Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:59 PM

My fiance is in fayette also and they keep refusing to give him a marriage packet !
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by des12384 View Post
My fiance is in fayette also and they keep refusing to give him a marriage packet !
SCI Fayette is now allowing marriages. I've been officiating them there since September 2014 (five so far, with more to come in 2015).
Old 12-25-2014, 10:09 PM

Default Marriages at SCI Benner

Great news! Marriage requests will now be accepted at SCI Benner for marriages to be performed this summer.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:21 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDebbie View Post
Great news! Marriage requests will now be accepted at SCI Benner for marriages to be performed this summer.
Are you allowed to do this for Sci Somerset
Old 02-25-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving-him View Post
Are you allowed to do this for Sci Somerset
I will perform weddings at any PA state prison where someone requests my services. I haven't been to SCI Somerset yet, but I am willing to officiate weddings there.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 PM

Does anyone know the process to marry inmate at USP Lewisburg? Getting the license and the process that he will need to go through other than just the paperwork. He was told getting a license in Union County was difficult. HELP!!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:51 AM

Does anyone know of a reverand or good notary public that performs weddings at Hardee CI in FL?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoymoo1 View Post
Does anyone know the process to marry inmate at USP Lewisburg? Getting the license and the process that he will need to go through other than just the paperwork. He was told getting a license in Union County was difficult. HELP!!
If he is in a federal prison (assuming he is by the location you gave), he needs to go and talk to his counselor first. There is a whole process that has to be satisfied within BOP guidelines before you worry about getting a marriage license. He needs to start with his counselor and go from there. That person will advise him of the process.

Best of luck.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:26 PM

Default What is the process to get married at SCI Mahanoy

Hi, has anyone gotten married at SCI Mahanoy and can tell me the process or how to go about it? My fiancée and I have been given the run around most of the information given hasn't made any sense. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnG2000 View Post
Hi, has anyone gotten married at SCI Mahanoy and can tell me the process or how to go about it? My fiancée and I have been given the run around most of the information given hasn't made any sense. Thank you!
Hello,

I officiate weddings at SCI Mahanoy. The first thing your fiance needs to do is to let his counselor know that he wishes to marry you. You must also call his counselor and set up an appointment to be interviewed. After you've both been interviewed, a vote sheet will be sent to the Superintendent for his approval of the wedding. Then you will need to get your marriage license from Schuylkill County Courthouse and find a minister or officiant who is willing to perform a prison wedding at SCI Mahanoy. (The chaplains at the prison won't perform weddings for the inmates.)

If I can be if further assistance, please let me know.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:43 AM

Default What PA County issued your marriage license for Prison Wedding?

My fiancé is at SCI Waymart which is in Wayne County. We have submitted a marriage request so I am trying to get all the information I can so we can be ready when (hopefully) they approve it. I called the office that issues marriage licenses and they said they don't go to prisons. I know some don't but I also know people have gotten married at SCI Waymart before and at many other SCI's. What county issued you your marriage license and what process did you have to go through to get it done? I can get the license in any PA county and it is good anywhere in PA so I don't mind traveling if they will help. I'm located in Central PA. Please help! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO42480 View Post
My fiancé is at SCI Waymart which is in Wayne County. We have submitted a marriage request so I am trying to get all the information I can so we can be ready when (hopefully) they approve it. I called the office that issues marriage licenses and they said they don't go to prisons. I know some don't but I also know people have gotten married at SCI Waymart before and at many other SCI's. What county issued you your marriage license and what process did you have to go through to get it done? I can get the license in any PA county and it is good anywhere in PA so I don't mind traveling if they will help. I'm located in Central PA. Please help! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Did you ever find anything out. My fiance is at USP Canaan, and trying to find out the same thing?
Old 04-14-2017, 04:06 PM

I haven't been on this site for a while. If you are still looking for info this info, send me a message. My (now) husband and I got married in November. It was state, not federal....however they cannot deny your right to marriage. I can send you info for getting a marriage license for PA (good in any county) and a minister who will do prison weddings.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:42 PM
Reverend Brenda

Default Huntingdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenesis View Post
HAS anyone gotten married in SCI huntingdon and if so how hard is it to get married.
I'm trying to figure that out also says have to find a county that video conferencing Did you find any help that can get me in right direction
Old 08-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Reverend Brenda

Default Help

Quote:
I haven't been on this site for a while. If you are still looking for info this info, send me a message. My (now) husband and I got married in November. It was state, not federal....however they cannot deny your right to marriage. I can send you info for getting a marriage license for PA (good in any county) and a minister who will do prison weddings.
Trying to get married he's in sci huntingdon please any info would be appreciated I'm at a loss trying to get help thank you
Old 08-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Reverend Brenda

Default Help please

Quote:
Hello,

I officiate weddings at SCI Mahanoy. The first thing your fiance needs to do is to let his counselor know that he wishes to marry you. You must also call his counselor and set up an appointment to be interviewed. After you've both been interviewed, a vote sheet will be sent to the Superintendent for his approval of the wedding. Then you will need to get your marriage license from Schuylkill County Courthouse and find a minister or officiant who is willing to perform a prison wedding at SCI Mahanoy. (The chaplains at the prison won't perform weddings for the inmates.)

If I can be if further assistance, please let me know.
My man is in sci huntingdon they say have to to schuylkill county how do I get the license I'm 3 or more hours from there how can I get a license myself I'm at a loss please help
Old 08-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Reverend Brenda

Default Bglass22 help from anyone

My fiancé is in sci huntingdon pa. Trying to figure out how we go about getting married he talked to his counselor but he is ignoring him ..... help with how to govabout this would be very appreciated
Old 10-09-2017, 09:49 PM

Hi I wanted to know the process in the state of PA to be married to an inmate
Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 AM

Call the prison. Ask for the Chaplain and he'll tell you the process
Old 12-04-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I will perform weddings at any PA state prison where someone requests my services. I haven't been to SCI Somerset yet, but I am willing to officiate weddings there.
Quote:
Hello, Please inbox me this info also. Thanks
Old 01-04-2018, 04:19 PM

Can anyone give me a little help on how to go about getting married to my fiance in sci dallas
Old 01-04-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams0527 View Post
Can anyone give me a little help on how to go about getting married to my fiance in sci dallas
You need to call and ask to speak to the Chaplain who can tell you if procedures. It may take several calls and VM to have the conversation. Also check the Texas forum
Old 01-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctay View Post
Hello, Please inbox me this info also. Thanks
Could you please message me the information too. I would greatly appreciate it
Old 01-08-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Do you know where to get a license that will do video conference my fiance is at SCI DALLAS
Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,818 Times in 2,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams0527 View Post
Do you know where to get a license that will do video conference my fiance is at SCI DALLAS
Hello there - are you asking about virtual visitation now and not a marriage license? We have a separate forum for visitation questions for PA over HERE where you might find more appropriate threads and information.

Also check out THIS LINK for the PA Virtual Visits page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
awilliams0527 (01-09-2018)