Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2726  
Old 08-13-2017, 06:17 PM
JBoyd's Avatar
JBoyd JBoyd is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Good Morning, found out he was also speaking to her regulary on the phone plus all the writing and things... I'm not putting up with this. He who's put me on his facebook page as his future wife and proclaiming to be so in love with me, crying himself to sleep at night missing me...
He's just so self-absorbed and selfish and just doing anything so his needs and objectives are met and not caring who he hurts.
Even his daughter wrote me that he's an idiot and he ruined a wonderful future for us.
Whatever, I'm out and I'm not going back. And I also think this was the first and last relationship with a guy on the inside plus I'm too far away.
I really loved him but I deserve better.
Thanks for listening!!

Oh Jodi, from Illinois, if you read this, I hope it'll be working out for you, you can have him!
Thank you it has all worked out great! Best wishes to you.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2727  
Old 09-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Byondmycntrl Byondmycntrl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 48
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Haven't spoken to him since July 29th. Just letters now. I'm new to the whole prison thing and it is driving me nuts. I found PTO but am having a hard time navigating. Most of the threads are so old. I'm looking for any info on reception at Chino. Or just any info on prisons in socal. Or just a hug. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Byondmycntrl For This Useful Post:
Tiffmm24 (09-04-2017)
  #2728  
Old 09-15-2017, 10:30 PM
LAOROSE2's Avatar
LAOROSE2 LAOROSE2 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Alaska
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Reply With Quote
  #2729  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Tiffmm24's Avatar
Tiffmm24 Tiffmm24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alabama United States
Posts: 80
Thanks: 244
Thanked 43 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byondmycntrl View Post
Haven't spoken to him since July 29th. Just letters now. I'm new to the whole prison thing and it is driving me nuts. I found PTO but am having a hard time navigating. Most of the threads are so old. I'm looking for any info on reception at Chino. Or just any info on prisons in socal. Or just a hug. Thanks!
__________________
Good vibes!

Tiffany ❤
Reply With Quote
  #2730  
Old 11-09-2017, 03:05 PM
NeedA_Name's Avatar
NeedA_Name NeedA_Name is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Posts: 150
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Need a hug. Have an upset tummy, don't handle being sick very well, and am also getting my number changed soon to a number closer to hubby to save money on collect calls which means I probably won't hear from him until he's got my new number in the mail.
Reply With Quote
  #2731  
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
chosenmemories's Avatar
chosenmemories chosenmemories is offline
Nigohilvi
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arizona/Alaska
Posts: 613
Thanks: 1,018
Thanked 677 Times in 278 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedA_Name View Post
Need a hug. Have an upset tummy, don't handle being sick very well, and am also getting my number changed soon to a number closer to hubby to save money on collect calls which means I probably won't hear from him until he's got my new number in the mail.
*hugs and more hugs* feelt better friend! Saving money means more calls! It will be worth the wait! =) Hang in there!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chosenmemories For This Useful Post:
NeedA_Name (11-14-2017)
  #2732  
Old 11-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Babyx Babyx is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 93
Thanks: 26
Thanked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Default

I'm just feeling down.

Anxious, depressed, isolated and on guard for disaster. It's over, for now, he's sentenced and I'm trying to cope with the aftermath. Even when things seem positive, I still brace for catastrophe.
Reply With Quote
  #2733  
Old 11-15-2017, 02:40 PM
NeedA_Name's Avatar
NeedA_Name NeedA_Name is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Posts: 150
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyx View Post
I'm just feeling down.

