Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:38 PM

Hi Ladies, You can have a notary perform the ceremony. The chaplain can get who ever does the ceremony a special visit approval and that takes about 1 week. They just have to do a background check. Once you find someone give them the Chaplians info so he can get them the paperwork (via email) ASAP. You do not need a copy of his prison ID anymore. Also, choose a date before you get the actual license because they expire in 90 days.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2018, 05:48 PM

Les256: Brevard County has a mail away option. You would just have to do ALOT of mailing. Google Brevard County Clerk of Courts and look for mail away marriage license. I hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hamp289 For This Useful Post:
QueenJameelah (02-25-2018), Sarianna (02-17-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 AM
Mrs. Al Amriki

Thanks for this helpful info ladies. My fiance turned in all the paperwork and now we are just waiting for the Chaplain to set up the psychology testing for him then wok the paperwork through then we get a date. The Chaplain said it may take about 4 months but hopefully its sooner!

The Following User Says Thank You to QueenJameelah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-25-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Completely Jason's Girl!!

Default Gulf CI Main in Florida questions

My honey and I have been together going on 18 years now and we are trying to get married before he gets released he is currently at Gulf CI main in Florida, can anyone give me any pointers or help on what to do or where to go? I am not sure what the first step is, how much time and/or money I looking at going into this not that any amount isn't worth it because it is but I feel so lost.
"For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." Mathew 17:20--Brandy

Old 04-25-2018, 04:20 PM

Default To Bluejay

The entire process took about 90 days here in Florida.

1) Inmate requests "A request to marry" form from his institution

After receipt of the form

2) He signs, mailed to me to sign, I mail back to him

3) He submitted forms to the prison chaplain

4) Chaplain sends the form to 3 places:
Physiology Department: to see if he is mentally suitable for marriage after an in-person appointment
Security Department: to do a more extensive background check on me.
To his classification officer: For his or her approval

If all three of these departments sign off on the request to marry.

5) It is sent to the warden for final approval.

6) If warden sign final approval a marriage license can then be applied for and a wedding date set.

Florida is a very strict state of inmate marrying, it is very hard to get an absentee marriage license. Only two counties in Florida (that I could find) will issue a pre-marriage license for an inmate to sign and have notarized at the prison.

7) I have an out of state license and address, so I was able to do the mail away marriage license that only ONE Florida County Clerk of Court issues. (Lucky for me)

* I applied via an online email application
* They emailed me back a filled out pre-marriage license
* I forward email to the chaplain to give to my fiance
* He signed in front of prison notary, for was mail back to me
* I had my signature signed on pre-marriage license then mailed back to the clerk of court for clerks signature and stamp.
* Full license was mailed back to me bearing 3 notarized signatures, with the forth need only by the officiant.

8) Florida prisons do not allow the chaplains to marry, due to conflict with same-sex marriages. So you have to bring your own officiant and they have to have the approval to enter the prison (this takes at least 30 days), however, (they usually have one they can refer you to that is already approved for around $100)

9) Florida wedding NOW, ruled changed in July 2017...all weddings take place 1 hour before a normal visitation day. Therefore you can not have guest during the wedding. You can't bring anything. Attire has to be liking to normal visitation attire. Therefore, no wedding dresses, flowers, music....nothing, but you can bring in the wedding rings.

10) 10 minutes it is all over, and regular visitation starts and everyone else enters.

We started 10/21/2017 and married 1/20/2018
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nefertari9 For This Useful Post:
Najeli (05-11-2018), QueenJameelah (04-29-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 01:08 AM
Mrs. Al Amriki

We are getting married InshaAllah next month and I just found out from a woman marrying her fiance at my guys place that Miami is issuing marriage licenses! Its located on Biscayne Blvd. Nerferti described our process for marriage to a T! It took us about 4 months to do everything! Oh and our chaplain said that we can invite guests up to 5 people myself included and our marriages our held on a Friday. We then have 2 hrs after our marriage to soak it in! Always ask your chaplain what the rules are for the institution!

Last edited by QueenJameelah; 05-10-2018 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: Had to add more information
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueenJameelah For This Useful Post:
Charlie's Mom (05-19-2018), fbopnomore (05-10-2018), Najeli (05-10-2018), Sarianna (05-10-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Waiting for my love

Default Cross City Marriage?

