Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:06 PM

We haven't heard from my son again today. Have any of you heard from yours? Wonder if they're back on lockdown. NEVERMIND he called from his tablet and said they were coming off lockdown. again............

Last edited by mom6868; 11-11-2017 at 08:53 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom6868 View Post
We haven't heard from my son again today. Have any of you heard from yours? Wonder if they're back on lockdown. NEVERMIND he called from his tablet and said they were coming off lockdown. again............
Glad you heard from him. I think it was probably just a change of shift lockdown. I've talked to my son several times in the last couple days. The reception on the tablets is pretty bad and the lines for the regular phones are long. Although they are on a modified lockdown of sorts, they are still free to roam their pods.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 PM

My son's telling me rumor has it they're going back on lockdown on Monday. I think he said the east side's on lockdown and he's on the west and they're anticipating going on lockdown again. Somebody really needs to get that place under control.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:31 PM

Thank you for the heads up. I haven't heard from my son since last night but he didn't mention it. I can not believe they are going on lockdown again. Hopefully it don't happen.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:23 AM

I heard from my son last night too he said the same thing all we can do is pray it will end soon.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:45 AM

I really hope the DOC takes measures to get this place under control. They're private and make money off these inmates while not running an acceptable facility. It sounds like they don't hire guards that are well qualified, don't take measures to control the gang and drug activity. My son takes a medication and sometimes he doesn't get it until 2:00 am. I realize it's prison and they're inmates, but they're not animals and this isn't the dark ages. It sounds like this stuff has been going on a long time at Crowley, and probably won't change much but if we, as family of the inmates aren't proactive they have no one to speak for them. Makes me so angry. The system is so broken all across the country. Let's hope they stay out of it in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to mom6868 For This Useful Post:
saoirse1 (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 07:28 PM

I just talked to my son who’s on the east side & is not on lockdown. He hasn’t heard anything about a lockdown starting. He did say he heard they’re letting the gang members out on Tuesday & they’re anticipating trouble then. We’ll see which prison rumors hold up, if any... this is really a crappy experience, how do people handle this for years on end?
Old 11-19-2017, 08:27 PM

I don't know how they handle it. I talked to my son today and he heard too that they're letting "them" out on the 28th, so apparently when he heard the east side that wasn't right. And maybe he's found out differently since he first said that. I've told him again and again how proud I am for how well he's handling this. I feel bad for somebody that's early 20's. That has to be even scarier. They're on my mind every day. My son was supposed to be reclassified on the 11th and that hasn't happened yet. We're hoping he'll go to a minimum security facility. Prayers for everyone!
Old 12-09-2017, 06:54 PM

Hi hope all is well, just wanted to say through this Holiday Season, its tough for me as Im sure it is with all of you. I want to be so happy and joyful but its like Im forcing the cheer some days. I know I need to stay strong, I got a pic of my son that he took and he looks so handsome, Im blessed to now have it every time I open my phone or look on my shelf where I put him, I’m glad to have him here with me as well as talk to him when he calls. I know this may be Gods plan for him and need to stay strong so Im sending this out to all of you who go through this as well, its so comforting to have you all to talk to and know God is taking care of our boys! God bless you all and your family have a Merrry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Last edited by Phoenix88; 12-09-2017 at 06:56 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix88 For This Useful Post:
somom (12-13-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 07:33 PM