Anxious, depressed, isolated and on guard for disaster. It's over, for now, he's sentenced and I'm trying to cope with the aftermath. Even when things seem positive, I still brace for catastrophe.
:hugs: I know that feeling all too well. Not sure how much of it is to blame on my anxiety disorder, but it still stinks.
Reply With Quote
  #2734  
Old 11-16-2017, 02:40 PM
KMCALI KMCALI is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: California USA
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I cant seem to stop crying today. I realized that my conversation with my babe yesterday was likely our last conversation for the next few months until he gets transferred and settled into the prison where he'll spend the rest of his sentence. I feel like I took that conversation for granted and didn't even get to say everything I really wanted to. I keep praying he will call today, but knowing that his sentencing is over and he'll be transferred I am assuming that won't be happening. :'(
Reply With Quote
  #2735  
Old 11-16-2017, 02:46 PM
NeedA_Name's Avatar
NeedA_Name NeedA_Name is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Posts: 150
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMCALI View Post
I cant seem to stop crying today. I realized that my conversation with my babe yesterday was likely our last conversation for the next few months until he gets transferred and settled into the prison where he'll spend the rest of his sentence. I feel like I took that conversation for granted and didn't even get to say everything I really wanted to. I keep praying he will call today, but knowing that his sentencing is over and he'll be transferred I am assuming that won't be happening. :'(
Hugs back. I also need a hug for a similar reason. I went through a hellish, expensive process on getting my number changed to one closer to my husband to save on phone calls, and it turns out they're now more expensive than before. I have little other choice but to tell him he can't call me for more than thirty minutes total each week (two fifteen minute calls) unless he needs something done or he's had an especially awful day. I'm blindsided and just barely keeping down the tears that poured out earlier only because I feel like so might puke soon if I do keep crying.
Reply With Quote
  #2736  
Old 11-16-2017, 05:14 PM
LC707 LC707 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Mom in need info

Hi, this seemed like a friendly spot. So, My son was taken from county to WASCO last night. This is his first time in the prison system, I am trying to find out if he keeps his original booking number or receives a new one? On the inmate information page for LA County, behind "Wasco" it has some numbers and letters? Is that his number for him while he's there?

Thanks for any info!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LC707 For This Useful Post:
NeedA_Name (11-16-2017)
  #2737  
Old 11-16-2017, 05:26 PM
NeedA_Name's Avatar
NeedA_Name NeedA_Name is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Posts: 150
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC707 View Post
Hi, this seemed like a friendly spot. So, My son was taken from county to WASCO last night. This is his first time in the prison system, I am trying to find out if he keeps his original booking number or receives a new one? On the inmate information page for LA County, behind "Wasco" it has some numbers and letters? Is that his number for him while he's there?

Thanks for any info!!!
Sending you a private message since this thread's for hugs so don't want admins possibly coming in and saying it's derailing the topic. You seem new, so I'm sure they'll cut you some slack.
Reply With Quote
  #2738  
Old 11-16-2017, 05:47 PM
KMCALI KMCALI is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: California USA
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedA_Name View Post
Hugs back. I also need a hug for a similar reason. I went through a hellish, expensive process on getting my number changed to one closer to my husband to save on phone calls, and it turns out they're now more expensive than before. I have little other choice but to tell him he can't call me for more than thirty minutes total each week (two fifteen minute calls) unless he needs something done or he's had an especially awful day. I'm blindsided and just barely keeping down the tears that poured out earlier only because I feel like so might puke soon if I do keep crying.

hugs!! I am so sorry. I have been the same way all day. I was holding out hope Iíd hear from him, but itís around the time he usually calls and Iíve gotten nothing. Iím heartbroken and lonely. I just want to hear his voice and probably wonít for months now. 😔
Reply With Quote
  #2739  
Old 11-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Nitewolf047's Avatar
Nitewolf047 Nitewolf047 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 50 Times in 23 Posts
Default

It's still early in the game for me. LO has 2yrs 3months to go. Incarcerated for just over 3 months. I thought maybe things would get easier but in some respects it's just getting worse. There are a total of 4 people in the family, not including myself, that are genuinely concerned over what's happening to my LO. Her family is pretty big.... over 30 people who kept in regular contact with her before all this started. It's dwindled to 5. No phone calls, no support, no asking how she is doing, nothing. Not to mention all her "friends" who magically disappeared.
Today just feels blah.
__________________
"Screwing up-failing to live by one's highest ideals and values-is part of what makes us human.Ē

