Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:22 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default RJD Release Procedure Q & A

INFO, Questions or Concerns regarding the release procedure go here.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 07:18 AM

***IMPORTANT RELEASE PROCEDURE FOR PRCS GOING BACK TO SD COUNTY***

After speaking to a dozen different people from PRCS coordination dept in SD county I have learned that each county in CA handles PRCS cases differently. SD county does not approve interstate transfers although they will approve on a case by case basis inter county transfers. They told me there was nothing written into AB109 that mandated every county to act the same when it came to PRCS. Another difference with SD county is they pick up the releases that are coming out on PRCS from where they are located and return them to SD county for assessment and evaluation, offer information and help for medical, housing, food etc.
The place they are brought to is CTC - Community Transitional Center. After being evaluated the releases are then brought to their home or wherever they will be staying. No interstate transfers as of now - though they tell me that could change at anytime. I am slightly optimistic but not getting any hopes up. A meeting on the topic is scheduled for next week.
If the releases are incident free discharge may be after 6 consecutive months of no violations. Must discharge after a continous year with no violations.
After learning all of this yesterday I have one thing to say - this sucks for all of the releases who applied for interstate transfer and did everything they needed to do knowing they would be going back to their home state and now it becomes clear SD county is one county out of many that do not transfer to another state. Why I asked and the reply is "they are working hard to keep the offender incident free so to be done with everything in 6 months." OK but still not fair to the offenders who were counting on coming home. Now some of them are homeless and how does that help?
Just thought I would let people know what I have found out with no help from CDCR. My son found all this out from a pamphlet that was mailed to him by CTC/LIGHTHOUSE transition
Has this been the case for any other PRCS releases?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:35 PM

Default Prcs releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal729 View Post

After speaking to a dozen different people from PRCS coordination dept in SD county I have learned that each county in CA handles PRCS cases differently. SD county does not approve interstate transfers although they will approve on a case by case basis inter county transfers. They told me there was nothing written into AB109 that mandated every county to act the same when it came to PRCS. Another difference with SD county is they pick up the releases that are coming out on PRCS from where they are located and return them to SD county for assessment and evaluation, offer information and help for medical, housing, food etc.
The place they are brought to is CTC - Community Transitional Center. After being evaluated the releases are then brought to their home or wherever they will be staying. No interstate transfers as of now - though they tell me that could change at anytime. I am slightly optimistic but not getting any hopes up. A meeting on the topic is scheduled for next week.
If the releases are incident free discharge may be after 6 consecutive months of no violations. Must discharge after a continous year with no violations.
After learning all of this yesterday I have one thing to say - this sucks for all of the releases who applied for interstate transfer and did everything they needed to do knowing they would be going back to their home state and now it becomes clear SD county is one county out of many that do not transfer to another state. Why I asked and the reply is "they are working hard to keep the offender incident free so to be done with everything in 6 months." OK but still not fair to the offenders who were counting on coming home. Now some of them are homeless and how does that help?
Just thought I would let people know what I have found out with no help from CDCR. My son found all this out from a pamphlet that was mailed to him by CTC/LIGHTHOUSE transition
I'm confused, for what I know the releasees have to go were they have commited the ofense so why are you so surprise that SD is not permiting transfers? that's how is been always.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 AM

Default Will be returned to the county of last residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by morazan View Post
I'm confused, for what I know the releasees have to go were they have commited the ofense so why are you so surprise that SD is not permiting transfers? that's how is been always.
No he will be returned to the county of last residence when he is released.
My son lived in SD county but you do have the option to apply for interstate transfer - meaning transfer to another state most often one's home state upon release. He did apply and it was processed and now since he is going to be released PRCS - SD county does not honor for lack of better words interstate transfer if they are on PRCS. This was never mentioned to him when his counselor processed his interstate transfer.
PRCS is a new entity - always was parole and probation before.
3N releases are now know as PRCS - community/county supervision rather than state supervision. I am telling you that when your LO is released he will be returned to county of last residence.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal729 View Post

Yeah this really sucks! why give these men and women a release date if that is really not their release date. He just wants to come home and now he has to wait longer...serious BS!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:59 AM
No Regrets

Does anyone have any info on release procedures for RJD? My husband will be coming home at the end of july. Any info would be great. Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 05:24 PM
Lovin' strong... my honey

Hello,

Does anyone have any information on possible transitional facilities where the men can be released to in the San Diego county?? Any info is appreciated.

Thank You