Good to hear from you! Things are going pretty well with my son lately so it's a little less worrisome. He has a cellmate now that he gets along with pretty well which helps. We have also talked about the fact that he thinks it had to come to this for him to decide to change his life. We are strong believers of God's plan too. The holidays are harder, but I try to keep it all in perspective. It's been a year now since the incident that put him where he is and he's come so far since then. I'm hoping they're paying more attention to keeping things under control at Crowley. Saying a prayer for you and your son, Phoenix. God bless you both.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom6868 View Post
Good to hear from you! Things are going pretty well with my son lately so it's a little less worrisome. He has a cellmate now that he gets along with pretty well which helps. We have also talked about the fact that he thinks it had to come to this for him to decide to change his life. We are strong believers of God's plan too. The holidays are harder, but I try to keep it all in perspective. It's been a year now since the incident that put him where he is and he's come so far since then. I'm hoping they're paying more attention to keeping things under control at Crowley. Saying a prayer for you and your son, Phoenix. God bless you both.
Thank You for the prayers he is doing well and has a great friend in there too, I just miss him so much I can only visit him once a year because I’m in another state that is whats so hard If we still lived there I would visit every week he would get tired of me lol . I am so glad your son is doing better its nice when they find someone that are shooting for the same goals it makes it so much easier. My son said the same thing about having to come to this to change his life, sometimes they need to reach that point in their life to open a reality check and know they need to move forward in their life to be successful and having friends with the same goal is a blessing God has put in front of them to help ease their journey. I hope they keep things under control In that facility as well man it gets crazy in there. Saying a prayer for you and your son to that he continues to be strong and for the encouragement you give him. God Bless you both
Old 12-13-2017, 08:48 PM

GREAT NEWS!! I got visits approved for this weekend AND next week!! I have never been able to visit my son yet because every time I get a visit scheduled something goes wrong. I’m hoping like crazy it works out this time!

Those of you who have visited Crowley before, can you provide any advice? Best time to show up, how long I can stay? Do they have board games etc? I’m so nervous! Friday’s the day.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix88 View Post
Hi hope all is well, just wanted to say through this Holiday Season, its tough for me as Im sure it is with all of you. I want to be so happy and joyful but its like Im forcing the cheer some days. I know I need to stay strong, I got a pic of my son that he took and he looks so handsome, Im blessed to now have it every time I open my phone or look on my shelf where I put him, Iím glad to have him here with me as well as talk to him when he calls. I know this may be Gods plan for him and need to stay strong so Im sending this out to all of you who go through this as well, its so comforting to have you all to talk to and know God is taking care of our boys! God bless you all and your family have a Merrry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks for the Christmas wishes, Phoenix! Itís definitely not the way I ever wanted to spend the holidays, wishing my son were here instead of there. Feeling terrible for what heíll face in there instead of our warm beautiful celebrations out here. Ugg... I donít know how not to agonize. I guess we can all feel better knowing our sons have our support & Love & surely they feel it.
Have the merriest Christmas you can.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somom View Post
GREAT NEWS!! I got visits approved for this weekend AND next week!! I have never been able to visit my son yet because every time I get a visit scheduled something goes wrong. Iím hoping like crazy it works out this time!

Those of you who have visited Crowley before, can you provide any advice? Best time to show up, how long I can stay? Do they have board games etc? Iím so nervous! Fridayís the day.
I know how exciting visitation approval is! I also know- I wish someone had explained the process to me before I went the first time. They start processing visitors at 8:15AM. Visitation is from 8:30 - 3:30PM. You may stay the entire time. Make sure you read the dress code rules posted on the Crowley website. If you are not appropriately attired, you will be denied. You are not allowed to take anything in with you. Leave everything -cell phone included - in the car. Take only your ID and 5 dollar bills. There are vending machines in the visitation area. You purchase items with a white card that you may obtain in the vestibule. The machine for the white cards ONLY takes 5 dollar bills! So bring those with you as you can't get change there. Items for purchase are expensive. Drinks are $2 and up. The real food items vary. Think $5 per item and you will be fine. When you arrive at the facility, there is first a double locked gate entry. There is a call box. Push the button and they will ask why you are there - "visitation" is all you need to say Then you walk into the vestibule where the white card machine is located. The lobby is next. Once in the lobby, there is a counter to the right. There is a visitation form there you need to fill out. You will need to provide the make, model, color and tag information for the vehicle in which you arrived, the inmate's DOC#, as well as your ID information. Take that form and your ID to the window. They will keep your ID and give you a lock for a locker. There is a sign in sheet at the window to fill in. Put your things in the locker. Make sure you do not have anything on your person except the white card, if you choose to get one. No chewing gum even in your mouth Oh yeah...go to the bathroom! Currently you have to go out to the lobby to use the facilities, so that will buy you a few hours. Next you go through the metal detector. Take your shoes off, place them on the conveyor and walk through. You will then be frisked by a CO. They will ask to see the palms of your hands, the inside of your mouth, ask you to pull your bra away from the center of your body, you will then turn around, put your arms out and they will frisk you, then you show them the bottoms of your feet and you are done. Put your shoes on and go to the door. There is a call button to push. After you push it, you will hear the click when the door is unlocked. Step through and repeat for the second door. You are now in! Proceed to the stand and check in with the CO's. They will assign you to a table. The tables are numbered. You must sit across from the person you are visiting. He sits in the maroon chair. It's also a good idea to buy your food early as they do sell out of many items quickly. Enjoy your visit! Once the visit is over, the lockers will be unlocked. Take your lock to the window and retrieve your ID. I recommend taking a visitation form with you when you leave. That way you can fill it out prior to the next visit, make copies, etc. I hope you find this information helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDM001 For This Useful Post:
somom (12-14-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 09:04 AM

