Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:29 AM

My fiance did 4 weeks at UnionCounty, Ga then 3 weeks at Jackson. They have sent him to his permanet location at Montgomery State Prison, Ga.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 PM

Default Transferred to Clayton TC

Our son was finally transferred to a TC (Clayton) last night. Yet another milestone on the way to his release (hopefully 8-9 months) and he can then start to breathe a bit and get back to living normally. We (mom, older sister and I) are getting anxious for our opportunity to restore our family as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to newnormal For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 09:25 PM

Thanked 2,385 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnormal View Post
Our son was finally transferred to a TC (Clayton) last night. Yet another milestone on the way to his release (hopefully 8-9 months) and he can then start to breathe a bit and get back to living normally. We (mom, older sister and I) are getting anxious for our opportunity to restore our family as well.

HI NEWNORMAL,
That's great news! Please keep me posted when you have the time. I would be interested in how your son compares TC to just staying put in a camp.
Best wishes as the light at the end of the tunnel starts to become visible.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:36 PM

Hi Mary, there is definitely a difference between the TC and a camp. Arriving on a holiday weekend isn't the best as he has to stay in a "waiting-to-be-evaluated" area without TV, windows, outside access or even books other those he brought with him. He'll get o meet with a counselor on (he hopes) Tuesday and then he will have more information. He says the food is not good at all and he can't buy anything from the vending machines as it take 2 weeks for the money on his books at Riverbend to transfer (!?). The evaluation process can take a couple of weeks from what he is told but of course, all the other guys in his area are a

On the positive side, he'll eventually be able to wear his own clothes, contact lenses and start the job hunt or be assigned to a job somewhere. He's allowed to have a cellphone which we have sent him but likely won't get to him until Wednesday.

How is Conrad doing? Is he still at Spalding? We hope all is well with you.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:24 AM

Thanked 2,385 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnormal View Post
Hi Mary, there is definitely a difference between the TC and a camp. Arriving on a holiday weekend isn't the best as he has to stay in a "waiting-to-be-evaluated" area without TV, windows, outside access or even books other those he brought with him. He'll get o meet with a counselor on (he hopes) Tuesday and then he will have more information. He says the food is not good at all and he can't buy anything from the vending machines as it take 2 weeks for the money on his books at Riverbend to transfer (!?). The evaluation process can take a couple of weeks from what he is told but of course, all the other guys in his area are a

On the positive side, he'll eventually be able to wear his own clothes, contact lenses and start the job hunt or be assigned to a job somewhere. He's allowed to have a cellphone which we have sent him but likely won't get to him until Wednesday.

How is Conrad doing? Is he still at Spalding? We hope all is well with you.

Hi S,
Thanks for keeping me updated. I visited with (M) on Sunday and he was very glad to hear (A) was finally transferred.
Hopefully (A) will be able to meet with his counselor this week and get the ball rolling. We know how slow the system can be!
It's too bad the food isn't any better at TC! I've never liked that our kids are fed so much garbage! Most of the food is so processed with very little nutritional value. (M) says he rarely gets fresh fruit or veggies...mostly canned!
(A) most likely won't have much of a choice in job selection but I sure hope he will get a job that he will kind of like. A job that will help him pass the time while he's in TC.
That's good news that he'll have a cellphone and will be able to wear his own clothes!
Is he finished with his college courses he was taking at RB?
(M's) taking a course by mail too and enjoying it. I don't forsee (M) leaving Spalding at this time, he's content to stay put.
We are counting down to his release date ... January 9, 2020. I can hardly wait!!! The closer we get to seeing that door open the harder the waiting gets! I just want to be done with this part of our lives!!!
You know the feeling.
Hi to (L)!
Please PM me once (A) gets settled!
Happy FALL!
Old 09-19-2017, 11:08 PM

my husband is in valdosta state prison annex in georgia. i need help understanding the process of how the tpm and pic points works,how long before he gets a parole hearing. im very confused
Old 09-20-2017, 10:07 PM

Thanked 1,164 Times in 477 Posts

Here is a link to an explanation of PIC points- http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/de...t%202017_0.pdf
Here is the link to info about the TPM. You can look up his info to see if they list a date.https://pap.georgia.gov/parole-consi...ity-guidelines
PIC points can help him have an earlier TPM date. The Pardons & Parole Board can set a TPM date any time before his sentence is finished.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:18 PM

Smile

Thanks for the links. He has 7 points already. He started taking everything he could to get points. Now we are just waiting. Like I said before his status says no decision on his tpm. I just don't understand any of it. He has a pending court case in ellijay but it still hasn't went to court. Wouldn't he be better to have it heard before he gets out cause it's a drug charge also? I'm hoping it will just run concurrent.