Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:06 PM

Default Question's Help (KVSP)

First off let me say that I thank you ladies for all the information and support that you give. If it wasn't for you ladies I wouldn't know half of the information that I found out. My man is in KVSP and it's totally like that entire place is stuck in a time warp. He's only been there since December and I swear he hasn't gotten any of my letter's because it seems like we are having to different conversation when I get his letter's.

1. How many packages can be sent per month?
2. Is there a limit on the amount of money?
3. What phone service to they use? He keeps saying that when he calls he get's message that the number is blocked. I've called my phone company and they say that they don't and neither does any other company have a block on myb line.
4. Do I have to fill out that form again to be approved to visit? Does he have to send it to me or can I request one from the jail?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2006, 07:20 AM

You could post this in the forum for the state in which he is incarcerated. Scroll down toward the bottom of the main PTO forum list, and find his state. People there will know more particulars about the place where he is.

Good luck to you both.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,027 Times in 7,142 Posts

Wanderlust...Welcome to PTO!

The time delay in letters is an amazing frustration but don't worry, you'll catch the rythym of that delay and learn to write around it.
He has to send you form CDC106 to fill out for visiting approval, and do not fudge even a little on that form, be totally honest....but if you already got approval to visit him at another California facility, you may not need to fill it out...call KVSP and ask for the Visiting Officer.
MCI is the phone carrier, the block on your line is almost certainly from them and their # for correctional billing is 1-800-231-0193, their blocking dept is 1-888-414-0898
Letters and books are nearly unlimited, books must come directly from a vendor, no more than 3 per shipment, packages are dependant partly on his privilege status, he can tell you what he's allowed.
And here's a link to the California forums, see you there!http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127
and again...Welcome...glad you found us!

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.

Last edited by LeBeau; 02-18-2006 at 08:30 AM..
Old 02-18-2006, 11:28 AM

Default Thank you

Thanks so much, I thought I was in California. I'm still learning to move around on this site.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust852
Thanks so much, I thought I was in California. I'm still learning to move around on this site.
You are in California. I don't know how they thought you weren't. You are in California, California Prisons, Other California State Prisons. Anyway, the answers you got are correct. Welcome to PTO.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif Dreamer
You are in California. I don't know how they thought you weren't. You are in California, California Prisons, Other California State Prisons. Anyway, the answers you got are correct. Welcome to PTO.
LOL! Thank you for replying...I wondered about that too. I've been trying to reply for awhile, but the forum keeps timing out.