Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:31 PM

Default First Review - Still in review process since September 16 Eligibility Date

Hello Everyone! It’s been a very long time since I’ve been active in the community but life has a way of doing that.

My husband began the parole review process earlier this year (April 2019) and met with the IPO in early July I believe. We had everything submitted to both the Huntsville Board office as well as the Austin Office in April. I received a letter of receipt from both offices and requested an interview with the Huntsville office once his file was received.

His eligibility date was September 16th and we still have not yet heard anything. He went to see the IPO around the same time as two of his associates, both received No votes on the same day (Sept. 20th) and 1 year and 3 year set off.

We’ve been trying to wait as patently as possible but it’s becoming painful how long it’s been to get an answer. When I called the main number in the beginning of this month they said it’s not unusual to go past the original date and the vote should happen early October. I called in today now being a month past his date and the woman on the phone said it’s “probably because of new evidence”. I asked her what she meant and she kept saying “new evidence”. My husband has not had any cases in over two years and his co-defendants have already been released (on parole first time coming up and the victims family did not protest their release). I’m not sure what “new evidence” there would be but I’ve been given misinformation from that line before so I take everything with a grain of salt.

That being said, does anyone have any experience with something like this before? Or any thoughts/ideas?

25 year sentence, Agg Robbery, Sentenced at 17 years old. 12 1/2 years time served.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2019, 04:07 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,778 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLovee View Post
Hello Everyone! It’s been a very long time since I’ve been active in the community but life has a way of doing that.

My husband began the parole review process earlier this year (April 2019) and met with the IPO in early July I believe. We had everything submitted to both the Huntsville Board office as well as the Austin Office in April. I received a letter of receipt from both offices and requested an interview with the Huntsville office once his file was received.

His eligibility date was September 16th and we still have not yet heard anything. He went to see the IPO around the same time as two of his associates, both received No votes on the same day (Sept. 20th) and 1 year and 3 year set off.

We’ve been trying to wait as patently as possible but it’s becoming painful how long it’s been to get an answer. When I called the main number in the beginning of this month they said it’s not unusual to go past the original date and the vote should happen early October. I called in today now being a month past his date and the woman on the phone said it’s “probably because of new evidence”. I asked her what she meant and she kept saying “new evidence”. My husband has not had any cases in over two years and his co-defendants have already been released (on parole first time coming up and the victims family did not protest their release). I’m not sure what “new evidence” there would be but I’ve been given misinformation from that line before so I take everything with a grain of salt.

That being said, does anyone have any experience with something like this before? Or any thoughts/ideas?

25 year sentence, Agg Robbery, Sentenced at 17 years old. 12 1/2 years time served.
The fact that the co defendants are out is a sign of hope. At one time, most aggravated cases with a good conduct record received a one year set off and then generally made parole the next time up. With him being 17 when the offense occurred is also a plus in his favor. He was young and so, it's not like he has a lot of wreckage of the past. His conduct record and the nature of the offense are more the issues to consider. Some of my offenses have been aggravated and some not, but I believe that the younger you are when the offense took place is an advantage where parole is concerned when it's your time to come up.
The comment about new evidence I'm sure is unnerving, but still he's been inside for almost 13 years and it would stand to reason that if there was any new evidence to seen discovered, it would have come up long ago before now. I'm not an expert by a long shot and there are others here more knowledgeable about parole matters than I am. Still, I've done ag time and I know what he's going through. Be patient and allow the process to take it's course. Try not to read anything into it based on the phone conversation. Chances are, the person who you talked to doesn't know the facts or the details because it's not her business to know. She answers the phone, she doesn't call the shots where parole is concerned. Don't stress.
dtmom2013 (10-19-2019), SLovee (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
The fact that the co defendants are out is a sign of hope. At one time, most aggravated cases with a good conduct record received a one year set off and then generally made parole the next time up. With him being 17 when the offense occurred is also a plus in his favor. He was young and so, it's not like he has a lot of wreckage of the past. His conduct record and the nature of the offense are more the issues to consider. Some of my offenses have been aggravated and some not, but I believe that the younger you are when the offense took place is an advantage where parole is concerned when it's your time to come up.
The comment about new evidence I'm sure is unnerving, but still he's been inside for almost 13 years and it would stand to reason that if there was any new evidence to seen discovered, it would have come up long ago before now. I'm not an expert by a long shot and there are others here more knowledgeable about parole matters than I am. Still, I've done ag time and I know what he's going through. Be patient and allow the process to take it's course. Try not to read anything into it based on the phone conversation. Chances are, the person who you talked to doesn't know the facts or the details because it's not her business to know. She answers the phone, she doesn't call the shots where parole is concerned. Don't stress.

You’re totally right, she’s likely going off something she saw happen one time or personal experience 🤷🏽*♀️. But we will keep waiting, we still have no updates as of yet...
The Following User Says Thank You to SLovee For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 06:55 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
You’re totally right, she’s likely going off something she saw happen one time or personal experience 🤷🏽*♀️. But we will keep waiting, we still have no updates as of yet...
Hope everything works out. Try not to stress, dear.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:47 AM

As an update, we were just approved 11/6 ♥️

Approval with completion of a program. Thank you soo much!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:28 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
As an update, we were just approved 11/6 ♥️

Approval with completion of a program. Thank you soo much!
Yea!!!!!! Happy days are here again. He'll be home before you know it. Looks like 2020 is a really good year the both of you.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Yea!!!!!! Happy days are here again. He'll be home before you know it. Looks like 2020 is a really good year the both of you.
Yes! They are here, thank you soo much. After many years this chapter of our lives will be ending shortly. 2020 is going to be amazing
The Following User Says Thank You to SLovee For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (Yesterday)