Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:01 AM
Donation Award 

Default Dangerous Heat Indexes this week!!!

Send extra love this week, the heat indexes are going up to 115 degrees in some of the more southern areas. And lets all meditate and try our best to have extra patience, some crabbiness is expected.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2019, 06:21 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Send extra love this week, the heat indexes are going up to 115 degrees in some of the more southern areas. And lets all meditate and try our best to have extra patience, some crabbiness is expected.
Lots of prayers for all of our men that are having to deal with this type of heat. Im going to visit mine tomorrow before I have to fly out of town for work so at least he will get a little relief from the heat.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:34 PM

Does anyone else’s LO have a special cooling towel from commissary? Mine has one and a fan but he says the fan gets hot real quick
Old 07-15-2019, 05:42 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
Does anyone elses LO have a special cooling towel from commissary? Mine has one and a fan but he says the fan gets hot real quick
Idk what a cooling towel is? He might but idk. Yes the fans suck. When you sweat while showering you know its bad!

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:44 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisprincess2019 View Post
Lots of prayers for all of our men that are having to deal with this type of heat. Im going to visit mine tomorrow before I have to fly out of town for work so at least he will get a little relief from the heat.
Have a good visit!

Old 07-15-2019, 04:06 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Have a good visit!
Visit was wonderful! I hate that I have to leave town and be so far away from him but we have a video visit set up for later this week and Im hoping to be able to go visit him after I return next week. Sigh...leaving him after a visit never gets an easier.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:55 PM

Prayers and ❤️❤️❤️ to everyone’s LOs dealing with this heat. My girl told me she was worried about women acting out at Logan during this heatwave. Here’s hoping for a quiet week
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vi_loves_Shine For This Useful Post:
hisprincess2019 (07-16-2019), jessesgirl1111 (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:29 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi_loves_Shine View Post
Prayers and ❤️❤️❤️ to everyones LOs dealing with this heat. My girl told me she was worried about women acting out at Logan during this heatwave. Heres hoping for a quiet week
I got a gtl message from my girl there and she said they have a new director that is locking down like crazy to try and calm down the fighting. Theres still 2 broken phones there. Theres also broken phones at pettyville and the guy on the phone next to my husband got knocked out and attacked Saturday while we were talking. Between the broken phones and the heat, youd think they could see how simple it would be to HELP control fights by turning on the ventilation fans and fixing a phone.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:30 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisprincess2019 View Post
Visit was wonderful! I hate that I have to leave town and be so far away from him but we have a video visit set up for later this week and Im hoping to be able to go visit him after I return next week. Sigh...leaving him after a visit never gets an easier.
But its one night closer to the end game so stay strong!

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
hisprincess2019 (07-17-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I got a gtl message from my girl there and she said they have a new director that is locking down like crazy to try and calm down the fighting. Theres still 2 broken phones there. Theres also broken phones at pettyville and the guy on the phone next to my husband got knocked out and attacked Saturday while we were talking. Between the broken phones and the heat, youd think they could see how simple it would be to HELP control fights by turning on the ventilation fans and fixing a phone.
Shine told me that had some new higher up there now. You're right working phones and ventilation fans would help cut down on fights. But they'd rather just lock them all down instead. I've noticed the crazy frequency of lockdowns lately. I just hope there isn't a lockdown sunday, I only get to see her really on weekends because of work.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:39 AM

I’m worried about a lot of lockdowns happening too in this deadly heat, people can get a little out of sorts. My loved one and I were just discussing that the other night, we hope lockdown doesn’t happen but we’re preparing ourselves emotionally just in case. I hope everyone’s loved ones stay cool in this awful weather. And that the phones that people mentioned are broken get fixed soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to LotusBlossom23 For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi_loves_Shine View Post
Shine told me that had some new higher up there now. You're right working phones and ventilation fans would help cut down on fights. But they'd rather just lock them all down instead. I've noticed the crazy frequency of lockdowns lately. I just hope there isn't a lockdown sunday, I only get to see her really on weekends because of work.
Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. Summertime... the heat makes anyone irritable. Staff, inmates... everyone. Its ungodly hot this week and climbing.