Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anndroid
I apologize in advance if I am posting in the improper forum. But I would like your help to translate how a friend addressed his mail to me. He calls me “Sha” (just my name abbreviated) and the letter I received yesterday read on the envelope “Zawjy Sha” What does that mean?
It means wifey, or in literal speak part of a pair. When something is created as one part of a pair (such as bride and groom) it is clearly incomplete without the other - as the Qur'an states, "He himself created the pair - zawaj, male and female." (Qur'an 53:45)

Last edited by yzz aka Flygirlaa alias; 12-07-2007 at 12:34 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Closed

Red face

There is a really good article on the Blues and its Muslim roots in Aramcos magazine. It is free if anyone is interested in sending it to their loved ones. You will need to fax or mail a letter asking for a free subscription be sent to your loved one. You can get the info off their website.

Here is the link to the article.

http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issu....u.s.blues.htm

I came across it while researching the umma during slave times on Sapelo Island Georgia. It was the only confirmed umma in the south during slavery. To this day, many of the descendents of the Muslims slaves incorporate Islamic traditions into their Christianity (such as praying East).

Very interesting read is Sylviane Dioufs "Servants of Allah: African Muslims Enslaved in the Americas". So much of the religious persecution of the past fits what happens to our Muslim prisoners.

Another book by Allan D Austin is "African Muslims in Antebellum America: Transatlantic Stories and Spiritual Struggles".
Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Work in progress
Donation Award 

Yzz..Thank you for the link to that article. I am going to send it to my husband. He's say's I never send him any articles, which I don't. He is going to be surprised.

As-salaamu-Alaikum
Old 12-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Closed

Eid al-Adha is coming up. Is anyone planning any celebrations?

Tonight I will go to a henna party and get some mehndi done. One of the ladies at my masjid is so talented. I will post some old photos and then the new when I can type again.

We will going to prayer service at the Dallas Convention Center.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...08ae989fb1.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...a9c076912d.jpg

Last edited by yzz aka Flygirlaa alias; 12-15-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 AM
friends are timeless

I Need A Pray Times For 2008 Can Anyone Help!
dr. seuss
Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

You can go to Islamic city or Islamicfinder (google those sites) they will give you specific prayer times for your state.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

I dont subscibe to Islamica mag. But I do read the articles online....yep it is pricey...Yikes.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
friends are timeless

Thank You Got Him A Pray Calender!!!!
dr. seuss
Old 01-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Does anyone have any good articles on being a good Muslim wife? Ive been so out of the will of Allah(subhanna wa ta allah) this past year I feel lost.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Closed

http://azizaizmargari.wordpress.com/...t-fascinating/

Here is a blog by a Muslimah speaking of the book Fascinating Womanhood. It s a Christian book, but does a very good job in speaking to many of the duties of Muslim wives.

It is old fashioned and outdated, but I read it and took the good and left the rest.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Thank you sister.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Got the book in my hands as we speak...Going to start reading it tonight.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Closed

Assalamu Alaikum,

I don't post often but could let this one go.

I would try - "Ideal Muslimah" or if you go to the Site "aunthentic Statements.com" And search for "from my book to the muslim women" by Umm- Abdillah- Daughter of a VERY NOBLE sheik, order the tapes, purchase the book

My 2 cents- May allah forgive me if I said something wrong. But,Reading a book that is for "christians" as a Muslim is a form of Shirk. We as Muslims and Muslimahs need to stay away from this dunya and the people of this dunya and increase our knowledge in our deen as Imam Al-Bukhari said " Knowledge proceeds speech and action" and the proof is Surah Muhammad Ayat 19. Also Knowledge negates ignorance (Al- Elm Munafee Jah alil)

I would also pick up- Three fundamental principles of Islam (Thalaalatul Usool) by Sheihk Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahaab. Translated by Sheihk Uthaymeen as its a book on tawheed and every muslim needs the tawheed before anything as Knowledge negates ignorance.

Inshallah this will benefit you

Assalamu Alaikum

-Nai'lah
Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Work in progress
Donation Award 

"The Ideal Muslimah" is an excellent book. My best friend gave it to me as a gift after I had taken my Shahaada. I could not put it down. It deals with every aspect of a Muslimah's life. From a Muslim woman and her Lord to a Muslim woman and her community

missvee1014...You should post more often. I would enjoy communicating with and obtaining information from some of the Muslimah's on PTO. I am definitely a work in progress.

As Salaamu Alaikum

Saiyidah

Last edited by Saiyidah; 01-23-2008 at 10:12 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Saiyidah For This Useful Post:
Sheyanne (07-03-2010)
Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyidah
"The Ideal Muslimah" is an excellent book. My best friend gave it to me as a gift after I had taken my Shahaada. I could not put it down. It deals with every aspect of a Muslimah's life. From a Muslim woman and her Lord to a Muslim woman and her community

missvee1014...You should post more often. I would enjoy communicating with and obtaining information from some of the Muslimah's on PTO. I am definitely a work in progress.

