Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Banned

Unhappy Securus changed my account? - Texas phone issues

When TDCJ set up my account they transposed TWO numbers in my address. Because of this, the mail man was delivering my securus bills but we must have gotten a new mail person because they started sending my securus bill back as undeliverable. My ability to receive calls was blocked and it said I owed some crazy balance so I called and they explained that because my address was wrong and their bill was return to them, I was now a prepaid account and I would never have a collect call account again. I now have to pay in advance for all of my husband's calls. It sounds ridiculous but it seriously messed up the way I budget my bills.

Since then I've begged and pleaded for them to switch it back and they ignore my emails and keep telling me that there's nothing they can do when I am able to get through on the phone.

If I close my account with them and re-open it will that circumvent this and put it back the way it was? When I had an account before I moved back to Texas it automatically opened as an advanced connect account, and then when I got my new account here it opened that way as well. I'm just getting irritated with this and want my account put back the way it was.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Starry Eyed

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,887 Posts

This happened to me, also. Securus actually messed up my address and two of my bills were returned so they put me on pre-pay only and told me there was no way to get off it. I don't know that you can reopen it with the same number, but I know you can change your number and get a whole new billed account. That was the only way I was able to do it. I changed my number and registered again and they gave me a new billed account.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeAmbition For This Useful Post:
LaLuuz (06-01-2013)