Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:36 AM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspriss619

Probably newer visitors that are frustrated with being terminated due to over crowding.

Really, I think a more efficent option would be to just add a day or two but still keep the limit of 2 visit days a week per inmate. Not only would such an option benefit the inmates and visitors, but it would also help to keep CO's jobs.

Nice idea about adding a day or two. I haven't seen any terminations yet so hopefully it stays as available as it is.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse

Nice idea about adding a day or two. I haven't seen any terminations yet so hopefully it stays as available as it is.
Unfortunately during spring/early summer is when it starts getting really busy and terminations are more regular
Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately during spring/early summer is when it starts getting really busy and terminations are more regular
I remember seeing those long lines. Maybe during peak months they can offer extra days like you suggested.

: )
Old 02-07-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:

Yup there were ballots issued today. I did my part and said leave things the way they are. I know that its the consensus from facility A. We have been dealing with 1 visiting room for the entire yard and have made it work. There is NO reason to make the drastic changes proposed.
Girl I agree I signed mine as well Sunday!

The Following User Says Thank You to Triggers Wife For This Useful Post:
misspriss619 (02-07-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 AM

not so much in the spring, its summer that is a b!@#$ ! not lookin forward to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspriss619 View Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 PM

When did this vote happen?
I can imagine that they will get that approved based on the "cutbacks" that is occurring....gotta love the games they play.
This should be interesting....smh
Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalaDeVenus
When did this vote happen?
I can imagine that they will get that approved based on the "cutbacks" that is occurring....gotta love the games they play.
This should be interesting....smh
They had small survey forms this last weekend. As you checked before the processing they handed them to you.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Mrs. Rivera

Hi ladies, I don't know if my question relates to this thread or not but I need help!!! What if you are approve for visits and then u get arrested? Is there a number I could call to find out regarding this? Please help!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs View Post
Hi ladies, I don't know if my question relates to this thread or not but I need help!!! What if you are approve for visits and then u get arrested? Is there a number I could call to find out regarding this? Please help!!!!!!!!
im not sure i would say anything if I was already approved...
Old 02-10-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Technically one is supposed to notify them of any changes but depending on why one was arrested, that may cause them to withdraw visiting privileges. If they find out that you did not notify them of changes...they may do the same. Basically you re damned if you do and damned if you don't :/
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:

Technically one is supposed to notify them of any changes but depending on why one was arrested, that may cause them to withdraw visiting privileges. If they find out that you did not notify them of changes...they may do the same. Basically you re damned if you do and damned if you don't :/
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the number to call? I want to clear this thing ASAP!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the number to call? I want to clear this thing ASAP!

I think you just call the regular visit number and request to speak to the Visit Lt. Also a quick FYI...I heard that you can not visit for 6 months directly after being arrested
Old 02-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:

I think you just call the regular visit number and request to speak to the Visit Lt. Also a quick FYI...I heard that you can not visit for 6 months directly after being arrested
Do you happen 2 have that number? He's waited longer than that for me 2 visit, I have 2 call and see what they tell me. Thanks for the info. Just have 2 stay positive......
Old 02-12-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs

do you happen 2 have that number? He's waited longer than that for me 2 visit, i have 2 call and see what they tell me. Thanks for the info. Just have 2 stay positive......
619-661-6500
Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Mrs. Rivera

Quote:

619-661-6500
Thank You!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:42 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Thank you ladies for all of the helpful information I have received in the last few days. I am in need once again just so I don't upset anyone. I called visiting today and my husband thankfully is not in orientation and can get contact visits so that means I will be traveling down this weekend. I have read that it is car line up and I would like to know where exactly, what road do we line up on and what is a good time to get there for the car line up as I will be traveling more then 3 hours away. I just want to make sure I get this right and not step on any toes. Thank you in advance for your help ladies.

