Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:55 PM

Exclamation Picture Policy? How many 8x10's can I send? What kind of packages?

Hello. I would like to send my husband a few 8x10's quite a few. Maybe about 30 pictures. Does anyone know of or have the picture policy and or package policy for inmates, this is for SCI Somerset. Also, random question what kind of packages are being sent? like shoes n stuff??
Greatly appreciated thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apapap View Post
Hello. I would like to send my husband a few 8x10's quite a few. Maybe about 30 pictures. Does anyone know of or have the picture policy and or package policy for inmates, this is for SCI Somerset. Also, random question what kind of packages are being sent? like shoes n stuff??
HERE is the inmate incoming mail policy for the DOC. This should give you the information you want for pictures. However, I would not send too many at one time. Sending a few each time is better. Also, depending on the COs in his unit they may confiscate some if they feel he has too many. An inmate is limited to a certain amount of personal belongings. Some COs let it slide a bit but some COs may take them.

As far as sending packages to your husband; NOPE! can't do it! Sorry. The reason for this is mainly security reasons. It is easy for contraband to be hidden in personal items such as sneakers etc coming from the outside. The only two ways he can get packages is if you send him a "holiday"/season package which rotates several times a year and if he orders something from the commissary catalogue. He can order sneakers through the commissary along with extra tshirts, underwear socks long johns etc but you can not send him anything but mail. You can order him books or puzzle books but they have to be shipped directly from the publisher or a place like Amazon to the inmate. They can't come to you then you send them to him.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:55 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apapap View Post
My 8 x 10 of the kids spring pictures were returned, it had a red stamp on the envelope , said it was too large or something like that , I resent the same puctures but smaller , I sent 3x5 and he got them on friday , I wasnt thinking being as though I was in a rush or I would of tried to send the size bigger 5x7 , Twice a year , maybe its 3times a year sorry I forget but they can order packages but its food items and they order their own sneakers , etc with the money on their accounts . Have a great day
Old 04-16-2017, 06:05 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,758 Times in 1,418 Posts

I wouldn't try to send anything larger than a 4x6. That seems to be the standard for most states.