Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MONTANA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

MONTANA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Montana - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Prison Visitation, Prison Mail & Phones, News & Information, etc.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:15 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,454 Times in 17,277 Posts
Default Montana Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information

Please use this thread to discuss any Covid -19 information including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Montana DOC has nothing on their website about suspending visits. Weird, not mention of Corona Virus at all
https://cor.mt.gov/

If anyone knows or hears anything, please update

patchouli, PTO Admin

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2020, 12:22 PM
Donation Award 

Default Crossroads Correctional Center Sheby MT

Crossroads in Shelby, MT was on lockdown yesterday. My son called today letting me know. Said they are not getting up to date information on Carona virus. He is worried in his shared cell with someone not keeping the cell clean. He is going to ask about a release until his sentencing date in May. He has some respiratory and allergy issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Please use this thread to discuss any Covid -19 information including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Montana DOC has nothing on their website about suspending visits. Weird, not mention of Corona Virus at all
https://cor.mt.gov/

If anyone knows or hears anything, please update
The Following User Says Thank You to YOGA62 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-26-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 07:57 PM
Donation Award 

2 Deaths in Toole County from Carona virus. 6 positive. Retirement center in this small population rural county. Shelby Prison there. My son says no gloves, no masks. His cell mate won't clean his sheets or cell. I told my son to clean as much as he can and stay in his cell to avoid other inmates. I am so scared for him. He has some breathing issues and bronchitis history as a child.Allergies as an adult. I hope they get the protective equipment to the prisons soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to YOGA62 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-30-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 08:32 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,454 Times in 17,277 Posts

Montana DOC now has that visits are suspended, but no Action Plan, or info on free calls etc. The homepage doesn't even mention Covid-19. How frustrating!

EDIT: I found a few articles online, here is one:

Prison, jail inmates considered for release to stop COVID-19

MISSOULA (AP) — As Montana's COVID-19 case count continues festering, state prison officials say they are taking measures to stop the coronavirus from turning prisons into incubation pods, while a coalition of Montana groups has called for the governor to begin exercising clemency for high-risk inmates.

A spokeswoman with the Montana Department of Corrections said Wednesday just one inmate had been tested for COVID-19, and the result was negative. Visitation at state corrections facilities has been suspended since March 13, the same day Montana's first positive coronavirus tests were announced.

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...19/5089566002/

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 03-30-2020 at 08:39 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
YOGA62 (04-05-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Donation Award 

Smile April 15 Update on Montana Shelby, MT CORECIVIC Crossroads Corrections

Quick update. I made several online complaints through the Governors office, two senators offices, and the USMS as well as the Warden. I sent emails through provided forms for the public. I asked why inmates were not being given masks and why they were told they had to sign a waiver of liability to get a mask (which prison has since rescinded this requirement). I was actually happily surprised that the following day after my complaints, my son told me he was finally given a mask!! About time! Should have been 6 weeks ago! Now his attorney filed a motion for his release to Home Confinement due to his several high risk factors to COVID-19 . He only has 6 weeks till sentencing but the virus is high in his town and 3 have died in the small town of 4000 people. Hoping he and all the inmates will be getting the necessary federal and state protections they all deserve.

Many other issues with lack of cleaning supplies, soap, sanitizing wipes, tissues, masks, no distancing, no checking temperatures of inmates, no screening for illness on a daily basis, unbelievable this is occurring. I hope others will consider voicing their concerns to state government agencies. They are listening in Montana and things have improved as of today!