Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 11-22-2020, 01:40 AM

Default Video visits

Got this from another place

More details:
We just learned from CDCR that video calls will be starting at five institutions (CIM, San Quentin SP, CCWF, Valley SP, Mule Creek SP) beginning Thanksgiving weekend and at the rest of CDCR facilities by January 1.
Signups at the five institutions start this Saturday at 8 am and continue through Monday at 8am for video calls that will take place the next Saturday and Sunday beginning at 8:30 am. Unfortunately, you cannot request a particular day or time slot. You will receive an email acknowledging your request for a video call. This signup procedure will continue every weekend for the indefinite future.
On Mondays, a scheduler will verify that you are an approved visitor and will assign callers to half-hour slots the following weekend according to capacity. There will be several video call stations in each facility. Calls will be scheduled for half hour slots and the stations will be sanitized during the following half hour. If you are if scheduled for a call you will receive an email with the date and time of your scheduled call and a link to connect to the call. You can download the Webex app or use your browser or mobile device to access the call.
Calls will be monitored but not recorded. You must have photo ID to display during the call in order for a monitor to verify your identify and allow the call to go forward. You should sign on 5 minutes early. You will probably be allowed to bring other people onto the call as long as they are not prohibited from visiting the incarcerated person. All calls are free of charge. Incarcerated people are limited to one video call per month, but CDCR cannot guarantee that all incarcerated people who want calls will get one each month. People in the hole or SHU will be allowed video calls as long as their visiting privileges have not otherwise been suspended or revoked.
CDCR said it expects to launch the same video call program at each CDCR facility by January 1. This video call program is designed for the period when in-person visits are not permitted and may or may not continue as a supplement to in-person visiting once in-person visits are once again allowed.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2020, 05:21 AM
wifey

how does this work for people overseas my husband was telling me about this but they can use phones as well
Old 11-22-2020, 08:24 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,113 Times in 16,544 Posts

I can see this being a cluster you know what. I hope Im wrong.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:27 AM
wifey

i cant see this working on dr they are handcuffed everywhere they go they are not getting the information right for this my husband said they were not going to get visits it would be done by video link wrong information give out
Old 11-22-2020, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,490 Times in 3,238 Posts

https://visitorreservations.cdcr.ca.gov/

Instructions for video visits
Old 11-27-2020, 03:16 AM

Their doin video visits this Saturday & yes DR inmates are handcuffed everywhere they go but the CO's are supposed to still take them to the cages to do the 30min visits. They send you the link to do the visits but you have to have the app to do the visits