Sorry, forgot to say - yes they have board games
somom (12-14-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 05:32 PM

Thank you, thank you JDM001! Sooo helpful! Through this nightmare there have been a few shining stars like you & the others on this board. I greatly appreciate the kindness.

Someone told me when he was at DRDC that sometimes they fill up & the first person in winds up having to leave early so those that come later (after the room is full) can still have a visit. Is that the case here? If so, I may go in a little later so I’m not the first one in & the one who has to leave. I never did get to see him there, one issue after another so I’m hoping like crazy that nothing goes wrong before tomorrow.

Hoping they have a peaceful night - no lockdowns!!
Old 12-14-2017, 07:54 PM

You will be allowed to stay for the entire visitation time. They only schedule 45 tables since they implemented the 5 day visitation schedule. There is no first come, first out any longer at Crowley. You do need to arrive by 9:30 in order to get in prior to count or wait until 11. The CDOC web site states the visitation policy for Crowley. You should read it. The information on the Core Civic page has not been updated, BUT that is where you will find the dress code policy. Have a great visit
somom (12-14-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 PM

Thanks again! I’ve read it but lost trust in what I see because there have been so many bumps in the road. I haven’t seen my son for 6 months in part because of all the misinformation. I’m sure this visit will be great.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:32 AM

Hi all, just wanted to take the time to wish you all a Happy New Year! I pray that each and every one of you and your loved ones have a blessed 2018.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romom For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-11-2018), somom (12-31-2017)
Old 01-10-2018, 01:37 PM

Crowley was the last facility I was in before being paroled and it is very true that the place sucks but I can also tell you that it can be worse. Tell your loves ones to stay as far away from the gangs as they can and NEVER owe anyone for anything. Keep to yourself and dont ruffle any feathers and you will be good. The case managers suck, trying to talk to one is like trying to win the lottery and even after you corner them somewhere having them actually do what you needed them to do is hit or miss.
I made the mistake of telling a DOC auditor the truth about my situation and as soon as she walked out of the unit I was called into the sergeants office where I was told that she could help me but would make every effort possible to make sure that no one in that facility did anything to help me with my situation because I have a big mouth!

Make sure that your loved ones are doing everything they can to get back out of prison! I know it sounds crazy but there are a lot of people who don't apply for Community Corrections and a lot of inmates will tell them not to do it because its a "set up". While I do agree that the program is built to work against you ITS FREEDOM!!! You get more earned time and the worst thing that can happen is they send you back to prison, APPLY!!!!

You should also do whatever you can to make parole, I am on parole now and its a different world, its not as hard as one would think. In Colorado once you make parole your prison sentence is DONE and there is nothing that they can ever do to take that away from you. Of course if you mess up parole they can send you to prison to finish the parole portion of your sentence however Colorado has made it extremely hard for parole officers to do that. I don't have trouble on parole, dont cause them work and they will leave you alone. It never seems like they are trying to find something that I am doing wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CDOCoffender For This Useful Post:
saoirse1 (01-24-2018), somom (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 01:23 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDOCoffender View Post
Crowley was the last facility I was in before being paroled and it is very true that the place sucks but I can also tell you that it can be worse. Tell your loves ones to stay as far away from the gangs as they can and NEVER owe anyone for anything. Keep to yourself and dont ruffle any feathers and you will be good. The case managers suck, trying to talk to one is like trying to win the lottery and even after you corner them somewhere having them actually do what you needed them to do is hit or miss.
I made the mistake of telling a DOC auditor the truth about my situation and as soon as she walked out of the unit I was called into the sergeants office where I was told that she could help me but would make every effort possible to make sure that no one in that facility did anything to help me with my situation because I have a big mouth!

Make sure that your loved ones are doing everything they can to get back out of prison! I know it sounds crazy but there are a lot of people who don't apply for Community Corrections and a lot of inmates will tell them not to do it because its a "set up". While I do agree that the program is built to work against you ITS FREEDOM!!! You get more earned time and the worst thing that can happen is they send you back to prison, APPLY!!!!

You should also do whatever you can to make parole, I am on parole now and its a different world, its not as hard as one would think. In Colorado once you make parole your prison sentence is DONE and there is nothing that they can ever do to take that away from you. Of course if you mess up parole they can send you to prison to finish the parole portion of your sentence however Colorado has made it extremely hard for parole officers to do that. I don't have trouble on parole, dont cause them work and they will leave you alone. It never seems like they are trying to find something that I am doing wrong.
Great advice, CDOCoffender. My son applied for ComCor & decided not to bother working towards anything else in Crowley (incentive unit, education, etc) because he was counting on ComCor. He was denied & pretty let down but is now applying again in a different area. Hoping he works toward a backup plan too this time.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Great advice, CDOCoffender. My son applied for ComCor & decided not to bother working towards anything else in Crowley (incentive unit, education, etc) because he was counting on ComCor. He was denied & pretty let down but is now applying again in a different area. Hoping he works toward a backup plan too this time.
That could be one of the reasons he was denied. For both comcorr and parole, they want to see progress from the offender.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I hope that he is accepted to the new area but even if he is not be sure to tell him to talk to his case manager and figure out what he will need to do to reapply again in 6 months. Just because comcor denied you once does not mean that they will not take you the next time. I was denied one time and accepted the next time I applied to that same facility. Some times Comcor just wants to see a little bit more time in custody just like parole so what he will need to do is work with his case manager and they will set a goal for him to complete some kind of program and after he has completed that program and let 6 months go by he will be able to apply again.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:45 AM

We’re hoping he’ll be re-evaluated in Feb/March & maybe go to a minimum security. They told him in DRDC that they would do that. He hasn’t gotten in any trouble, does his job & stays away from the gangs so I’m hoping that happens. Not holding my breath, but hoping.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Weíre hoping heíll be re-evaluated in Feb/March & maybe go to a minimum security. They told him in DRDC that they would do that. He hasnít gotten in any trouble, does his job & stays away from the gangs so Iím hoping that happens. Not holding my breath, but hoping.
The classification system is based upon how many points you have. I have a copy of my last classification here somewhere, tomorrow Ill try to find it and ill post all of the information from it so you can see where he can improve his classification and drop some points. Half of your points come from things that cannot be changed by doing good and working hard! Things like your age, your crime, and your social history.

I can tell you that you should not get your hopes up that your son will go from Crowley to a minimum because that will not happen. You cannot leave Crowley for a minimum camp, first he will be classified into an MR which will be a state facility then from there he can work his way towards a camp however even when his points hit a minimum status the wait list is long and most people going into a minimum have negative points. The really shitty thing about being in a private prison is that a lot of times you will end up at CMRC (Cheyenne Mountain Re-entry Center) which is about the worst facility in the entire system. It is constant fighting and the program sucks. They take away all of your comforts including appliances and canteen. In every meeting I had with my case manager I made sure that she was very clear that I did not want to go there and tried to make her understand that I would not comply if sent there so she would be hurting my chance to go home to my kids. Luckily I never ended up in that hell.

I will try to get a copy of the classification up as soon as I can tomorrow so that you can take a look at it. Your son should have a copy of his but if he doesn't he can send a kite to his case manager requesting a copy so that he can see where he will end up with points when he is re-classed in March.
The Following User Says Thank You to CDOCoffender For This Useful Post:
JDM001 (01-16-2018)