Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:28 PM

Default Non violent felony offenders being approved to serve only 33%?

does anyone have any information on this?? I keep hearing about guys getting new release dates based off the 33% & they're getting out fast.
I wanna know what this is?
who is eligible?

my boyfriend is in wasco reception & has been told that he probably won't even see a counselor, find out where he's mainlining, or be givin a release date until the beginning of the year because they're so behind..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrittanyrenee View Post
does anyone have any information on this?? I keep hearing about guys getting new release dates based off the 33% & they're getting out fast.
who is eligible?

my boyfriend is in wasco reception & has been told that he probably won't even see a counselor, find out where he's mainlining, or be givin a release date until the beginning of the year because they're so behind..
How long has he been in wasco reception? my son is there also in reception since 2/2 and has less than a year left to serve.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:42 PM

they get 33% credit toward their sentence, they have to serve 66.7% instead of the 80%. I have not heard of them doing 33 percent time.
bbrittanyrenee (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieh2161 View Post
How long has he been in wasco reception? my son is there also in reception since 2/2 and has less than a year left to serve.
my boyfriend has been there since May 23rd. & has about 12 months left to serve.. still hasn't been given a release date tho cuz he hasn't seen his counselor
Old 07-29-2016, 08:22 PM

Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
my boyfriend has been there since May 23rd. & has about 12 months left to serve.. still hasn't been given a release date tho cuz he hasn't seen his counselor
It sometimes takes 4 to 6 months to get out of reception. He will receive half time (unless he has an 85% sentence) until he is out of reception and received at a minimum security facility. If he does not have his GED have him ask in reception if he can start working on that so that he can get milestone credits.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:20 PM

Wink

Quote:
who is eligible?

my bf was in wasco reception from (about) 6/30 and was recently transferred to jamestown like 2 1/2 wks ago. I kept calling the counselor and leaving messages saying that it was causing problems that his family can't speak to him. apparently this helped get the ball rolling to see the counselor. after that meeting, it took 2-3 wks and he was out of reception. ask him if he knows who his counselor is and then get their ext. and flood the voicemail .. they never answered their phone and they'll get sick of hearing your messages
Old 10-13-2016, 03:26 PM

also, vote YES on PROP 57.. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the 33% for non violent offenders and rehabilitating in lieu of incarceration
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryanzshel For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (11-02-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,005 Times in 6,843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanzshel View Post
also, vote YES on PROP 57.. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the 33% for non violent offenders and rehabilitating in lieu of incarceration
This is extremely misleading as the prop outlines nothing specific in regard to credits. Please (please, please, please) read the prop and understand what you are voting on. If nothing else scan this thread before voting.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (11-02-2016), missingdee (10-13-2016), Patrickj (10-13-2016), Sarianna (10-14-2016), sidewalker (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 03:41 PM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,871 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Actually it has absolutely nothing to do with 33% or rehabilitation in lieu of incarceration. Have you bothered to read the proposition or any of the analysis?
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (10-13-2016), Sarianna (10-14-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,005 Times in 6,843 Posts

Quote:
my bf was in wasco reception from (about) 6/30 and was recently transferred to jamestown like 2 1/2 wks ago. I kept calling the counselor and leaving messages saying that it was causing problems that his family can't speak to him. apparently this helped get the ball rolling to see the counselor. after that meeting, it took 2-3 wks and he was out of reception. ask him if he knows who his counselor is and then get their ext. and flood the voicemail .. they never answered their phone and they'll get sick of hearing your messages

Getting back to the subject of reception-- you took a serious roll of the dice. This could have gone in exactly the opposite direction as they had the option of placing him on the backburner. If he was there less than four months, he was there along the same time line as everyone else. Please remember that our special snowflakes are actually not in the eyes of CDCR. When you call and tie up the time of staff trying to do a job, you take away resources from everyone else. Trust me, there will be instances where you will need to call and it will be unfortunate if you've already burned a bridge by unnecessarily being a PITA.

You and me? We get to walk away from that place if we don't like the way they treat us. Our LOs don't have that option and if you think that creating a scene doesn't roll downhill to your LO, you're in for a rude awakening.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-14-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 04:45 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,018 Posts

Quote:

Would you show me where in Proposition 57 it says this? misinformation like this is the reason why there is so much false hope in Proposition 57.
Sarianna (10-14-2016)