~~PATIENTLY and FAITHFULLY waiting for my KING to come home~~
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVSQUEEN View Post
Thank you ladies for all of the helpful information I have received in the last few days. I am in need once again just so I don't upset anyone. I called visiting today and my husband thankfully is not in orientation and can get contact visits so that means I will be traveling down this weekend. I have read that it is car line up and I would like to know where exactly, what road do we line up on and what is a good time to get there for the car line up as I will be traveling more then 3 hours away. I just want to make sure I get this right and not step on any toes. Thank you in advance for your help ladies.

The car line is not required unless you are trying to be one of the first people inside. You can come later and still get a good amount of time with your loved one, but since you haven't seen him I can understand wanting to be there as soon as you can. That being said...

I have heard that some people stay in the car line over night. The car line is at the end of Otay Mesa Rd right before your turn on to Alta Rd. next to the Car auctions. In my OPINION, I believe the best time to get there is at 7:30 after the line starts moving so you can just jump into line AFTER the last car. Some people prefer to get there super early like at 5:45-6 am and just sit there until 7:25 when everyone starts their car waiting for the pperson in front of them to begin moving.

I value my sleep and visit regularly so I do not arrive onto prison grounds until late morning. If you live less than 250mi away and have visited within 30 days, the earlier you arrive, the more likely you are to be terminated.

If you are visiting from more that 250 mi and have not visited in the past 30 days, you are gaurenteed NOT TO BE TERMINATED. (some COs don't know the rules (or fake the funk) so if that is the case and they try to terminate you...request to speak to the leiutenant. FYI- once you leave the visiting room to head back to the processing center, your visit is over)

Anyways, back to your question...at the end of Otay Mesa you will notice a line of cars on the side of the road...you may pass the last few cars so just bust a U and settle in the back. Good Luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misspriss619 For This Useful Post:
aligatorz (02-14-2012), JVSQUEEN (02-14-2012), socal729 (02-28-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 02:58 PM

Is anyone else having trouble getting through to the visiting line?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:43 PM

is there any way other (than finding out through the inmate) if i have been approved to visit yet?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamswifey
is there any way other (than finding out through the inmate) if i have been approved to visit yet?
You can call the visiting line and try to get an appointment. It's hard to get through but with patience and a good redial finger. : )
Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM

LAME! I got denied because my drivers license is suspended! SO DUMB!!! Im gonna write the warden
Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 PM

Hello everyone I have been trying to get information on my son for a little over a week . He went out for surgery at the begining of the week and is now back at the R J in medical. I have called and left messages with several people (counsleor , medical, visiting supervisor/ Lt. wardens secratary) with no response . All I would like to know (other than the obvious if he is ok?) Is he allowed visits while in Medical? If anyone could shed some light on this I would be sooo greatful .
Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Default getting medical info

The inmate must have a CDCR Form 7385 on file before they will give you ANY information at all. If you are the person listed on the form to receive info the medical info line has five (5) business days to return your call. Dr. Walker is currently the acting CME. You might leave a message specifically for him asking for info.
You can PM me if you need more info/help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboybubba View Post
Hello everyone I have been trying to get information on my son for a little over a week . He went out for surgery at the begining of the week and is now back at the R J in medical. I have called and left messages with several people (counsleor , medical, visiting supervisor/ Lt. wardens secratary) with no response . All I would like to know (other than the obvious if he is ok?) Is he allowed visits while in Medical? If anyone could shed some light on this I would be sooo greatful .
Make your place in the mystery and think hard on those around you.What holds people together is a pain that has no wound. All your love grows from this pain. All that understand this are wiser than good or evil. Do secret good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aligatorz For This Useful Post:
myboybubba (04-09-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM

Default How is visiting lately?

Haven't visited in over a month and was wondering if things are still as crazy in visiting as they had been?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunniegurl07 View Post
Haven't visited in over a month and was wondering if things are still as crazy in visiting as they had been?
I'm not sure what yard you visit but C yard is really busy. Terminations each Saturday and Sunday. I go very early in the morning so I know processi has been slow but for the last 2 weekends its been pretty good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
sunniegurl07 (04-16-2012)
Closed Thread