Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,429 Times in 2,927 Posts
Default Post your unpopular opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Hey now...#chocolatemilkmatters

Umm no it doesn't lol #milkisyuck

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 07:17 PM
WHAT'S GOOD, FOLKS

Exclamation

Hi today my unpopular "opinion" it is that it notnice how them hospital nurses do that ol weird yelling song singing voice like they talkin to a child not a GROWN ADULT. Been visiting ole girl from TDawg old neighborhood at hospital. Nurses be like HELLO DEAR HOW ARE WE TODAY??? 🤢 like they singing one of them "musicals". Lord it's awful -- sick do not equal needs baby talk.

T-Dawg you are my man, you are my life!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to joybubby For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (10-07-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Hey now...#chocolatemilkmatters
Chocolate milk is one of the most dangerous things you can put inside your body.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Thanked 13,815 Times in 5,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybubby View Post
Hi today my unpopular "opinion" it is that it notnice how them hospital nurses do that ol weird yelling song singing voice like they talkin to a child not a GROWN ADULT. Been visiting ole girl from TDawg old neighborhood at hospital. Nurses be like HELLO DEAR HOW ARE WE TODAY??? 🤢 like they singing one of them "musicals". Lord it's awful -- sick do not equal needs baby talk.
Having worked in healthcare and in defense of healthcare workers, if we didn't do that...we're cold and b*tches. So, take your pick. It's the same reason someone in a fast food drive-up asks how you're doing today. They don't give a crap, but if they didn't and just put your food out the window, they'd be considered rude.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 04:59 PM

My unpopular opinion of the day , Why I cant buy head ache tablets without my supermarket cashier thinking I want to kill myself.I tried to buy 2 packs of head ache tablets and the cashier wouldnt serve me in case I used the tablets to kill myself.
Umm Ok , I was also buying long life orange juice and ingredients for a Sunday roast, did I look like a woman on the edge?
But apparently its policy. Weird that I could buy ropes knives and razors in as great a quantity as I wanted.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 05:42 PM

Thanked 1,607 Times in 607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
My unpopular opinion of the day , Why I cant buy head ache tablets without my supermarket cashier thinking I want to kill myself.I tried to buy 2 packs of head ache tablets and the cashier wouldnt serve me in case I used the tablets to kill myself.
Umm Ok , I was also buying long life orange juice and ingredients for a Sunday roast, did I look like a woman on the edge?
But apparently its policy. Weird that I could buy ropes knives and razors in as great a quantity as I wanted.
You must not have Sams club or Costco where you are. You can buy them 2 pack of 1000, and I'm pretty sure no one would bat an eye if you bought more than that. I mean if you were going to kill yourself all you'd have to do is go to several supermarkets.

I get lots of sinus headaches and earaches after I have a cold. The only thing that gets rid of them is sudefed, the original that they now sell behind the counter. I have to take them everyday for a month. Now I have to buy them and give my drivers license and sign an affidavit because they don't want me making meth. I get it but but it's a huge pain in the behind for those that are using them legally.
CenTexLyn (08-16-2017), miamac (08-16-2017), xolady (10-08-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 08:09 PM

Thanked 9,746 Times in 5,499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Just be glad you don't have allergies where the only thing that works is the sudafed type stuff...meth heads have screwed things up so much that the law now does not allow you to buy two boxes at a time because of the limits on pseudoephedrine and two boxes is just barely over the limit. I try to keep a box at the houses and then some in all of the vehicles and in the office. It never fails that I seem to realize I am out at all places at the same time...
Old 08-16-2017, 08:11 PM

Thanked 9,746 Times in 5,499 Posts

Unpopular opinion of the day is that a driver who loses control after someone swerved into their lane and has a one-car impact with a concrete wall but does not even wait for witnesses to come check on them, instead driving off, was likely committing some manner of criminal act.

