Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:14 AM

Default Fiance Extradited to Florida/How do I find him?

I'm so lost.
My fiancee got extradited to FL last night.
I look on vinelink and it just said he's released and reason was general release.

when his mother called the prison he was in they said he was extradited.
I never dealt with anyone in prison before so I am new to this.
Does he get extradited by bus or plane?
also how do I go about trying to locate him?

All I have is his offender ID #
I just wanna be able to know so I can put money in commissary for him and set up a phone account for myself at whatever new prison he is at.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,501 Times in 11,924 Posts

You'll need to check the FL inmate locator to find him, and he may have a new FL inmate ID number too.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/activeinmates/search.asp

He will be moved to FL however they decide to move him, bus, plane, car?? To figure out how that prison system operates, check the FL DOC web page. Here are the frequently asked questions.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/

also, be sure to check our FL prison forums for answers from other members who have loved ones locked up there.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128
Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

I know a woman that was recently serving a sentence in an Indiana state prison for violating an Indiana law. A district attorney in Florida wanted her to testify in Florida against an old boyfriend of hers. They transported this woman from Indiana to Florida via a bus. This woman said it was horrible. She said the bus took over a week to get to the Escambia County jail in Florida where she would be held. The bus stopped in different states picking up other inmates that were wanted in various Florida counties. To make matters worse, shortly after they dropped her off in the Escambia County Jail, there was an explosion at that jail that killed a few people. This woman, who was not hurt in the explosion, then had to be transported to yet another county jail in Santa Rosa County. She is still being held in that county jail until after her ex's trial is over. The whole experience has been a nightmare for her.

My advice is to use the Vine Link system often. Each night check to see if your loved one is being held not only in Florida but in other states as well. Your loved one might, for example, spend the night in a county jail in South Carolina simply because Florida needed to pick up an inmate in South Carolina before transporting him to Florida. It's possible that the county jail in South Carolina might inform Vine Link that your loved one is currently in their jail. It's worth a shot.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:17 PM

Thanked 5,959 Times in 3,104 Posts

If he was extradited to Florida you need to see what county he is going to. Then you can get info. I'm in florida and have dealt with all this before. Being extradited is different then being transferred as a witness. But Florida will extradite someone for the dumbest stuff. He can call collect when he arrives at whatever county he's going to. Once you know then you can either set up phone calls but they are wicked expensive from county jails. You can send commissary or packs at most county jails also. This can take awhile. Try to find out where he's going and then we can help you figure out what to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-12-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Being extradited is different then being transferred as a witness.
Tisha, the woman that I mentioned above, was treated exactly the same way that prisoners being extradited were treated. All of the prisoners on the bus with Tisha were being extradited back to Florida to stand trial. Tisha was the only prisoner on the bus being sent to Florida so that she could testify in a case. They did not treat Tisha any differently than they treated the other prisoners. All of them were treated poorly.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGalway View Post
Tisha, the woman that I mentioned above, was treated exactly the same way that prisoners being extradited were treated. All of the prisoners on the bus with Tisha were being extradited back to Florida to stand trial. Tisha was the only prisoner on the bus being sent to Florida so that she could testify in a case. They did not treat Tisha any differently than they treated the other prisoners. All of them were treated poorly.
I didn't mean they treat anyone better then someone else WHAT I was saying until you know where he is (which county), you can't do anything. Tisha on the other hand was going to a specific place to testify. It sounds like this guy was picked up and had warrant in FLORIDA. If I was Tisha I would have said screw you if I was treated crappy while testifying for anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
SonOfGalway (07-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 05:45 PM

Thanked 11,061 Times in 5,992 Posts

Most out-of-state extraditions are handled by a third-party transportation company and they don't go direct from Point A to Point B. It is not at all uncommon for it to take a week or more for a transfer that crosses multiple State lines.

As to where he winds up, much depends on what the extradition was for...if a pending charge, then expect him to land where the new charge has been filed. If he absconded from parole supervision, I don't know if Florida brings them directly back to an admitting facility (we do here in Texas).

And before the chorus of 'there is no parole in Florida' starts up, there are, in fact, persons who are STILL on parole because their conduct predated the changes in that State that effectively did away with parole.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
SonOfGalway (07-11-2014), xolady (07-12-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 06:28 AM

There is still parole in Florida its given only to inmates who have completed 85% and have gain time that have a mandatory sentence. Its not like other places granting parole. And Centexlyn is correct it takes a long time to get where they are going.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
There is still parole in Florida its given only to inmates who have completed 85% and have gain time that have a mandatory sentence. Its not like other places granting parole. And Centexlyn is correct it takes a long time to get where they are going.
My point was that they have some still hanging around that predate the 85% practice, just as (by example) Texas still has people enter custody who were eligible for parole on a life sentence for murder inside of seven years. Doing the work I do, one has to take into account ALL sentencing and release practices, not just what the current law may proscribe...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
xolady (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 07:34 PM

Thank you all. When he did finally get a hold of me he told me it was by a van where there was 12 guys in it with him...he did tell me it was a nightmare and horrible. I have read plenty of horror stories about these things online so it broke my heart.

I did find him before he called me by checking vinelink every hour though lol.

Thank you all for your help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maryjoycef For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-14-2014), SonOfGalway (07-15-2014)
Old 04-02-2016, 01:14 PM

How long did it take for him to get where he was going ?
Old 04-02-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneswife464 View Post
How long did it take for him to get where he was going ?
This thread is almost two years old and the OP has not been active since the end of 2014.

As was noted in this and your other thread, however, it all depends on where they were on the route at the time someone is picked up. Be the first one and it could be two weeks before arrival at the final destination...be the last one and you could get to the destination the next day.