Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:29 PM

Default 1st offense manslaughter: Will he be on max? Will he be sent to Parchman?

Hello, my son is 19 he was just sentenced to 8 yrs for manslaughter first timer. Not mandatory. I know the law says they must do 50% of their time. But is Parole giving them the 30/30 and letting them parole out prior to that?? Anyone please help me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2020, 10:41 PM

Default Are they shipping inmates to Parchman while under investigation

Hello, my son is 19 yrs old just sentenced to 8 yrs for manslaughter due to a car accident. first timer in MDOC. County of conviction Desoto. Will he be on max? Will he be sent to Parchman? I’m a nervous wreck! Wondering how he will be classified. I’m not seeing any recent classification forums on here about cmcf. Also Will his charge disqualify him to be sent to one of those community work centers? Even though it was an accident yet the charge is considered “violent” I need answers pleeeeaaaaseee!!!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Old 02-08-2020, 04:30 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,920 Times in 13,725 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Be sure to check the Mississippi forums for answers.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151

There has been major trouble for MDOC recently because of the deplorable conditions, especially at Parchman, There is even talk of closing that terrible prison, so I hope your son benefits from the disclosures about how MS purposely abuses its prisoners.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:54 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,569 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusFlowerFire View Post
Hello, my son is 19 yrs old just sentenced to 8 yrs for manslaughter due to a car accident. first timer in MDOC. County of conviction Desoto. Will he be on max? Will he be sent to Parchman? I’m a nervous wreck! Wondering how he will be classified. I’m not seeing any recent classification forums on here about cmcf. Also Will his charge disqualify him to be sent to one of those community work centers? Even though it was an accident yet the charge is considered “violent” I need answers pleeeeaaaaseee!!!! ������������
From this point on in your son's life you need to change your perspective and the lens that you see through, LotusFlowerFire. I say this to you as his mother and the role you play. It's important to take to heart the "from here on out" realities and what matters most on your end.

1. What's done is done concerning the crime he committed and the sentence
he is faced with.
His course to follow has been laid out until further notice.

2. No one can change what goes on with regard to where he is or the obstacles that
come along. His experience will not be so different from others before him as well
as others that will follow him. Prison is prison.

3. Who are you in all of this? What is your role? You are a soothing voice in the midst
of chaos and drama. You're a warm fire on a cold day. You're a cool place to dwell
when it's too hot. You're the sane part of his existence in a seemingly insane experience.
At the end of the day, all you can do is to play your part well. You are his mother....be the
best mom that you can be in the sense of offering a calm, soothing hand that is steady and
true. And you can do this, dear. You're his mom and mom's are just like that.

4. The thing that messes us up on this side of the razor wire is the fact that on many days
we can't change or make a difference or control what happens to someone we love in there
and because of that we feel as though we're sitting on the sidelines as spectators in an event that
often times appears to be a losing effort. We can become a type of "victim" without knowing it and
often it is said that the loved ones out here in the free world are doing time just like one of us on the inside.
If that's true then, there's something to be said about the way you do your time and what you do with the
time you're doing. Spend your time and do your time as a steady hand, a confident die hard mother who
simply possesses that quality which motherhood empbraces " we're going to get through this and we're going
to be fine. I 'm here for you as best I can be and I'm always with you in spirit. I'm your mother and you will
never be alone in this world"

And that needs to be the place from which you dwell and draw your strength & efforts. Getting mad at the warden,
getting mad at anyone or anything from here on out......let that be for others, but you are the voice of reason, sanity and
a sense of calm in his life from here on out. That's his greatest need from everyone and anyone on this side of the razor wire,
but no one does those things better than you mom. You go girl.

Last edited by Firebrand; 02-08-2020 at 06:15 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
Califam19 (02-09-2020), fbopnomore (02-09-2020), Lesliezack (02-08-2020), patchouli (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 12:04 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,140 Times in 17,135 Posts

Hi LotusFlowerFire, I've moved your post and the replies to it to your thread in the Mississippi forum This is where you'll find state / facility specific information. All members are not on everyday, so keep checking here for replies.

You'll be needing some moral & emotional support while on this journey....there are many other parents on PTO that know & understand all the emotions & concerns that come with having a child in prison: Parents with Children in Prison

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-08-2020, 04:17 PM
a Realist NOT an enabler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
From this point on in your son's life you need to change your perspective and the lens that you see through, LotusFlowerFire. I say this to you as his mother and the role you play. It's important to take to heart the "from here on out" realities and what matters most on your end.

he is faced with.

2. No one can change what goes on with regard to where he is or the obstacles that
come along. His experience will not be so different from others before him as well

3. Who are you in all of this? What is your role? You are a soothing voice in the midst
of chaos and drama. You're a warm fire on a cold day. You're a cool place to dwell
when it's too hot. You're the sane part of his existence in a seemingly insane experience.
At the end of the day, all you can do is to play your part well. You are his mother....be the
best mom that you can be in the sense of offering a calm, soothing hand that is steady and

4. The thing that messes us up on this side of the razor wire is the fact that on many days
we can't change or make a difference or control what happens to someone we love in there
and because of that we feel as though we're sitting on the sidelines as spectators in an event that
often times appears to be a losing effort. We can become a type of "victim" without knowing it and
often it is said that the loved ones out here in the free world are doing time just like one of us on the inside.
If that's true then, there's something to be said about the way you do your time and what you do with the
time you're doing. Spend your time and do your time as a steady hand, a confident die hard mother who
simply possesses that quality which motherhood empbraces " we're going to get through this and we're going
to be fine. I 'm here for you as best I can be and I'm always with you in spirit. I'm your mother and you will

And that needs to be the place from which you dwell and draw your strength & efforts. Getting mad at the warden,
getting mad at anyone or anything from here on out......let that be for others, but you are the voice of reason, sanity and
a sense of calm in his life from here on out. That's his greatest need from everyone and anyone on this side of the razor wire,
What a great post. ❤️
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lesliezack For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-08-2020), Firebrand (02-08-2020), patchouli (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 11:04 PM

Thank you 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post

he is faced with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LotusFlowerFire For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-09-2020), patchouli (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 11:09 PM

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to LotusFlowerFire For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-09-2020)