Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:53 AM

Default No letters from my Husband The past 2 weeks!

My husband was writing me since June and the last letter I got from him was on July 3rd .... He was writting consistently until then in which I still haven’t heard from him ...I’m very worried something happened to him he’s in the B unit ... I even called to find out if maybe they transferred him to another cell or he was taken to the hospital but records told me he was still in the same cell..... And no hospital trip..This is really not like him to not write me even if he was mad at me I would have gotten an angry letter but no word at all only complete silence like he just went ghost on me...Please anyone do you have any answers to why I haven’t heard from my husband? Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2019, 05:53 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,881 Times in 15,417 Posts

Anything is possible. Could be due to fewer staff due to holiday (vacation time for some so maybe the process is taking longer) out of paper or stamps/envelopes, or maybe he's just bummed out and does not want to write?
Im sorry you have not heard from him.
Have you written to ask? I know it takes longer for our mail to get to them, than it does for theirs to get to us......
But really anything is possible....I hope you hear soon

That's my dog's nose art

Old 07-16-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood8978 View Post
My husband was writing me since June and the last letter I got from him was on July 3rd .... He was writting consistently until then in which I still havenít heard from him ...Iím very worried something happened to him heís in the B unit ... I even called to find out if maybe they transferred him to another cell or he was taken to the hospital but records told me he was still in the same cell..... And no hospital trip..This is really not like him to not write me even if he was mad at me I would have gotten an angry letter but no word at all only complete silence like he just went ghost on me...Please anyone do you have any answers to why I havenít heard from my husband? Is this normal?
Where is he serving his time and at what level of security? He may be in segregation for some reason and as a result is on able to communicate with you. I donít know how the inner workings play out in a situation like This But I would think if there was a major problem the BOP would have notified you. I am soon heading to federal prison and Iím trying to find out the same things in the event I am not able to communicate with people outside prison
Old 07-16-2019, 07:28 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,881 Times in 15,417 Posts

Not sure how the bop deal with stuff but my guess is it is similar to state prison.
State prison will not notify you of anything unless you are dead.

If he was moved she could check the inmate locator to see if his housing changed.....(Im not entirely sure if he was being punished for something and went ad seg if that would show or not. They didnt have that when my hub was in, plus he never got into any trouble)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 07-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,730 Times in 2,063 Posts

My LO was at Wasco for little over a year and the mail was sporadic - sometimes it was okay but then at other times the letters would take weeks....He's elsewhere now (has been for nearly two months) but there's still one letter he never received at WSP.

I guess my approach is that it is 'normal'... Of course I don't know for a fact what's up with your husband and his yard, but my initial reaction would be that the mail just sucks right now. Hang in there!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (07-16-2019)