Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:22 AM

Default Interstate Compact Georgia / Alabama: Our experience & timeline

Georgia interstate Compact to Alabama (TPM April 2018. PIC date June 30,2017) Searching for info on the compact. Georgia sent paperwork to Alabama. Spoke with alabama office and was told paperwork was sent to county office August 2, 2017. Local office says they don't have it? Anyone know how long these things take?? Trying to call and speak with someone not so easy now. Any advice or insight?? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2017, 09:26 PM

So I figured since I had such a very hard time finding anyone's experiences with the interstate compact I would document ours up to this point.
Dec 10, 2016 Parole eligibility date (PED)
Feb 2017 emailed parole board they replied his case is under review
March 23, 2017 Tentative parole month (TPM) changed on the website from no decision to April 2018
May 22, 2017 and June 9, 2017 email board and they reply still under review
July 7, 2017 counselor gave him paperwork that said his new TPM was June 30, 2017. Website changed to reflect this date on 7/12/17
July 14, 2017. Counselor wrote up papers with address and phone number for parole verification she told him this started the interstate Compact process.
July 18, 2017 Ga board office called sister in Alabama to verify he could stay there said people would be in touch.
July 20, 2017. Counselor called him back to her office to resign same papers from Friday they were typed this time. She did not get him to sign the fee removal paper that is needed so the DOC will pay the interstate compact filing fee he was called back a third time on 7/26/17 to sign this paper.
8/1/17 money was removed from his account
8/2/17 ga interstate Compact office sent papers to Alabama compact office called and was told they sent to local Anniston office 8/3/17 this is when 45 days of review officially begin.
8/11/17 emailed ga compact office and she replied we should know something by 9/15/17
8/14/17 called local office was told they still had no info. Called alabama compact office again was told to call local office, told her I did and they had no record. She said she will call directly and talked with po it was issued to and told me to call her back I did and she assured me she spoke with him personally and all was in motion now would be an investigation of housing plan, prison records, background check etc.
8/21/17 emailed local PO he email back and say we have received his transfer papers and are in the process of investigation.
No calls to sister or employers that have been lined up.
I know this seems like it is moving fairly quickly but this has been the hardest part of the last 9 years. My man and I both have been trying to trust and believe God but also have been overly anxious and super stressed with the being so close and not knowing... be prepared for an emotional roller coaster of aggravation, depression, joy, excitement, aggression, anxiety, and frustrations!!! That's our experience anyways. I have been borderline obsessed with seeking info even tho everyone's experience and circumstances are different... still it helps to get it out and let people know they aren't alone. I plan to keep updates coming in case this may help in the future.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:07 AM

9/7/17. PO came to make a home visit. No one was home he called and said he didn't need to come back out just needed to know if staying there was an option, if he would have help and a job. Said he didn't know if it would be accepted or not.
9/8/17. Emailed the interstate Compact office in georgia received this reply today 9/14/17. Today is my first day back in the office. The plan was accepted, but Anniston cannot fulfill one of Georgia's requirements. I am waiting on the Board Members to let me know if they will waive the special condition. I do not know how long the process will take. I am waiting on at least 3 Board Members to come into the office to review his case. Once I hear from the Board, I will know when to release Him. If they agree, it should be approximately 10 business days.
Georgia Interstate Compact Unit
State Board of Pardons and Paroles

Idk what the condition the local office couldn't meet is or if this is a simple/complicated process but I do know either way we are at the end of this process, praying for favor.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:51 PM

Thanked 1,162 Times in 476 Posts

Keeping fingers crossed for you that it works out. My son is due to be released in February & we may be forced to do interstate compact too if he can't find a place to live & work up there. Restrictions are much harsher here so I am hoping we can make something work. Good luck & let us hear how your experience goes!
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Quackenbooboo (09-14-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 07:55 AM

Red face Interstate Compact release date.

9/21/17- Well he just called me I will be there at 8:30am Wednesday September 27, 2017!!!!!! And we will be heading home to alabama !! Praise God.
Georgia had said he needed to be on an ankle monitor for a period of time but Anniston, AL does not do that so Georgia waived that condition. I called the parole board on Tuesday but they said no change still reviewing so this morning I called to find out if it was in their system and the lady told me the same thing Release date for September 27!!!!! So thankful and excited to be starting this new chapter of our lives. Pray for us. ❤️
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quackenbooboo For This Useful Post:
GaReform (09-21-2017), LifeTraveler (09-27-2017), patchouli (09-21-2017), xolady (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 02:03 PM

I'm doing the happy dance for you! Hope things will keep being positive for you both. Please check in & give updates. We can use more happy endings.
Quackenbooboo (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 03:47 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,994 Times in 13,517 Posts

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Quackenbooboo (09-21-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post
9/21/17- Well he just called me I will be there at 8:30am Wednesday September 27, 2017!!!!!! And we will be heading home to alabama !! Praise God.
Georgia had said he needed to be on an ankle monitor for a period of time but Anniston, AL does not do that so Georgia waived that condition. I called the parole board on Tuesday but they said no change still reviewing so this morning I called to find out if it was in their system and the lady told me the same thing Release date for September 27!!!!! So thankful and excited to be starting this new chapter of our lives. Pray for us. ❤️
I am so happy for you God bless you and thanks your time line answered a lot of my questions
The Following User Says Thank You to Shine1 For This Useful Post:
Quackenbooboo (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 02:34 PM

We are sitting at his moms house the most awesome blessing ever. Bout to head to alabama thank you all pray for us
Old 09-27-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post
We are sitting at his moms house the most awesome blessing ever. Bout to head to alabama thank you all pray for us

I am so happy for you. Have safe travels & please have a happy life. It gives hope to those of us still waiting for our "happy ending".
Quackenbooboo (09-28-2017)