As Salaamu Alaikum

Saiyidah
Assalamu Alaikum Saiyidah,

I don't post often on pto but feel free to PM me and i'll try to get back to you. I too would like to know more true pious believing muslimahs. Take care
Baraakallah Feekum
Assalamu alaikum

-Nai'lah
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Patient Perseverance

Assalamu Alaikum

I have been scarce around here didn't know this thread still existed. I'm glad it is. Hope everyone is doing well

Old 01-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Closed

I am sorry for the post, I wont post again.

Yes, me and my sisters at the masjid have read that "christian" book and we all received something out of it. BUT, I do realize that I am not the type of "muslimah" some muslims believe I should be. So I wont post any more to avoid offending those.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarleyluva
Got the book in my hands as we speak...Going to start reading it tonight.
Dont read it. Speak with your Muslimah sisters and find the proper book to read.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzz
I am sorry for the post, I wont post again.

Yes, me and my sisters at the masjid have read that "christian" book and we all received something out of it. BUT, I do realize that I am not the type of "muslimah" some muslims believe I should be. So I wont post any more to avoid offending those.
yzz- It's not that you offended anyone it's more or less that we as muslims have to know our deen and we need to be careful who we take our deen from. It's not that the book isn't beneficial i'm sure it is but as mulim women we have a different creed and rules we must live by. And so being that this is a thread for Islam and those of this way of life (Manhaj) we must be careful not to utilize the resources that the Kafir people offer. I don't want you to feel that you can't post and Honestly Only Allah can judge you and be judge in your affairs and if others are telling you that you're not "The right kind of Muslimah" without giving you the proper dawah and knowledge for you to increase your iman, then they are at fault and will be held accountable for that.

Basically, what I'm saying is this deen has been and is being inovated and corrupted by many resources and we must be careful not to do anything that won't get us into Jannah(paradise) and in doing that we all as muslim sisters (new, old, revert, born, american or not) must keep that in mind. And as women we have to be even more careful as we are the first resource for the upcoming ummah (community- i.e. our children) and if we are believing and teaching them things that are not correct or not the way the prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) legislated than we are at fault.
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

Sahih Bukhari- Book of menses

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:

So Please continue to post and if you have questions and things this is the place to ask and inshallah you'll get the answer you need. We are all sisters in Islam

-Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraaktuh

**Allah (AWJ) please forgive me for those things i've said that were wrong. they are of my own accord. All praises are for you and I ask that you may make us all pious believers and give us good in this world and good in the hereafter and protect us from the chastisment of the hellfire. Amin **

Last edited by missvee1014; 01-25-2008 at 06:56 PM..
Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 PM
My whole life has changed

Default Goddess Blackwoman-Akil

Any one have opinions on Akil? My husband is more like a 5%. Very disciplined and more like a traditional American Muslim (if I am even classifying this correctly)

He is very spiritual and studying both the Koran and Bible for the past 13 years. Insh'allah, he may be returning home very soon and I pray that I am able to adjust to the change. He has not pressured me into converting although I have been studying for the past 3 years. I guess I dont know what to expect and if I am even practicing a proper Deen for a Muslim and in particular a Muslim wife. I am now looking for more resourses; books etc.

Anyone have recommendations to fit my worries. The arthur of Ideal Musilmah is Abdillah?

I wondered what happened to the Connected to Islam Members!

Blessings to you,

Stressed Mecca

Old 01-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmecca
Any one have opinions on Akil? My husband is more like a 5%. Very disciplined and more like a traditional American Muslim (if I am even classifying this correctly)

He is very spiritual and studying both the Koran and Bible for the past 13 years. Insh'allah, he may be returning home very soon and I pray that I am able to adjust to the change. He has not pressured me into converting although I have been studying for the past 3 years. I guess I dont know what to expect and if I am even practicing a proper Deen for a Muslim and in particular a Muslim wife. I am now looking for more resourses; books etc.

Anyone have recommendations to fit my worries. The arthur of Ideal Musilmah is Abdillah?

Blessings to you,

Stressed Mecca
The author of Ideal Muslimah is not Abdillah. Look here . And if you go to Authenticstatements.com and search "" My Advice To The Women" Umm Abdillah Al-Waadi'iyyah SKU: SKU7438 " you'll find a set of tapes that will aid your walk as a muslimah and a wife.

Hope this helps

P.S. I don't want to sound rude or offensive but there TRULY no such thing as a 5%. You're either a Muslim or you're not. I'm not saying yout husband isn't spiritual and or believes in Allah but A Muslim is one who submits to Allah and obeys him, his messenger (Peace be upon him) ALONE. You can't be 5% of something and 95% of something else. In islam to believe in other dieties, things etc... you are acting upon Shirk by not worshipping Allah Alone as he Alone should be worshipped. But inshallah May allah provide you both with the light and guidance and bring you both to the true path of Al- Islam.

