Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CVSP Visitation & Dress Code Thread

If itís about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here.
This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM

I'm trying to make an appointment to visit my boyfriend... I think he's in ASU. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at the prison visiting. I was wondering, do I have to make my appointments a week in advance? If so, is there a specific day or time I have to call?
Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 PM

Hows the dress code here??
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM

Default Tranferring

so my man was put up to transfer to chuckawalla from ironwood. can anyone tell me what to expect as far as visiting. are they strict? ironwood was pretty strict in certain aspects so im trying to get a feel before we get there. thanks!!

The greatest lesson you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return!

Missing my Squishy!!!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:39 PM

Default Chuckawalla valley state prison dress code

Im new to this page so still trying to figure out how it works its pretty confusing.
I have a question to anyone who knows about the dress code at chuckawalla it'll be my first visit and im so confused to what kind of pants to wear. Are sweats aloud? Im not even worried about looking sexy just trying to get in any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2014, 03:49 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,952 Times in 7,347 Posts

Welcome to PTO! I have moved your thread over to this forum where you will probably get more answers to your questions. I did find this link online after a search that might help.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:55 PM
kEiTh'S wIfEy

Hey girl, there's not much activity here I was asking the same question cause some prisons are less strict than others 😞
Quote:
Originally Posted by gialove View Post
Im new to this page so still trying to figure out how it works its pretty confusing.
I have a question to anyone who knows about the dress code at chuckawalla it'll be my first visit and im so confused to what kind of pants to wear. Are sweats aloud? Im not even worried about looking sexy just trying to get in any suggestions?
Old 11-25-2015, 01:40 PM
~TRISTE"S WIFE FOREVER~

Default Visiting question any info will help 😊

My husband just got to chuckawalla yesterday and I was just wondering if u have to make an apt to visit and if so is there a number I call or are they doing the VPASS over there ? Thank u ladies 😉
Old 04-11-2016, 07:32 PM

Default 1st time to visit at chuckies

Can anyone give me an insight into the lining up outside when you go to visit. This will be my first time to visit at Chuckawalla. I made an appt at 945 am. At our old prison we would just drive in to the parking lot 15 minutes early and stand outside until the guy yelled 945 apptontments and then go in(valley state prison). I read somewhere that you line up in your cars here. Any ones who's done this before if you could just give me a quick rundown on what to expect I would appreciate it. Thanks I'm one of those people who like to know ahead of time what to expect .
Old 04-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchmisery4me View Post
Can anyone give me an insight into the lining up outside when you go to visit. This will be my first time to visit at Chuckawalla. I made an appt at 945 am. At our old prison we would just drive in to the parking lot 15 minutes early and stand outside until the guy yelled 945 apptontments and then go in(valley state prison). I read somewhere that you line up in your cars here. Any ones who's done this before if you could just give me a quick rundown on what to expect I would appreciate it. Thanks I'm one of those people who like to know ahead of time what to expect .

Hey girl its pretty standard , usually they yelled out the time of the appointments , I visit nxt door ( ironwood ) actually my hubby just got endorsed to chuckawalla oh n u don't have to line up ur cars. You just drive up. good luck I might be bugging u soon to ask how visits are there
Old 04-12-2016, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the info. I plan on going this weekend i think it should be just about the same as VSP then.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:15 AM

Default Easy visiting proccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchmisery4me View Post
After parking, you walk into the building for processing. There are usually less than 10 people in the line. The officer will take your reservation information, input it in the computer, and give you a number to go to the next line. At the second line you will take off your shoes and put any other removable items in the bin before walking through the scanner. Once on the other side, you will get a stamp on the inside of your wrist and get your shoes and belongings back. You walk out the door to the gate that leads to the yards... A/B to the left, all the others to the right. The officers are very professional throughout the whole process. Expect it to take less than 10 minutes. Enjoy your visit.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to magicaljazz2 For This Useful Post:
2muchmisery4me (04-14-2016), LOVINGBREED (04-18-2016), sidewalker (04-16-2016), thinktoomuch (07-08-2017)
Old 04-18-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaljazz View Post
After parking, you walk into the building for processing. There are usually less than 10 people in the line. The officer will take your reservation information, input it in the computer, and give you a number to go to the next line. At the second line you will take off your shoes and put any other removable items in the bin before walking through the scanner. Once on the other side, you will get a stamp on the inside of your wrist and get your shoes and belongings back. You walk out the door to the gate that leads to the yards... A/B to the left, all the others to the right. The officers are very professional throughout the whole process. Expect it to take less than 10 minutes. Enjoy your visit.
hola. my hubby will be trandfering there this coming wednesday can u tell me how the phone call works do they need to sign up n how many times a day can he call me ? hows the dress code there , everyprison has there own rules thx
Old 04-19-2016, 06:09 PM

