Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Two hearts, one love

Question South Florida Reception Center?

I just looked my friend up on fldoc site and he got moved to SFRC yesterday 19th Jan. Does anyone know how long he will stay there before he is moved again? And will he stay in the south of Florida now he has been moved there initially to the reception center? Also, should I wait with mail I have to send to him, until I know where he's at or just send it to SFRC or to his former prison?
Thanks!

Together at last
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2005, 07:20 AM

When my fiance got transferred he was at that reception center in Orlando for about a week, all the mail from FSP got sent to Tomoka about two weeks later. He did write two letters from the Reception Center and also telephoned me. HE said for me to hold off on writing till he called me with his new address, which I did.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:28 AM

SFRC...no set answer...he may or may not stay here in South Florida. I'd hold off on the mail. They are usually in and out of that reception center within 3-6 weeks.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Two hearts, one love

Thanks both of you...I hadn't realized he could potentially be there for more than a few days and still be moved away from S.Florida also. As he can't yet call me until March anyway, what I will do is mail a few letters to SFRC, but make copies to send if he moves some place else in the meantime.

Together at last
Old 01-20-2005, 07:57 AM

if he moves i think the letters will follow him
Old 01-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Two hearts, one love

Oh, yeah, I know the letters will get to him eventually...it's just that because I can't speak with him yet, I wanted to at least keep talking via letters.

Together at last
Old 01-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Two hearts, one love

One more question if you don't mind! Can anyone tell me what it's like there? What are conditions etc like? Thanks!

Together at last
Old 01-20-2005, 06:26 PM

a friend of mine's husband is in nfrc, it is like sfrc, that is where they go to get classified and physical check-up and are there usually 2-3 weeks and then get assigned to a prison, my friends hubby is not able to make calls from there but can write, the letters will follow them just they could take awhile to get to them, and whether they are at nfrc or sfrc, does not mean they will stay in north or south fl, it depends on how they are classified and from what i have seen, they usually are not placed in prison near home, my friend in north fla prison is from bradenton, i would still write, letters will get to him, but when he gets transferred they could take alittle while to reach him, but they will follow, fl is not known for speedy mail service or actually anything moving to quick, but things seem to make their way where they need to go.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:00 AM
Two hearts, one love

Thank you juliek. Yes, you are right, FL is not known for speedy mail - mine has to come quite a way and it can take a long time!!

Together at last
Old 01-23-2005, 12:32 AM

My fiance arrived at Central Florida Reception Center on October 7th and sat there until just last week. They moved him 8 hours away to the panhandle and he only has 4 months left. There's really no way to tell where they'll be sent and what their reasoning is.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:16 PM
dana32ga

My husband was at the SFRC for 3 weeks. He was aloud to make phone calls after his third day of being there and was able to write as soon as he got there. His mail did get forwarded when he left. My husband said it was a really bad place and could not have gotten out of there soon enough. For some reason the entire time he was there he was not given any mail from me, but he got mail from his mom and some friends of ours. I dont know if they were messing with him or what because i would put my full name with Mrs. on the letters and so they new he was getting mail from his wife and never gave it to him. To this day i have not even got them returned to me.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:32 PM

I am only about 20 minutes from SFRC. I have knew a few people that were there and heard things are pretty rough over there. My fiance was never at SFRC, however a friend of mine who also visits her husband at the same institution where my man is at says it was really overcroweded and bad. I don't suspect your guy will be there too long. If I remember, he is coming from Desoto right? So he was transferred to SFRC because his permanent camp will be somewheres in Region 4 (i.e. South Florida!) Keep us posted my friend!!

((hugs))
Marie
Old 03-02-2005, 12:21 PM
U call it madness...

My man was there for 3 months because he wnt psyche and they left him there a bit longer..he was able to use the phone like the 2nd or 3rd day soon as they set him up...and he was able to write soon too..the visit was crowded but it was very relaxed we could chill with other people and we could kiss as much as we wanted they wherent strick at all!..plus its only like 5 minutes from me!!!

Old 04-10-2005, 11:13 PM

Default South Florida Reception Center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilboobooev
My man was there for 3 months because he wnt psyche and they left him there a bit longer..he was able to use the phone like the 2nd or 3rd day soon as they set him up...and he was able to write soon too..the visit was crowded but it was very relaxed we could chill with other people and we could kiss as much as we wanted they wherent strick at all!..plus its only like 5 minutes from me!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 11:15 PM

My Son is at South Florida Reception Center South.
I wanted to know more about visiting there - like what it's like - do you have to be there at a certain time or can you get there a little later - are you supposed to bring $$ to buy food there? Do they give you a hard time about anything?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:31 AM
missin my babe

hi j's buddy,
my sweetie is also at sfrcs. you can come later to visit, but if you come before 9 it seems you wait outside until 9 before they evenstart to call you in. 5 at a time. you do need to breing money, i think the max is 50 to buy food for you and you son, but they have to eat it there, cannot take anything back to the dorm. the co's seem pretty nice compared to what i read online sometimes. i have only visited 2x and have had no problems. thanks j'slady

"warrior women"
Old 04-12-2005, 12:29 PM

My James should be making his way to SFRC sometime soon. He will soon be transferred to a work release center down in South Florida so they will transfer him from CFRC to SFRC to a WRC! Hopefully I will only be visiting SFRC one or two times!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:19 PM

I hope that Jason will be going to a work release ca mp also.
He seems to think that he will be.
It's hard to get any real idea of what is going on there - but from what he says, there are 15 guys or so in one room and it is pretty crazy there - kind of like county - very loud and nuts. But, he has more freedom, and he said that he is very close to the canteen.
He also told me that people get pulled out of there a lot for DR's.
I just hope he doesn't get into a fight with anyone.
He said someone tried to start some s*** with him over some sugar this guy said Jason stole from him.
Crazy!
I hope that I will be approved to visit him soon - his girlfriend can't go to see him at all.
They got in trouble together.
She got two years of probation and is doing three months house arrest and she was convicted of a felony besides.
Jason had a choice of a year and a half of prison or a year of prison and a year and a half or probation. He never thought that he could make it thru that kind of probation.
If his girlfriend violates, she will go to jail for 15 years.

Last edited by J's buddy; 04-12-2005 at 10:22 PM..
Old 11-10-2005, 08:07 PM

Can anyone give me any more information about the central florida reception center in orlando. All i know is that it is the main unit, and they can recieve a combination of 10 pages, envelopes or postcards. Please help!!!