We were recently approved to get married and he's at Cross City CI right now. I'm waiting for a response from the Chaplain, but they aren't the fastest at getting back to you. I need to know if anyone here has ever gotten married there? If so, do you remember if they give you any visiting time after the ceremony? Is he allowed to wear regular clothes for that time? Can I bring or wear flowers in my hair? What are we looking at here?

TIA for any help!
Old 05-16-2018, 05:53 AM

Hello everyone ! Does anyone know where I can get the marriage license issues in Florida I love in Tallahassee and they donít do it Iíve called a few surrounding counties and havenít come up with anything I only have 30 days to get this done please help
Old 05-16-2018, 10:06 AM
Waiting for my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayashiaj View Post
Hello everyone ! Does anyone know where I can get the marriage license issues in Florida I love in Tallahassee and they donít do it Iíve called a few surrounding counties and havenít come up with anything I only have 30 days to get this done please help
I'm looking for places now, too! I was told that Brevard County does a mail option, but I'm not positive if it's true. Calling now. If I find another county I'll let you know!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Waiting for my love

I just hung up with Polk County Clerk of court. They will issue it, but it does require you to come there 2 times, once to get the license and a second time once his signature is on it. After the ceremony you can either mail the license back or take it in. And the cost is $86.

Also spoke to Brevard County and they only issue them through the mail if you're out of state. Otherwise, they will do it, but you have to go there for the license and the process is the same as Polk County. She did say you may be able to use the Kiosk option: https://vweb1.brevardclerk.us/oscar/cform.aspx but she didn't sound positive that it would work that way. I'm filling it out now so I will update if it works. Hope this helps!

Last edited by epicbeyouty; 05-16-2018 at 10:55 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to epicbeyouty For This Useful Post:
QueenJameelah (05-22-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 06:25 AM

Thank you I also called Brevard yesterday and got the same answer this is so hard because now that everything is done on his side all the pressure is on me as far as finding somewhere that will issue the license smh !!
Old 05-22-2018, 02:23 AM
Mrs. Al Amriki

That's the same thing I had to do with Miami. I have to go there again next week and get the second stamp. Once it's done I have to take it back to be filed.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:26 AM
Mrs. Al Amriki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayashiaj View Post
Thank you I also called Brevard yesterday and got the same answer this is so hard because now that everything is done on his side all the pressure is on me as far as finding somewhere that will issue the license smh !!
I heard Madison couunty May be still doing it. But I would use the mail away option of you can. I don't like these trips back and forth but I gotta do it. Its 7 he's back and forth

Old 05-22-2018, 02:31 AM
Mrs. Al Amriki

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbeyouty View Post
We were recently approved to get married and he's at Cross City CI right now. I'm waiting for a response from the Chaplain, but they aren't the fastest at getting back to you. I need to know if anyone here has ever gotten married there? If so, do you remember if they give you any visiting time after the ceremony? Is he allowed to wear regular clothes for that time? Can I bring or wear flowers in my hair? What are we looking at here?

TIA for any help!
I didn't get married there but here at the Everglades prison you get 2 hrs after the ceremony to canoodle. He has to wear his blues (uniform) and I am planning to bring in some flowers of possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0517180922.jpg (149.3 KB, 13 views)

Najeli (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Mrs. Al Amriki

Quote:

TIA for any help!
My husband is getting transferred there InshaAllah soon and I just called the Chaplain at Cross City (Chaplain Light or White) and he said weddings there are conducted every 3 Friday of the month and the marriage process is quicker there after the pysch evaluation! I didnt get a chance to ask him about visiting time afterwards or the flower thing but I know the place my husband was before they allow 2 hr visiting time afterwards!

Old 06-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Mrs. Al Amriki

Quote:

TIA for any help!
Did you guys ever get married? We are getting married there on June 13th InshaaAllah and he told me no flowers and such. If you were married there can you give me any insight? Im so nervous but ready!

Old 06-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Mrs. Al Amriki

Well Im back and finally married! WE got married at the Cross City main unit! It was very quick but sweet! We exchanged vows and only got to stay for 10 minutes afterwards but I felt the love in there! The chaplain was there and I had a awesome notary! Her name is Carol Strickland and she charges way less than the other woman I had looked up! Overall everything went smoothly. Couldnt bring anything in but the rings copy of his receipt for the rings and my vows I wrote! Im mad cause there was no pictures taken cause the picture guy is in the hole but at least we are finally married! Mrs. Strickland also has a list of who does the marriage licenses now so if anyone wants her information I can share that with you

fbopnomore (06-14-2018)