If you would help this is a great place to be. Also try troid.org salafipublications.com, for articles and readings on Islam. I hope this helps. Also feel free to PM any one here for more help in increasing your Iman (faith) in this beautiful deen

Assalamu Alaikum

**Allah (AWJ) please forgive me for those things i've said that were wrong. they are of my own accord. All praises are for you and I ask that you may make us all pious believers and give us good in this world and good in the hereafter and protect us from the chastisment of the hellfire. Amin **

Last edited by missvee1014; 01-26-2008 at 11:02 AM..
Old 01-26-2008, 11:51 AM

Default 5%/Islam/Muslim

5% does not mean five percent of something: it refers to those with knowledge of self.

Although my Husband IS what most would call a devout Muslim, a righteous person and man of peace. What he calls himself does not define who he is. He is a MUSLIM by orthodox definition, his studies are just wider than the religion of Islam. Islam is more than just a religion, as Deen defines- it is a way of life.

He has been apart of Islam for the past 13 years, is a well respected and disciplined MUSLIM & Teacher providing lessons in prison for many years now. That is not at all my concern whether he or I is on the true path of Islam.

I guess I did not clarify my concern. Here at home I have not connected with a circle of married Muslim women and my concern is I may be missing an essential lesson in married life period- my husband and I were only married 2 years ago although I have known him since I was 14. I am looking for a book relating to a Muslim marraige/women.

Thanks for your opinion though wasnt rude at all just your opinion.

Salamu Alaikum

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvee1014
The author of Ideal Muslimah is not Abdillah. Look here . And if you go to Authenticstatements.com and search "" My Advice To The Women" Umm Abdillah Al-Waadi'iyyah SKU: SKU7438 " you'll find a set of tapes that will aid your walk as a muslimah and a wife.

Hope this helps

P.S. I don't want to sound rude or offensive but there TRULY no such thing as a 5%. You're either a Muslim or you're not. I'm not saying yout husband isn't spiritual and or believes in Allah but A Muslim is one who submits to Allah and obeys him, his messenger (Peace be upon him) ALONE. You can't be 5% of something and 95% of something else. In islam to believe in other dieties, things etc... you are acting upon Shirk by not worshipping Allah Alone as he Alone should be worshipped. But inshallah May allah provide you both with the light and guidance and bring you both to the true path of Al- Islam.

If you would help this is a great place to be. Also try troid.org salafipublications.com, for articles and readings on Islam. I hope this helps

Assalamu Alaikum

Old 01-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Closed

Quote:
5% does not mean five percent of something: it refers to those with knowledge of self.

Although my Husband IS what most would call a devout Muslim, a righteous person and man of peace. What he calls himself does not define who he is. He is a MUSLIM by orthodox definition, his studies are just wider than the religion of Islam. Islam is more than just a religion, as Deen defines- it is a way of life.

He has been apart of Islam for the past 13 years, is a well respected and disciplined MUSLIM & Teacher providing lessons in prison for many years now. That is not at all my concern whether he or I is on the true path of Islam.

I guess I did not clarify my concern. Here at home I have not connected with a circle of married Muslim women and my concern is I may be missing an essential lesson in married life period- my husband and I were only married 2 years ago although I have known him since I was 14. I am looking for a book relating to a Muslim marraige/women.

Thanks for your opinion though wasnt rude at all just your opinion.

Salamu Alaikum
I see what you mean now,

I believe if you listen to her tapes, and go those links you'll inshallah find some great information there.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:

Blessings to you,

Stressed Mecca
As-Salaam-Alaikum MsMecca. I love your screen name.

Since you are still studying, may I offer a humble suggestion? I believe you should study the history of Islam also. Many times the people who speak of one true Islam are saying their way is the only way. There is no truth in those who speak of one Islam and believe in the supremacy of sharia over love.

The Salafis, Wahhabiya, Sanussiya, Mahdiyya, etc are all puritanical movements which have caused much harm. Be warry of those doctrins who quote Ibn Taimiya as their source. Be careful of those publishers who are located within Empirical nations who practice such extreme forms of Islamic Sharia.

I only say this out of love because I am Nubian Sudanese. I am a living witness.

Shari
Old 01-28-2008, 09:58 AM

Default Study of Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazirsWifey
I believe you should study the history of Islam also. Many times the people who speak of one true Islam are saying their way is the only way. There is no truth in those who speak of one Islam and believe in the supremacy of sharia over love.

The Salafis, Wahhabiya, Sanussiya, Mahdiyya, etc are all puritanical movements which have caused much harm. Be warry of those doctrins who quote Ibn Taimiya as their source. Be careful of those publishers who are located within Empirical nations who practice such extreme forms of Islamic Sharia.

I only say this out of love because I am Nubian Sudanese. I am a living witness.

Shari
Wa Alaykum AssalamShari-

Thanks. You make an good point. My husband has also shared that concern with me warning me to be careful of local Mosques. I have studied some history so I am somewhat familiar with what u are saying. I tend to shy away from anything that seems too extreme or speaks of supremacy of one group verses another..... Thanks for sharing, I'll remember this when selecting my reading materials.