Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Blueyes

No one here is expressing "contempt" for the mother. I never said I had contempt for her so why read that into it? And the same for the child.

My major concern is my MWI because I love him and I care about him - I don't know the mother or the child but it doesn't mean I have "contempt" for them. My MWI has an enormous stake here because while he's trying to get his life pulled together and make a life. - actually he's still in prison and we don't know when he will get out. Could be another four years. - he might have to give (if we were talking about Colorado) 65% of his income in child support.

He's been in prison forever and he has no job skills. What if he can't find a job or if the job he gets is $10 an hour. 65% of $10 an hour leaves him $3.50 an hour (before taxes). How many of you can live on $3.50 an hour? The average rent in Denver is $1,500 a month. I'm sure some of you would say, "don't live in Denver" - still, who can live on $3.50 an hour? That's how paying child support can destroy a person's life. In this instance, the child is raised. She's 17, but my MWI would certainly be living in poverty if the financial burden is too great - and some states don't care about the quality of life of the person paying the child support.

I knew a man many years ago who owed me $5,000 for lodging - he promised that as soon as he got his income tax back, he would pay me the money owed. But, the money never came cause the state took it for child support - and I got screwed.

So, it turns out the child and mother are in another state. Kansas City not sure if it's Kansas or Missouri. So, it seems we have to go by their rules, whatever they are.

Last edited by snowblind; 01-11-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2017, 12:14 AM

It' can happen at any age the child is. My fathers wages weee attached in California when I was 29 years old and married. 125 a month in an order from the 70's he owed her 35,000 had never paid a dime to my mom and she raised us as a single mother in the 79s and 80s. My dads wife called and told us to tell our mom to stop the case we were adults now. I told her to mind her own business I didn't care if my mom took the 125 and went to lunch and shopping once a month she deserved it for all her years of struggling. When I was in my thirties he sold a piece of property and she got her 35,000 and I'm very glad. Im very sorry for your situation but regardless of his life circumstances if that child is his he will have to pay. But there is still a chance he is not the father so try and stay calm until you know for sure. I wish you the best