Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:37 AM

Question Southern State visiting schedule (as of 3/31/2017)

Good morning!

The automated phone system at Southern State has not been working for me - if anyone else needs the visiting schedule (as of 3/31/2017) I will post below.

Compounds A & B
8:15 - 10 am Registration: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov (2017)
12 - 1:45 pm Registration: Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec (2017)

If anyone has further tips or information, it's always appreciated.

How early is it recommended to arrive? I've seen suggestions from 1 hour to 2-3 hours prior to registration.

How often are visitors unable to get lockers?

If I bring a book or my phone in, will there likely be a locker available?

Are there clocks easily viewed to check the time, or do I need to get my watch fixed? lol

Is it worth it to bring $5 in singles to buy extra tokens to save for future visits?

If I bring in extra change just in case I need to open my locker more than once - but then don't use the extra change - what do I do with those quarters since we can't bring any money into the visiting area?

When approaching the facility, what signs are good to look for? I have specific directions to Compound B, but not for South State and I know that it is adjacent to Bayside.

Many things are the same across all facilities, but these are just a few of the specifics I have been unable to find.

Good luck to everyone!

Nicole
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nkutassy For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-31-2017), Tina (03-31-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2020, 09:12 PM
Gia
Donation Award 

Thanks Nicole! My one and only son is waiting to be transferred to Southern state. Anything I need to know about the place
What is the difference between compound A and B and the minimum units ?