Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc

Old 07-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Default Contraband

So my fiance asked me to bring k2 in a balloon in my braw so i did I dont know why because thats not him so I did and he got caught with it they asked me to leave said his visit was terminated didnt search my person or car said call Monday here it is Monday and no one will tell me anything I finally talked to someone ans they said its under investigation I'm sure he told them I had nothing to do with it it. Will we lose visits forever or just a little bit I'm grown so I know right from wrong yes dont need to hear it I did it because he would have never asked if something wasnt up and now i worry will someone retaliate ? Please help
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,629 Posts

You will probably be banned forever. You could also still face outside charges. It is far from over. I would contact an attorney just in case.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-08-2019), patchouli (07-08-2019), yourself (07-10-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 01:29 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,361 Times in 16,291 Posts

Hi Hnpc2019, welcome to PTO I'd like to add: Please do not discuss anything on the phone or in your letters.....both will be scrutinized by DOC. Also, there is no privilege between you & anyone else except your attorney. Good luck to you....let us know how things turn out.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-08-2019), yourself (07-10-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,069 Times in 4,608 Posts

I would not discuss this with anyone other than an attorney. It may be you will face charges and so itís important you get legal advice

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,291 Posts
Default Contraband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnpc2019 View Post
So my fiance asked me to bring k2 in a balloon in my braw so i did I dont know why because thats not him so I did and he got caught with it they asked me to leave said his visit was terminated didnt search my person or car said call Monday here it is Monday and no one will tell me anything I finally talked to someone ans they said its under investigation I'm sure he told them I had nothing to do with it it. Will we lose visits forever or just a little bit I'm grown so I know right from wrong yes dont need to hear it I did it because he would have never asked if something wasnt up and now i worry will someone retaliate ? Please help

I donít know about how Kansasís system specifically works but the reality is that he is about to lose all visits for at least a period of time. You wonít be able to visit during any investigation for sure and probably beyond that, especially if it links back to you. If he does regain visits with you expect to be heavily scrutinized from now on.

I went through something similar (except I did not bring it in) and she lost visits of any sort for an entire year. This was in California. The point is: there are consequences. He could pick up new charges. If they figure out and can prove you brought it in YOU could face charges

Retaliation from inmates is unlikely (unless he already owed a debt) because situations like this are the cost of doing business. In fact, if an inmate had it out for him, ratting him out could have been retaliation already for something else.

Donít assume you know everything about him. They all keep secrets. All of them. Especially if youíre already saying that this isnít like him.

Good luck.....

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by missingdee; 07-08-2019 at 02:40 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-08-2019), safran (07-08-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 11:04 PM

I spoke with him today and he told me they charged him with battery on a co because they said he shut the door in theyre hand and dangerous contraband even though they found nothing but the co is saying he saw him flush something the co also before all this asked him to pull out his pockets so he did and then take off his belt and he did undo his shirt he did then told him take off his clothes and he said when they called rank he would but the co refused said he could handle it and so my husband refused to take his clothes off with only him there so hes still in the hole and theyve taken all visitation maybe i should get an attorney and fight this
Old 07-10-2019, 06:04 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,315 Times in 12,857 Posts

An attorney won't help unless the State prosecutor files new criminal charges, which would be much worse. COs always win conduct cases, so the best thing he can do is serve his punishment, and avoid future charges. He will also be targeted because he injured a CO, so his future in there is much more troublesome.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:59 AM

That co had nothing wrong with his hand he walked out with no injuries or he would have went to medical
Old 07-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,463 Times in 1,857 Posts

I'm no expert on all the prison(-inside)-stuff but I think you should wait until you actually hear something. Some charges will be filed and some decisions will be made (as to visitation I suppose).
I'd wait until you actually have it in front of you written out. Then you can make the decision if you want to hire a lawyer. It now requires a lot of patience and faith that it will work out for the best but you need to sit tight for a bit longer...
missingdee (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnpc2019 View Post
That co had nothing wrong with his hand he walked out with no injuries or he would have went to medical

Thatís not going to matter, fair or not, because if the CO says it happened and others say it happened and only your fiancť contradicts it, it will be very difficult to prove otherwise.

If COís are messing with him like this, my guess is that there is more going on that he is not telling you about. (And if that is the case itís possible that he CANíT tell you about it.) I might be wrong, but it seems unlikely a CO is going to risk their job like that just because.

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,315 Times in 12,857 Posts

The problem for him is if he is found guilty of battery on a CO, regardless if the CO was injured or not. The contraband charge will impact his future visits too, including how much scrutiny the visitors will undergo.

Don't ever admit to anything illegal you may have done; on the internet, phone or in letters. Too late this time, but it puts you at risk of catching criminal charges, and the possibility of becoming an inmate yourself.