Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:13 AM

Default Info please on Decaturville TN jail/letter question

Hi, my boyfriend was arrested on some pretty serious charges and put in Decaturville county jail . Itís a small jail with no website and when you call the guards do not seem to really want to give information. They give bare minimum answers and there is no website I can go to.

My main question is about a letter. Without thinking about it I spritzed my perfume on it before sending it. I read afterwards on this site that that can be a problem. If it is rejected are they required to send it back to me? Or at least send a notice to me?

Iím afraid that he will not get it now and I will never know and just think he doesnít want contact anymore. Iím pretty sure he doesnít know my address or phone number by memory and I know he is on his own in there.

Also just curious about that jail and how it is . Iím in a different state and unable to visit.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2018, 03:20 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,063 Times in 14,352 Posts

I used to put perfume on all my letters, but Kentucky recently stopped allowing it. If your letter is rejected, they should return mail it back to you. It may take a while, but you'll get get it eventually. I hope they allow him to have the letter.

Decaturville must be an extremely small town. I did find the Sheriff Department website, but all it had was a one-line mention of who the jailer is; no visit info; no phone service provider info; not even an address or phone number for the jail

Hopefully someone from that area will add to this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Peaches412 (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 PM

Thanked 1,806 Times in 874 Posts

I would write again just in case it is rejected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-30-2018), patchouli (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I used to put perfume on all my letters, but Kentucky recently stopped allowing it. If your letter is rejected, they should return mail it back to you. It may take a while, but you'll get get it eventually. I hope they allow him to have the letter.

Decaturville must be an extremely small town. I did find the Sheriff Department website, but all it had was a one-line mention of who the jailer is; no visit info; no phone service provider info; not even an address or phone number for the jail

Hopefully someone from that area will add to this thread.

Thank you. Yes so small itís scary
The Following User Says Thank You to Peaches412 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-29-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 08:22 AM
AmyLynn

I agree. I would write again just in case. I would just avoid anything like that in the future. Crazy small jails can and usually find the smallest reasons yanno. I hope you get a response soon.