Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:39 AM

Default J.T.C Wilmer as a condition of probation??

Been 5 years since I was last here. This time with a different person and a completely different situation. I seem to remember that Firebrand might be the knower of all the things. And I appreciate any help. I am sure its simple to understand what he got sentenced to but my last situation w the TDC was not drug related and that person has never reoffended after doing 9bon 10 years

Current situation - He has been in county for 7 months. Had court yesterday. And I have not talked to him yet. I saw the court document but I don't know exactly what it means. The DA was insisting on rehab but he was not happy w that idea. He's a career criminal which is no help, and the pull of drugs is strong. The gf is both an addict and incarcerated herself right now and she definitely doesn't want him to get clean. I know he needs to make up his own mind and be responsible. I've known him since he was a little boy

Can someone help me understand the sentence and tell me what going to JTC Wilmer for a condition of parole means? I assume this is something to do with SAFP but I don't know.

PROBATED SENTENCE TO P YEARS ____ MONTHS ____ DAYS ____ MULT SENT _
PROBATED FOR YEARS ___3 MONTHS ____ DAYS ____ PROBATION START DATE 111820
SPEC COND 1 __ __________ FOR ___ _ 2 __ __________
The Following User Says Thank You to babediz30 For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (11-22-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2020, 10:45 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,659 Times in 1,826 Posts

Thanks for the kind words.....JTC Wilmer = Judge John C.Creuvzot Judicial Treatment Center, WilmerTx (,Dallas County).
He's fortunate to have this offered to him, but it is what he allows to be.....complete the program & jump through all the hoops & be patient & be humble & stay focused and all is well. For how long? 60 days? I can't remember. Some love it. Some hate it and most often the ones who hate it wind up going to prison and for much longer than they thought they would.
Aside from the monkey on his back that wants to high, his worst enemy is his girlfriend. May the force be with him.
babediz30 (11-19-2020), dtmom2013 (11-22-2020), fbopnomore (11-19-2020), LifeTraveler (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Thanks for the kind words.....JTC Wilmer = Judge John C.Creuvzot Judicial Treatment Center, WilmerTx (,Dallas County).
He's fortunate to have this offered to him, but it is what he allows to be.....complete the program & jump through all the hoops & be patient & be humble & stay focused and all is well. For how long? 60 days? I can't remember. Some love it. Some hate it and most often the ones who hate it wind up going to prison and for much longer than they thought they would.
Aside from the monkey on his back that wants to high, his worst enemy is his girlfriend. May the force be with him.
So Wilmer is SAFP right? Prison doesn't phase him or so he says. He has been in out for the last 17+ years. I was 10 and he was 8 when we first met and it is now 37 years later and this has been going on in some fashion or another for the last 29 years. He is being untruthful on so much. He gets out of prison and goes back immediately to his old friends who know him as the party boy. Getting high on the way to an NA meeting when he got out of prison this last time. The crack pipe and sledge hammer.. so many things. His parents believe him sometimed but this is not my first time through prison w anyone so I am like.. he is lying to u. His sibling gave up on him. I am very concerned about what happens next but I have zero control over it.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:46 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,137 Times in 13,836 Posts

Nothing you can do will change the outcome unless he is dedicated to giving up drugs, which doesn't sound like he has. Conning treatment providers by acting as if he is interested in their programs is not uncommon.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Nothing you can do will change the outcome unless he is dedicated to giving up drugs, which doesn't sound like he has. Conning treatment providers by acting as if he is interested in their programs is not uncommon.
Meth has a strong hold on him. I have to stay away from the situation. He doesn't like it that I came back here for help because he knows all there is to know. It is very different than my first time through the system with my other friend. I just knew he would never reoffend and he has stayed out of trouble. With little brother things are just bad and I know to my core he is lying to himself and everyone around him, me included. I am a little scared to see what rock bottom is for him because you would think career criminal and the loss of your kids would be it. But prison time is ng to him these days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babediz30 For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (11-22-2020), fbopnomore (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 02:35 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

No, this isn't SAFPT. SAFPT is state approved program. JTC Wilmer is Dallas county courts funded program. The facility is out towards Hutchins state jail and the Dallas Transitional center. If I'm not mistaken, the in patient program part of it is 60 days. After that its its group therapy/counseling once a week at .......1st step in Oak Cliff or maybe another place close to the Cotton Bowl in East Dallas. I've been to both of them in years past. They do random UAs quite a bit and have to pay high probation fees and what not. It's a lot of hoops to jump through and for some years. But......its a way to avoid prison. They actually have to show up in court to report so, with COVID and all I don't know the specifics, but it's a mini version of SAFPT on a Dallas county COURTS level and if he messes it up......he'll go to prison. That's all I can say. He has a chance though and that means something. I never had it offered to me because all my offenses were robberies. I always went directly to TDCJ. So he has a chance.
babediz30 (11-19-2020), dtmom2013 (11-22-2020), fbopnomore (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 03:13 PM

Thank you Firebrand. Totally makes more sense now. He got 6 months and 3 years of probation. He still had 2 years of probation on his last sentence.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:34 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

I think he's better off going this route than back to prison. It gives him a chance to work through the problem instead of being locked up for it. It's harder work than prison, but it's better work. He can do it or he can fail. I've done both and I'd rather be out here trying to stay clean than I would be back in a set of prison whites wondering when and if I'd ever get another chance.
He sounds like me in the sense that he's been doing this for a long time and it may be that he simply doesn't believe in himself just now, but fear is a great motivator and it can get someone moving in the right direction. Fear won't last forever, though.
Don't let it overwhelm you. Whatever happens, happens and it's not on you to be anything other than yourself. Happy Thanksgiving.
babediz30 (11-19-2020), fbopnomore (11-19-2020), LifeTraveler (11-19-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 07:07 PM

How long does it take the blue warrant to lift so he can be sent to Wilmer?? I guess that's what its called. I dunno. That is what he calls it. He has a hold for the parole violation and a hold for 11/18 for Wilmer. I am trying to figure out how long this could take.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:11 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Usually, the parole division will wait to see what in the outcome to do with a new felony charge before a blue warrant is dealt with. In this day in time, its not unusual to see someone on both parole and probation. So, I would think his parole officer is keeping tabs on the situation and if things work out differently than what we hope for then, they'll let him know why.
babediz30 (11-29-2020)