Default Phone calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINGBREED View Post
hola. my hubby will be trandfering there this coming wednesday can u tell me how the phone call works do they need to sign up n how many times a day can he call me ? hows the dress code there , everyprison has there own rules thx
Hola! There is a phone sign up list, but anyone can use the phone if it is open. There is no limit if it is available. Officers turn the phones on at 7:00 am (sometimes earlier) and off at 11:00 (later on the weekends). Same dress code rules apply here.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaljazz2 View Post
Hola! There is a phone sign up list, but anyone can use the phone if it is open. There is no limit if it is available. Officers turn the phones on at 7:00 am (sometimes earlier) and off at 11:00 (later on the weekends). Same dress code rules apply here.
OH WOW ! as early as 7 am n late as 11 his going to love dat lol thanks
Old 05-24-2016, 08:51 PM

Talking Can i wear dark blue jeans for a visit?

Hi! My honey is in Chuckawalla Prison in Blythe and I'm going to visit him in 2 weeks. Can i wear dark blue jeans? The visiting dress code guidelines doesn't really tell me anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,671 Times in 8,028 Posts

Hopefully someone can come along with recent experience, but I wouldn't try it. The CDCR dress code prohibits blue jeans and every facility I've been to is pretty set on that. They too closely resemble the pants inmates wear.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleishacorona View Post
Hi! My honey is in Chuckawalla Prison in Blythe and I'm going to visit him in 2 weeks. Can i wear dark blue jeans? The visiting dress code guidelines doesn't really tell me anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

hi it all depends on the CO who's processing , just t be on safe side bring extra cloth with you , good luck
Old 05-26-2016, 08:30 AM

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to aleishacorona For This Useful Post:
LOVINGBREED (05-26-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 04:33 PM

Default First Time

Hi ladies,

My bf just got moved to Chuckawalla last week. We are planning on going to visit him at the end of the month however I am not sure what the dress code is. I know when we were at a different prison we were allowed to wear blue jeans even though the handbook said we weren't. We were also allowed to wear tank tops or summer dresses as long as we had a sweater over our shoulders etc.

Also, we used money cards for the vending machines etc. is that something that CVSP does too?

Are we allowed to kiss when we see eachother? Sit next to each other?

Any information you can provide will be great.

Thank you!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:15 AM

Smile Dress Code

I just visited for the 1st time last weekend.... You are allowed to wear summer dresses as long as its not spaghetti straps or a halter even with a sweater they wont let you in with those. You can not wear any blue jeans or white t-shirts. I had a red shirt but she could see my tank top underneath and she made me change TWICE! The vending machines only take cash or coins and you can only take singles or quarters but they have a change machine where you check in. You can kiss before and after the visit and you can sit next to each other depending on where he is. Where my man is its a small visiting room with a little tv a microwave 3 vending machines and board games and coloring books for kids. Where are you coming from? I go every 2 weeks and i live in phoenix..... Let me know if you need more info. I hope that helps
Old 06-07-2016, 09:23 AM

Default More Questions

Thank you aleishacorona!!

So you are not allowed to wear anything spaghetti strapped. There goes my whole closet . No white shirts? Thank you for explaining to me the issue you had with the CO seeing your tank top under your shirt. I think ever shirt you purchase now days is a little see through so that is going to be a bit difficult as well.

Are you allowed to wear black jeans as long as they are black?

Did you visit both days, and did you have issues both days with your clothing.

My bf is in pod A not sure if that gives any info on where he will be visiting.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:07 AM

Yea, no plain white shirts...weird because their shirts are light blue....I did go both day and on both days she gave me a problem. the 1st day i wore a dress with a sweater and she said no spaghetti straps. I ended up wearing black jeans on both days. The 2nd day i had to borrow a black shirt from the visitors trailer that was gross lol but i had nothing else to wear. How do you find out what pod they are in? I saw people go in with sweats and some skirts but they cant be short. They have to be like right below the knee.

I took my son and he had on camo shorts and she was going to make him change and he is only 5! One of the other cops told her she was doing too much so she let him go in.
The Following User Says Thank You to aleishacorona For This Useful Post:
brina9772 (05-25-2017)
Old 06-08-2016, 09:48 PM

Hope you have a great visit. If you wear sandals this prison mandates that they have a strap on the back . Had to go all the way to Blythe to buy new shoes for my daughter. Never had that problem at the old prison.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:38 PM

Can anyone tell me how long it takes go get approved to visit please.