Reply With Quote
  #2740  
Old 11-24-2017, 06:36 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 333
Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,027 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitewolf047 View Post
It's still early in the game for me. LO has 2yrs 3months to go. Incarcerated for just over 3 months. I thought maybe things would get easier but in some respects it's just getting worse. There are a total of 4 people in the family, not including myself, that are genuinely concerned over what's happening to my LO. Her family is pretty big.... over 30 people who kept in regular contact with her before all this started. It's dwindled to 5. No phone calls, no support, no asking how she is doing, nothing. Not to mention all her "friends" who magically disappeared.
Today just feels blah.
Communication seems to ebb and flow. I'm guilty of it with my brother. He has been in for 14 years. Until recently, I didn't speak to him for 4 yrs.

My guy has been in 10 months now. Small family. They ask about him. But he is getting frustrated because he hasn't seen them in 3 months now. Only one family member drives, so they have to wait for them.

Life also goes on for others. Think of friends you do t speak to not because you don't mean to, but because life got in the way.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2741  
Old 11-24-2017, 06:54 PM
LAOROSE2's Avatar
LAOROSE2 LAOROSE2 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Alaska
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I found out yesterday that they are suspending my husbands email “ privileges” for 30 days. I don’t get many phone calls because they are too expensive ��
Reply With Quote
  #2742  
Old 11-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Nitewolf047's Avatar
Nitewolf047 Nitewolf047 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 50 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Communication seems to ebb and flow. I'm guilty of it with my brother. He has been in for 14 years. Until recently, I didn't speak to him for 4 yrs.

My guy has been in 10 months now. Small family. They ask about him. But he is getting frustrated because he hasn't seen them in 3 months now. Only one family member drives, so they have to wait for them.

Life also goes on for others. Think of friends you do t speak to not because you don't mean to, but because life got in the way.
Anyone we cared about, friends, family... When things got tough, we were the first to be there for them..... especially her. She went totally out of the way to make sure she was there. For as much as I would like to believe that "things just got in the way", how hard can it be to just say hi how's it going?
__________________
"Screwing up-failing to live by one's highest ideals and values-is part of what makes us human.Ē

Reply With Quote
  #2743  
Old 11-24-2017, 07:45 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 333
Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,027 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitewolf047 View Post
Anyone we cared about, friends, family... When things got tough, we were the first to be there for them..... especially her. She went totally out of the way to make sure she was there. For as much as I would like to believe that "things just got in the way", how hard can it be to just say hi how's it going?
Unfortunately out of sigh, out of mind happens a lot. It may not be malicious at all. Does she write to them? Call?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2744  
Old 11-24-2017, 07:59 PM
Nitewolf047's Avatar
Nitewolf047 Nitewolf047 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 68
Thanks: 42
Thanked 50 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Unfortunately out of sigh, out of mind happens a lot. It may not be malicious at all. Does she write to them? Call?
I have called on her and my behalf many times. Mass texts to let them know how she is doing. Asking them to show support. She has enough on her plate. She is the one in the bad position and she feels bad that she would have to call collect. To me, they should show more than they are doing. The opportunities are more on the outside than on the inside. She has gone over and beyond what most people would do to help someone. It's her turn now. It's like sitting in the woods listening to crickets. Out of sight out of mind doesn't wash at this point.
Anyway, I'm done with the pity party for now.
__________________
"Screwing up-failing to live by one's highest ideals and values-is part of what makes us human.Ē