Yes, I saw that right in front of me today. And he had a messed up car...no massive fluids but LOTS of body damage. When I ran the plate after getting home, the plate did not match the vehicle...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Texasflower08 (09-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 08:25 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,377 Times in 13,062 Posts

** the plate did not match the vehicle...***
Huh. Go figure.
Glad no one got hurt.

I had a bit of a scare the other day driving back to the office after completing my route. Two lanes (divided road)
Lady at the last second swerved just a tad to where I thought I was going to have to slam on the brakes or get hit. She didnt come into my lane but it sure gave me a start.
She may have been drunk or maybe fiddling with her phone or something. I watched her ride the line either side of the lane. Not so much swerving but just going from side to side....gradually.
Makes my heart go into my throat. I hate that.

Yeah, I hear ya on the sudafed thing. My allergy meds used to be prescription. For whatever reason, I dont need them like I used to.

My unpopular opinion for today?
I have no opinion for the day.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 AM

Unpopular opinion of the day some people should not be allowed to drive. These include those who text while driving , those on the phone while driving and not hands free. Those doing their hair and make up while driving. Those who are aggressive towards other drivers including the guy driving the truck that tail gated me through road works this morning . They should all be banned for the safety of all road users.

The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 09:50 AM

Came back from vacation and found they removed the paper towels from the bathroom and replaced it with a hand drying machine. I use those paper towels for many more things than drying my hands. I can't clean off the toilet seat with the hand dryer.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:52 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,909 Times in 977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanner View Post
Came back from vacation and found they removed the paper towels from the bathroom and replaced it with a hand drying machine. I use those paper towels for many more things than drying my hands. I can't clean off the toilet seat with the hand dryer.
Why not just use toilet paper? Or bring your own sanitizing wipes?
Old 08-17-2017, 11:21 AM

Dozens of truckers use our bathroom. The toilets are pretty gross. And I think the cleaning staff, out of resentment, does a deliberately awful job. The TP just doesn't cut it (but I guess it will have to do). Sanitizing wipes are just gross.

And its not just the toilet seat. Paper towels are pretty versatile. I understand why they removed them (cost I'm assuming). But its just a little bit annoying.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:44 AM

Default Gross toilet paper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanner View Post
Dozens of truckers use our bathroom. The toilets are pretty gross. And I think the cleaning staff, out of resentment, does a deliberately awful job. The TP just doesn't cut it (but I guess it will have to do). Sanitizing wipes are just gross.

And its not just the toilet seat. Paper towels are pretty versatile. I understand why they removed them (cost I'm assuming). But its just a little bit annoying.
How about toilet paper so shiny it's practically onion skin paper? It doesn't clean anything! Then there's electric hand "driers" that produce a lot of noise and a pitifully anemic stream of luke warm air. You hold your hands under the nozzle until you get tired of the racket, then finish drying them on your clothes. It could be worse, though. My wife told me they've reduced the toilet paper allotment to one roll per week. It's like Venezuela in there!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:07 AM

Yeah they are very noisy as well. Sometimes, I'm in there (excuse me lol) taking a little bit longer than necessary to get away from everything and just take a moment for myself. And someone comes in and blasts the wind tunnel!

I won't even care in a few months but just coming back from vacation, it was a bit jarring.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsanner For This Useful Post:
xolady (09-16-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 02:00 AM
Alferd Packer fan

Thanked 1,033 Times in 597 Posts

Back many years ago when I was in junior high myself and a couple kids got in some serious trouble for contributing to the aesthetic beauty of the school neighborhood, so we, in our failed efforts to contribute to society...accidentally cut open a super squeeze bottle and poured some of it on the school resource officer's office chair and then accidentally on the phone. Another one of us went in his bathroom and stapled the toilet paper roll to itself.

He didn't like us. Don't know why....
"I swore never to be silent whenever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." -- Elie Weisel
Old 09-15-2017, 05:47 PM

I love bbq ribs.
I dont like people who tail me or rude people.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybubby View Post
My pet peeve is a nurse saying, "It's time for our shot." Our shot? I never had one join me in subcutaneous festivities.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
Texasflower08 (10-22-2017), xolady (10-08-2017)