03-06-2016, 04:34 PM

Wink Thankful Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I want to take a moment to Welcome everyone to PrisonTalk Online. I am still in the process of adding quite a bit of content to other regions of this website but the community discussion forums area is now fully operational.(less messages & visitors at this point)
In the following months as traffic grows, it is my hope that PrisonTalk Online will begin to fill the gap in communications between all of us in the Prison/er Support System by providing a medium everyone can use at no charge.
I understand that there are a great deal of inmate's families and friends that still do not have their own personal computer, but that day is moving towards an end. In the mean time more places of business, schools, libraries and other locations are providing free internet access every day in which we all can utilize to access information.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

David
PTO Administrator & Ex-Offender

David, I am a mother of a young inmate who I am very scared for! My heart is pounding every single minute of every single day since he has been in lockdown at Taylor C. I. He has been threatened by 2 guards in there and something happened to him, he was sent to Mayo for one day. We got 3 different stories and now Taylor refuses to talk to me, his mother, his wife, or his sister. I thank you from the bottom of my heart that you cared enough to spend all your time and effort on this site. I have just now really begun to use it! Once again my heartfelt thanks to you for this site!
Old 04-01-2016, 04:54 AM

Default Hang in there, Mama!

Hi there,
I'm a mom of 4 boys and my oldest has been in for almost 5 years. I know exactly how you feel! It breaks my heart every day to think of what he's seen in these last 5 years. He comes home in August and I can't wait to hold my first baby again! He was 19 when he went away, and turns 25 in 5 more days!! A big part of his growing up has occurred there and that's a hard pill to swallow. Please know you are not alone and that we are here for you!

Keep up the good work with your kiddos! It will get better!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cedarparkmom For This Useful Post:
David (03-07-2017), fbopnomore (04-01-2016), marie8899 (04-23-2016)
Old 01-06-2017, 02:56 AM

Thank you. Site is very helpful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WeenyWaldron420 For This Useful Post:
David (03-07-2017), miamac (01-06-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Donation Award 

Wow - running a site like this since 2001. That's a long time for any internet forum. Even to operate at this capacity as well. It's a lot of time, effort and money to own, operate, admin and mod a site this size. Thank you for helping to create a place like this. I've looked and there is no other place this size and this much info as this place.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silenus For This Useful Post:
David (03-07-2017), nimuay (01-09-2017), patchouli (01-09-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,594 Times in 1,552 Posts

My apologies to all who have posted and not received a response from me. It always warms my heart to hear that PTO has helped people. I have not been active much in recent years but I'm back now and re-energized, to say the least!

I was going to drop our upgrade plans for my 20,000th post, but after coming across this thread, I might as well make that 20k post in the thread where it first began.

So many things have happened since my very first post.. PTO grew into a huge community where I've met some of the best friends I've ever had. Michelle (Bella - one of PTO's first admins) and I are still close to this day, among a number of others I keep up with via Facebook and emails..
I'll be forever grateful to all who I've met and worked with here.. And speaking of the latter... PTO may have been my vision.. But, it would not have been nearly as successful without the hard work and dedication of all the VOLUNTEER staff that have poured their hearts and time into this support community over the past 16 years! They along with all of the members who have come here and shared their experiences and offered support are the champions of this community..

So.. I'll wrap this up with this.. I'm really excited about the 2017 version of PTO that we are working to roll out, and will take advantage of the technology our current system doesn't have.. That announcement with details will be coming.. very soon!

With all the respect in the world,
David
Anjewel (03-18-2017), lulu (03-29-2017), miamac (03-07-2017), patchouli (03-08-2017)