Last edited by Nitewolf047; 11-24-2017 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2745  
Old 11-24-2017, 08:08 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 333
Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,027 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitewolf047 View Post
I have called on her and my behalf many times. Mass texts to let them know how she is doing. Asking them to show support. She has enough on her plate. She is the one in the bad position and she feels bad that she would have to call collect. To me, they should show more than they are doing. The opportunities are more on the outside than on the inside. She has gone over and beyond what most people would do to help someone. It's her turn now. It's like sitting in the woods listening to crickets.
Anyway, I'm done with the pity party for now.
I know it is frustrating. I was angry with myself for not talking to my brother for a while, but it wasn't a si.ple not wanting to pick up the phone. Unfortunately, when we have expectations of others it usually disappoints us. I hope they come around, but most likely you'll shoulder the brunt of the responsibility and be her life line.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2746  
Old 01-05-2018, 05:49 PM
thundercat500's Avatar
thundercat500 thundercat500 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitewolf047 View Post
It's still early in the game for me. LO has 2yrs 3months to go. Incarcerated for just over 3 months. I thought maybe things would get easier but in some respects it's just getting worse. There are a total of 4 people in the family, not including myself, that are genuinely concerned over what's happening to my LO. Her family is pretty big.... over 30 people who kept in regular contact with her before all this started. It's dwindled to 5. No phone calls, no support, no asking how she is doing, nothing. Not to mention all her "friends" who magically disappeared.
Today just feels blah.
I understand how it goes. My husband has been waiting 2.5 years for trial and for the first 3 months or so his family and a couple close friends emailed him but now I am just about the only one who emails. he has a couple of close friends that email once a month or so and his brother just stopped emailing after a few months. My husband may have alienated them with some harsh letters about how much the lack of contact hurts him. His brother made the excuse that he is not a letter writer but he could have made an effort. i just cry when he tells me how much it hurts not to hear from anyone. I work from home and i am in front of a computer all day so i can email several times a day. i get that most people cannot do that but 2-3 times a week is doable for someone who works full time.
Reply With Quote
  #2747  
Old 01-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Babyx Babyx is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 93
Thanks: 26
Thanked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitewolf047 View Post
It's still early in the game for me. LO has 2yrs 3months to go. Incarcerated for just over 3 months. I thought maybe things would get easier but in some respects it's just getting worse. There are a total of 4 people in the family, not including myself, that are genuinely concerned over what's happening to my LO. Her family is pretty big.... over 30 people who kept in regular contact with her before all this started. It's dwindled to 5. No phone calls, no support, no asking how she is doing, nothing. Not to mention all her "friends" who magically disappeared.
Today just feels blah.
The abandonment of friends and family is, unfortunately, very normal. I've experienced it. On the positive side, you do see clearly who amongst your extended network of family and friends truly care. Cherish and embrace those willing to step up. You don't really need an army, just a few willing to step up. Others may come around after time and processing. Accept them. Hold no grudges. Although, certain people have shown their true colors and it's not pretty. I pray they come around, but will not forget.
Reply With Quote
  #2748  
Old 02-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Sammi_27 Sammi_27 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

My guy is at DRDC right now and his grandma texted me almost 3 weeks ago asking for my info so he can put me on his phone list but no call from him yet but I did get two letters from him so contact isn’t completely shut off but I really want to hear his voice. His grandma texts me and let’s me know how he is but it’s tough. Hopefully I hear his voice soon.
Reply With Quote
  #2749  
Old 02-26-2018, 08:10 PM
NeedA_Name's Avatar
NeedA_Name NeedA_Name is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Posts: 150
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi_27 View Post
My guy is at DRDC right now and his grandma texted me almost 3 weeks ago asking for my info so he can put me on his phone list but no call from him yet but I did get two letters from him so contact isnít completely shut off but I really want to hear his voice. His grandma texts me and letís me know how he is but itís tough. Hopefully I hear his voice soon.
Been there, dealt with that. *hugs*
Reply With Quote
  #2750  
Old 02-28-2018, 08:33 PM
KevinJill KevinJill is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default I could use a hug

I am in love with a great man! He will be released in about 2.5 months. We have known each other for nine months now. Fell in love recently 😍 I just miss him right now and am anxiously awaiting news if he is being moved to another facility. If that happens, I won't be able to see him until he gets out. It will be devastating, to say the least. We are both trying to remain positive... But....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics