Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions Discussions relating to inmates on Death Row / facing capital punishment in the United States and abroad that don't fit into any of the other forums

View Poll Results: Which do you think is a tougher penalty?
Life in prison 246 56.42%
Death penalty 190 43.58%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2015, 03:07 AM

Both life imprisonment and the death penalty suck. But in my opinion the death penalty is the closest thing to hell I can imagine. I have a pen priend currently held in Polunsky Unit in Texas, he has told me something about the living conditions there and they are DREADFUL. Daniel Lopez was executed in August this year because he was tired of his living conditions in death row and decided to just drop his appeals and go ahead and be executed. He was 27. And yes he probably has killed a cop. But the thing that REALLY gets at me is that some people just think that it's easier to take his life too than to understand why he did that. Society kills a man, but is society's conscience clean? And so now there are two dead people, two broken families and two graves. Is our society any safer now? I'm sorry, I'm just a pen pal and not any victim's family, I really do feel for you who have lost a loved one by the hand of someone sitting in death row, but I just think there are other ways of dealing with crime and imposing death is not going to help you. I send my love and prayers to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to +VERDE+ For This Useful Post:
kestrel91316 (11-05-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2015, 09:16 AM

For me, it comes down to the state. Many states that have the death penalty have not executed anyone in many years yet in other states, execution happens often. I do not believe that knowing there is a death penalty stops a person from killing another. And I also believe that someone is more than just a moment in time in his/her life. I do not think that our government should kill anyone. To me wanting the death penalty is not justice, it is vengeance. But I have never had a loved one murdered so I cannot speak for those who have suffered this kind of loss.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nomireatras For This Useful Post:
+VERDE+ (11-04-2015), kestrel91316 (11-05-2015)